Ethiopian jews oppresed in Isreal

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
They can't tell them to go home because they were the ones who airlifted them to Ethiopia in the first place.
:heh:

Apollo

VIP
They can't tell them to go home because they were the ones who airlifted them to Ethiopia in the first place.
:heh:

They were the least successful Jews historically, so not surprising they are having issues integrating into a modern industrial society.

While most other Jews were merchants and successful when they lived as a diaspora, the Falasha used to be subsistence farmers.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
They were the least successful Jews historically, so not surprising they are having issues integrating into a modern industrial society.

While most other Jews were merchants and successful when they lived as a diaspora, the Falasha used to be subsistence farmers.

And discriminated blacksmiths

Nacalaa, Horners played themselves by making blacksmithing a dishonorable skill

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP

Like all Middle Eastern and North Afrixan Jews were merchants that's nonsense. Some were carpenters etc. It's recorded.

psyche

To each their own

I heard claims before the Ethiopians Jews are actually fake Jews that lack any Jewish ancestry. Is that true?

That could explain why they lack the classic Jewish intellect/deception

Like all Middle Eastern and North Afrixan Jews were merchants that's nonsense. Some were carpenters etc. It's recorded.
Its a fact that many Sephardi Jews of Iberia & North Africa became wealthy merchants & owned highly skilled guilds.

When the Ottomans took in the Sephardi Jews after the reconquista, the Jews integrated succesfully into the economy.

Apollo

VIP

#NotAll, but you get my point.

Most other Jews were socioeconomically above their host populations historically, while the Falasha were below the Habesha and were even mocked by them for being backwards.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
I heard claims before the Ethiopians Jews are actually fake Jews that lack any Jewish ancestry. Is that true?

Naah, white supremacist ashkenazi jews often claim that, when a large portion of their population are under doubt and scrutiny themselves

The narrative that they're descendants of the Tribe of Dan holds up to historical scrutiny.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Geography might have something to do with this.

The Jews in Eastern Europe and the Middle East kept in touch with each other for thousand years because they’re geographically close to each other by land and don’t need boats and their history is mainly concentrated in those region.

The Falasha Jews on the other hand lived in a segregated remote village in the landlocked Gondar region.

The Falasha still remained in their land despite being treated as third class citizens by Abyssinia (both Amhara and Tigrayan chieftain) for centuries while the Jews outside had a history of migrating to settle with other Jews so they could escape persecution says it a lot about the Falasha’s disconnection with the Jewish community outside.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts