English Ethnic Test Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do West African Immigrants do so well in foreign schools specifically England? Why do Somalis do so poor? Is it just poverty or is it the parents fault? How can we improve?

And most importantly, WTF is wrong with the Poortuguese!
England_math.png

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If Somalia was a functional country and only the cream of the crop were hand selected to attend school abroad, would we see this discrepancy? No. Sadly, things aren't what they used to be. Aabo's generation were lucky.:meleshame:

Ethnic groups i think they mean nationalities Italian, Portuguese and white Eastern European aren't ethnic groups. Also Better luck next time Eastern Euros :drakelaugh:

Bourbaki

2021 CHESS CHAMP
THE MAGICIAN
I wouldn't worry so much.
https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/rsu/sites/www.lambeth.gov.uk.rsu/files/The_Achievement_of_Somali_Pupils_in_Lambeth_Research Brief_2016.pdf

Lambeth is a borough of London.
A basic standard used by the government is achieving 5 A* to C at GCSE including English and Maths. What this specifically means isn't important for you non-UK readers, only that about 50% of people achieve this each year.
In 2005 0% of Somalis in Lambeth achieved this standard.
In 2015 55% of Somalis in Lambeth achieved this standard.

So basically Somalis went from fully retarded to slightly above average in a decade :salute:

Lambeth might be a special case though, but I don't see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts