Ethiopia bends to Tigray over elections

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Apparently they voted to go through with the vote anyways this news doesnt seem verified to me yet as its been a day and no other sources are reposting the story. @xabashi What are Ethiopian sources saying on this?

If true this would be a big blow to Abiy to just take a complete loss like that. I dont know why he ever postponed the elections he was going to win anyways prolonging it didnt put him in any better position. I suspect he is trying to put in a framework so that not only he gets in but all his cronies in other states aswell.

The Amhara told him to first hold a party elections to elect the chairperson of the PP party since he was elected by EPRDF.
So he needs to get the legitimacy of the PP party and Amhara said they will field their own desired candidate it has been a big blow to Abye waagi ba Ku barye.

I here that Abye came to his sense and started marshalling his oromo foot soilders.
So he wants.Cagjar to be the party chairman.So Cagjar went to Afar region to start his.campaign as chairman he gave millions of biir to Afar region to vote him in.

He knows that if Amhara had gone for the party elections they would win and replace him in a bit as he has alienated Oromos and Amharas see this as the best chance to take power from him.

The Amhara told him to first hold a party elections to elect the chairperson of the PP party since he was elected by EPRDF.
So he needs to get the legitimacy of the PP party and Amhara said they will field their own desired candidate it has been a big blow to Abye waagi ba Ku barye.

I here that Abye came to his sense and started marshalling his oromo foot soilders.
So he wants.Cagjar to be the party chairman.So Cagjar went to Afar region to start his.campaign as chairman he gave millions of biir to Afar region to vote him in.

He knows that if Amhara had gone for the party elections they would win and replace him in a bit as he has alienated Oromos and Amharas see this as the best chance to take power from him.

what do you mean take power from him, like get an amahra president? wouldn't that just make everyone in ethiopia want to secede even more

what do you mean take power from him, like get an amahra president? wouldn't that just make everyone in ethiopia want to secede even more
Amhara have infiltrated most of the govt organs.

So whoever's is elected as PP chairman can by default become the PM of Ethiopia and head for national elections.

Abye knows he cant beat Amhara now as he has alienated Oromos,Amhara think this is the best time to take power and get back to power after 30 years.

So Abye is trying to spin out of this by making Mustafa contest for the seat of Chairman while Abyr controls the PM position so Mustafa is looking for Sfar support.

This doesnt mean Somalis will be in better position but means we have stoooped to this low it's a big L.

Amhara have infiltrated most of the govt organs.

So whoever's is elected as PP chairman can by default become the PM of Ethiopia and head for national elections.

Abye knows he cant beat Amhara now as he has alienated Oromos,Amhara think this is the best time to take power and get back to power after 30 years.

So Abye is trying to spin out of this by making Mustafa contest for the seat of Chairman while Abyr controls the PM position so Mustafa is looking for Sfar support.

This doesnt mean Somalis will be in better position but means we have stoooped to this low it's a big L.
wait do people not get to vote for the prime minister? amharas or abye can just force some guy into the pp chairman seat and then he's automatically next in line to being prime minister? i just don't get how an amhara can ever be ruler again when they're only 20% of the population and the other 80% dont want to be stuck under another haile selasei

Apparently they voted to go through with the vote anyways this news doesnt seem verified to me yet as its been a day and no other sources are reposting the story. @xabashi What are Ethiopian sources saying on this?

If true this would be a big blow to Abiy to just take a complete loss like that. I dont know why he ever postponed the elections he was going to win anyways prolonging it didnt put him in any better position. I suspect he is trying to put in a framework so that not only he gets in but all his cronies in other states aswell.

Yes, the parliament voted to go with elections AFTER the health ministry few days ago said it is possible to hold elections in the coming months because the country now is well prepared to cope with corona pandemic. When the election was postponed it was explicitly stated that election should be held 9-12 months AFTER health institutions made their assessment and come up with a recommendation. Now they have done their job, the parliament can no longer extend elections. Election board also said yesterday, that all the necessary material are bought and are ready. So it looks like elections will be held in the coming months.

I really don't see why this is a blow to Abiy or a surprise for anyone. PM Abiy many times said that election will only be postponed only for few months and not years. So, I see no real new news and that is why I think the Ethiopian media is not hyped about this.

Btw I don't know why your title has Tigray in it. What has that to do with Tigray? TPLF held a fake election in Tigray and said it won 99.7% of the seats leaving only 1 seat for the opposition which the opposition rejected to accept :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa: . Everybody know TPLF doesn't even know what election is let alone to hold a free and fair election. Tigray election in Ethiopia has become a laughing stock and a joke.

Last edited:

This is complete BS and has more to do with your Amharaphobia than the reality on the ground. Go see a doctor. PM Abiy is here to stay and majority of Amhara are behind him, period! Anything else is in your fantasy world.

This is complete BS and has more to do with your Amharaphobia than the reality on the ground. Go see a doctor. PM Abiy is here to stay and majority of Amhara are behind him, period! Anything else is in your fantasy world.
Go lie to yourself we know your treacherous ways this is 2020 not 1800s

Lol the world sees Abiy, if he accepts an election that is going to be held during covid 19 then he has to accept the Tigray election that held their election on the backing of the constitution.

The consitution is the only element that is holding the country together, you take that away im sure you will be heading back to your mountains.

Lol the world sees Abiy, if he accepts an election that is going to be held during covid 19 then he has to accept the Tigray election that held their election on the backing of the constitution.

The consitution is the only element that is holding the country together, you take that away im sure you will be heading back to your mountains.

Sorry but according to the constitution there is only one election board in Ethiopia that has the mandate to conduct local and general elections and also hold referendum. Tigray election was conducted by an illegal TPLF election bored that has no basis in the constitution. Accepting Tigray election is like accepting new Tigray currency. There is only one central bank that can issue a currency. That is according to the constitution. Anything else needs a constitutional amendment. Tigray election is null and void whether TPLF likes it or not.