Ethiopian Airlines and Jigjiga

If EA was smart they would launch not only direct flights between Jigjiga and major Somali populated cities elsewhere in East Africa including Mogadishu, Garowe, Bosaso, Djibouti City, Nairobi and Garissa (but not next door Hargeisa)..they would launch direct flights between Jigjiga on the one hand and major global cities with large Somali diaspora on the other hand including London, Toronto, Dubai and Sydney

I don't think us Somalis should transit in Addis Ababa anymore, let's transit in our own Jigjiga instead and spend our time/money to Wiil Waal Airport

Som

VIP
If EA was smart they would launch not only direct flights between Jigjiga and major Somali populated cities elsewhere in East Africa including Mogadishu, Garowe, Bosaso, Djibouti City, Nairobi and Garissa (but not next door Hargeisa)..they would launch direct flights between Jigjiga on the one hand and major global cities with large Somali diaspora on the other hand including London, Toronto, Dubai and Sydney

I don't think us Somalis should transit in Addis Ababa anymore, let's transit in our own Jigjiga instead and spend our time/money to Wiil Waal Airport
Is Jigjiga airport big enough to host international flights from Europe? You need infrastructure to do something like that, that's probably why there are no direct flights

when you talk of transits more than direct you have given up subconsciously. sayonara somalia

Is Jigjiga airport big enough to host international flights from Europe? You need infrastructure to do something like that, that's probably why there are no direct flights

Of course you're right and the Ethiopian government would do well to upgrade Jigjiga Airport so as to have the necessary infrastructure to accommodate international flights containing many many Somalis

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

there are direct flights from Toronto to Addis Ababa and then from Addis Ababa there are conveniently 3 different flights that go to garowe, hargeisa and Mogadishu within the span of 3 hours when the plan lands from Toronto to Addis.

So I’m sure they’ve already thought about the diaspora part considering they time all flights to Somalia just a couple hours after planes land from London and Toronto. Idk about other cities though.

That’s why when I was going to Somalia I saw TONS of Somalis at the airport because everybody in transit at the time was most likely in transit to Somalia. Made me realize how much money we pour into Ethiopian Airlines. Despite that Ethiopian Airlines doesn’t even hire any Somalis in Cabin crew or even in the airport.

If Somalis decided just not to use ethiopian airlines I’m sure the airlines would be a lot poorer lol. I’d say on average tens of thousands of Somalis go to Somalia annually through ethiopian airlines, that’s 10s of millions of dollars to Ethiopian airlines from Somalia alone.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
They do have flights from Jigjiga to Mogadishu. Already ahead in the games.

Somalia needs SOMALI Airlines.

Trending