Ethiopia signs zeila port deal with somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Ethiopia has recently created a navy for the first time without having an access to the sea .
Ethiopia has a population of more than 90 Million while Somaliland has 4.5 million and Djibouti has a little more than a million inhabitants.
The chances of Ethiopia invading Somaliland is more than that of Djibouti . Djibouti is protected by the US and the French basis in addition to others such as China and Germany.
Somaliland does not have assurance with the exception of the recently signed military base agreement in Berbera with the UAE.

But because of the current problems within the Somaliland institutions and the prevailing corruption and nepotism fuelled by tribalism, Somaliland could succumb to the Ethiopian pressures.
I understand that President Muse Bihi is doing all he could to clean the mess left by the former government which is blamed on corruption and inciting tribalism. His chances of facing to thwart the Ethiopian ambition are minimal.

He does have a point though

This is literally all made up every single month it’s a new anti SL news story these guys dig up from the most obscure sources. If Ethiopia was going to invade anyone in the horn it’s not the Somalis that destroyed the SNA with couple thousand militiamen and no support. Think critically there’s a reason why PL and Somalia is terror infested while SL isn’t. We are cut from a different cloth and we don’t fold easily.

As usual Somalis from zoomallia are very bad at judging Ethiopia / somaliland relationship. First you guys all called Berbera port deal fake news for months , and now you guys are trying desperately to convince yourself Ethiopia wants to invade Somaliland when they couldn’t even invade Eritrea which was under UN sanctions and had women fighting and beating the Ethiopians :dead:

CaliTedesse

VIP
I don't believe or said Ethiopia will invade Somaliland that is not smart, but neither can Somaliland reject Ethiopia building a port for their navy. It can just sit by as a country and watch.

We can reject Ethiopia bulding a port if we want to. All I’m saying is if Ethiopia gets a port in Zeila the ok is not coming from Mr Cheeseman. I think you only have to look at Failmaajo crying to UN about Berbera and the UN telling him to f*ck off as proof.

Also it makes no sense to let Ethiopia build a port anywhere in Somaliland. Ethiopia has never built in a port in its own home country , nor do they run one anywhere in the world currently, so why would we take them serious ? This is exactly why this current batch of fake news you people are running with is so astonishing. Next you will tell me we should give Ethiopia a NASA type station so they can start sending humans to Mars kkk

CaliTedesse

VIP
Why did Ethiopia build a Navy then? Also if I recall it was officials in Mogadishu who in secret approved of Berbera port project and signed the documents. @Pureblood

CaliTedesse

VIP
upload_2018-12-16_19-3-35.png
upload_2018-12-16_19-4-38.png

Why did Ethiopia build a Navy then? Also if I recall it was officials in Mogadishu who in secret approved of Berbera port project and signed the documents. @Pureblood

Wallahi there was no secret deal and nobody in Mogadishu signed off on anything. Looks like you fell for the propaganda and excuses just to save face. I remember that lame excuse it was after 10 excuses had failed before it when the haters decided to blame the previous admin signing something in a secret deal even though that’s not what happened at all and the truth is nobody in Mogadishu was consulted just like SL does not consult anyone in Mogadishu in anything else. Somalia even admitted the secret deal thing was a lie when they cried to UN about other countries violating its sovereignty

That’s like asking why ethiopia has forces in Somalia. Ethiopia’s Allies Djibouti , Eritrea(?), and SL are all giving them access to ports. I think ethiopia will get a naval base maybe even in SL but not control of a port. Ethiopia through its amisom and peacekeeping activities in central - southern Somalia has shown it can handle operating its own naval base. They are restarting their navy because countries in east Africa (Djibouti, Eritrea , and Somaliland region) are growing and are collaborating on safety in the region

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I don't believe or said Ethiopia will invade Somaliland that is not smart, but neither can Somaliland reject Ethiopia building a port for their navy. It can just sit by as a country and watch.
SL can easily reject Ethiopia, it's very easy because they have jurisdiction and control Zeila.

Ethiopia has more to lose than Somaliland such as economical sanctions if they ever were to invade Somaliland.

Obviously the international community cares very little for SL but such precedent cannot be allowed. Imagine countries all over Africa just invading each other.

SL can easily reject Ethiopia, it's very easy because they have jurisdiction and control Zeila.

Ethiopia has more to lose than Somaliland such as economical sanctions if they ever were to invade Somaliland.

Obviously the international community cares very little for SL but such precedent cannot be allowed. Imagine countries all over Africa just invading each other.

Also Somaliland is one of their top trading partners. What kind of idiot trades a stable trading partner for lawless people of Somalia 27 straight years of failed state status.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Also Somaliland is one of their top trading partners. What kind of idiot trades a stable trading partner for lawless people of Somalia 27 straight years of failed state status.
Yeah, it makes no sense, since Berbera port is growing rapidly it would be a backwards move.

This current Ethiopian government are careful with Somaliland but their previous Prime Minister signed the Berbera port deal.

It's binding with UAE as the third partner you can be sure they won't leave the deal.

Yeah, it makes no sense, since Berbera port is growing rapidly it would be a backwards move.

This current Ethiopian government are careful with Somaliland but their previous Prime Minister signed the Berbera port deal.

It's binding with UAE as the third partner you can be sure they won't leave the deal.

I’m not against their allegations it’s just not coming from a credible source at all. With Zeila and possible Russian prescence actual Russian politician visited SL and SL government officials were invited to Moscow. Not a single Ethiopian nor farmaajo nor FGS politician has been in Zeila for any reason. How do you sign something over that nobody has surveyed ? These people just post things with no actual backing

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness

That is not going to happen. Will never happen as long as true red blooded Somali is alive

The chances of them invading SL is close to zero. But we still cannot, under any circumstances let them build a navy on Somali shores. f*ck, Somalia don't have a navy. If that happens, SL, Somalia, Puntland, we're all finished. I hope Muse Bihi doesn't entertain this thought, Faarmajo would if he could do, he's never refused them at all.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride

Anti Somaliland people and their WEAK ass fake news :gucciwhat::chrisfreshhah:

These people do this stuff every single month. Imagine if we were just as obsessed with them like they are with us. It’s almost like they’re a scorned divorced woman in divorce court who has to keep making things up because they know they have no leverage.

The chances of them invading SL is close to zero. But we still cannot, under any circumstances let them build a navy on Somali shores. f*ck, Somalia don't have a navy. If that happens, SL, Somalia, Puntland, we're all finished. I hope Muse Bihi doesn't entertain this thought, Faarmajo would if he could do, he's never refused them at all.

If SL is going down, the whole region will go with us.

If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together

:fittytousand::farole:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending