Ethiopia declared state of emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
I was thinking of the final solution, of course they'll fight to keep leaching off Oromo lands and labour. Addis was going to be expanded and that's what kicked off the protests, Oromo didn't want a population replacement and land grabbing. Oromo going to fight this, it's in the centre of their land and the people most desperate for control of it are the same people who've massacred and sidelined them for centuries/decades. Tigray are a tiny minority and will fall if USA withdraws support and they might if the mass killings get to a point where they can't call it a stampede or blame the protesters any more, US wants a good image in Africa. Amhara would have to get support to be able to do any damage, but Oromo and Somalis are never going to accept them and I suspect a lot of other ethnic groups too because of their grave mistakes in the past.

Oromos stole those lands so nobody is leaching off anything. The main reason Amharas despise Tigray is because Oromia region was granted which meant the destruction of Ethiopia historically. There's no ethnic group that has supported Oromo the most, then Tigray but now they will lose that support because of their greed for more power. US hates Oromo and Amhara therefore none of these groups will get support from western countries. The British always favoured Tigray to rule Ethiopia due to their historic ties with Axum empire. If Tigray decided to allow Somali region independence, the Americans would threaten to annex Tigray region themselves. Geopolitics here is deeper then what it seems.

Oromos stole those lands so nobody is leaching off anything. The main reason Amharas despise Tigray is because Oromia region was granted which meant the destruction of Ethiopia historically. There's no ethnic group that has supported Oromo the most, then Tigray but now they will lose that support because of their greed for more power. US hates Oromo and Amhara therefore none of these groups will get support from western countries. The British always favoured Tigray to rule Ethiopia due to their historic ties with Axum empire. If Tigray decided to allow Somali region independence, the Americans would threaten to annex Tigray region themselves. Geopolitics here is deeper then what it seems.

Are you Ethiopian? It's interesting, I didn't realise that Amhara would be angry over the federal process? Did you know that Oromo claim that in fact it's Oromo land that was stolen and that over centuries their land shrunk?

How would Americans annex Tigray region? To who? Colonise it?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I'm quite certain the Tigray will kick off the bloody secession that will finally destroy the failed Ethiopia project.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Are you Ethiopian? It's interesting, I didn't realise that Amhara would be angry over the federal process? Did you know that Oromo claim that in fact it's Oromo land that was stolen and that over centuries their land shrunk?

How would Americans annex Tigray region? To who? Colonise it?

Oromo occupy the biggest region in Ethiopia, which they stole from tribes that lived there, assimilating them a couple hundred years ago. I'm Harari, I can say my land has shrunk due to Oromos. Tigray is being forced to rule Ethiopia by the west, when in reality Tigray just wants to rule Tigray region. This is why tigray helped Oromo gain much power politically. Everyone was happy that Oromos gained those lands because it decapitated Amhara but now everyone hates Oromo. Oromos are becoming fanatic nationalist Nazis, who hate minorities and live in an alternate reality, where an Oromo nation exists.

Americans wouldn't invade but they would threaten Tigray for refusing to keep the status quo, they can cause an uprising to install Tigrayan leaders who will pursue America's security issue in the region. Tigray run Ethiopia is a semi-satellite state for US, the west prefers a minority group to rule, this way foreign investors can take advantage of the majority with land grabs etc. One thing America doesn't like is nationalism, they don't care if its even Christian amhara, they will bomb them like they did to Serbia. If Amhara were to rule they would limit foreign influence and shift towards Nazi Germany style governance. Many Amhara/Oromo are being dismissed from civil duties in exchange for minorities such as Somali, Afar etc.

so oromo are immigrants in their own land?

Oromo occupy the biggest region in Ethiopia, which they stole from tribes that lived there, assimilating them a couple hundred years ago. I'm Harari, I can say my land has shrunk due to Oromos. Tigray is being forced to rule Ethiopia by the west, when in reality Tigray just wants to rule Tigray region. This is why tigray helped Oromo gain much power politically. Everyone was happy that Oromos gained those lands because it decapitated Amhara but now everyone hates Oromo. Oromos are becoming fanatic nationalist Nazis, who hate minorities and live in an alternate reality, where an Oromo nation exists.

Americans wouldn't invade but they would threaten Tigray for refusing to keep the status quo, they can cause an uprising to install Tigrayan leaders who will pursue America's security issue in the region. Tigray run Ethiopia is a semi-satellite state for US, the west prefers a minority group to rule, this way foreign investors can take advantage of the majority with land grabs etc. One thing America doesn't like is nationalism, they don't care if its even Christian amhara, they will bomb them like they did to Serbia. If Amhara were to rule they would limit foreign influence and shift towards Nazi Germany style governance. Many Amhara/Oromo are being dismissed from civil duties in exchange for minorities such as Somali, Afar etc.

Which ethnic groupps assimilated? How are you sure they're not fairy tales like the Somali origin myths? I heard about Harari land shrinking, Somalis were also muscled out of Dire Dawa by Oromo expansion. So are you saying 'Oromia' is a myth? Interesting.

With all that foreign meddling and land grabbing, what do you see as the solution?

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Which ethnic groupps assimilated? How are you sure they're not fairy tales like the Somali origin myths? I heard about Harari land shrinking, Somalis were also muscled out of Dire Dawa by Oromo expansion. So are you saying 'Oromia' is a myth? Interesting.

With all that foreign meddling and land grabbing, what do you see as the solution?

All the other regions should develop their state as much as they can. Tigray right now is taking what they can get, and when they see an opening, secede. Their basically waiting for USA to get tied up in something where they wont bother to focus on them. Tigray doesnt want to play police in the region unlike amhara who believe they own the horn of africa. Wikileaks exposed USA, when it was revealed Meles was forced to invade Somalia. see here http://fpif.org/wikileaks_reveals_us_twisted_ethiopias_arm_to_invade_somalia/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.