Eritreans vs Somalis on a tahriib boat

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Most Eritreans in the West are orthodox christians, I have met only one Eritrean Muslim and one Eritrean catholic.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Most Eritreans in the West are orthodox christians, I have met only one Eritrean Muslim and one Eritrean catholic.
Eritrea is mini Ethiopia as it is composed of distinctly different ethnic groups who speak separate languages and adhere to separate religions. In contrast, Somalia is a mono ethnic country where there are differences among Somali tribes that speak the same language and adhere to the same religion of Islam.

In Eritrea, about 55% of population are Tigrayans who are Christians and 30% are Tigre who are Muslim. They are two largest groups and both are Habashis aka Semitic people of the Horn of Africa.

Last edited:

AbdiGeedi

@Ayubi

To me Habashis both in Ethiopia and Eritrea seem to be stockier and shorter. They are kind of similar to Yemenis who tend to be shorter as well but skinny. I am guessing it has to do with their common Semitic origins. I mean the height.

In contrast, Cushitic Somalis tend to be slim and tall on average.

Oromos are Cushitic too. But, to me they are starting to look more and more like Habashis. Maybe Oromos are interbreeding with them and getting shorter in height?

Oromos are Cushitic too. But, to me they starting to look more and more like Habashis. Maybe Oromos are interbreeding with them and getting shorter in height?
Oromo's assimilated lot's of different ethnicities in their expansion which might explain it. They border Habesha's too and intermarry.

AbdiGeedi

Oromo's assimilated lot's of different ethnicities in their expansion which might explain it. They border Habesha's too and intermarry.
When I see Oromo youth in the videos they look to me irritatingly different. Are Somalis the only true Cushitic people left on Earth?

Trending