Eritrean president visits Cairo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was Eritrea, I would support anything that destabilizes ethiopia.

I don't understand though why Sudan supports the Dam project, cuz the nile flows south to north, so the dam is gonna affect the blue nile for Sudan as well.

If sudan built a dam on the white nile......

:sass2:

egypt would be in deeeep trouble. Egypt is in trouble either way, because the river doesn't flow from them, it flows to them. I can see egypt actually going to war with ethiopia over the nile. Egypt would get some arab countries backing it, and ethiopia may or may not get some african countries.

:damedamn:

It would be interesting. There's going to be a lot of wars and conflicts over water in the future. Somalia especially will have wells dry up. They could do water desalination though, but it needs a big investment.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
If I was Eritrea, I would support anything that destabilizes ethiopia.

I don't understand though why Sudan supports the Dam project, cuz the nile flows south to north, so the dam is gonna affect the blue nile for Sudan as well.

If sudan built a dam on the white nile......

:sass2:

egypt would be in deeeep trouble. Egypt is in trouble either way, because the river doesn't flow from them, it flows to them. I can see egypt actually going to war with ethiopia over the nile. Egypt would get some arab countries backing it, and ethiopia may or may not get some african countries.

:damedamn:

It would be interesting. There's going to be a lot of wars and conflicts over water in the future. Somalia especially will have wells dry up. They could do water desalination though, but it needs a big investment.
I dont think Sudan outright supports it but just accepts it. The dam is built just before the Sudan border and if the dam is destroyed then that amount of water would wash over Sudan, smart play by the Tigrays.
Somalia does have tons of small rivers and underground water but controlling the upper Shabella river system would be nice.
Egypt is pathetic. They just beating their chest. This is getting boring
True but why hasnt Egypt done anything big yet against the dam. Maybe something or someone is holding them back

I dont think Sudan outright supports it but just accepts it. The dam is built just before the Sudan border and if the dam is destroyed then that amount of water would wash over Sudan, smart play by the Tigrays.
Somalia does have tons of small rivers and underground water but controlling the upper Shabella river system would be nice.

True but why hasnt Egypt done anything big yet against the dam. Maybe something or someone is holding them back
Sudan supports the dam because it will prevent the annual floods on the banks of the blue nile. Sudan has a tremendous surplus of water that's unused, so if 20% of the blue nile goes away for 5-6 years (the absolute worst scenario) then Sudan will be fine while Egypt will defiantly feel the pressure.

As for water washing over Sudan if the dam was bombed, it would only affect small villages that the Sudani government doesn't care about. Ad-Damazin is the nearest city and it's still too far away to be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending