Engineers/engineer students come in

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
The learning aspect is a bit hard and annoying, but once you get the gist, its really a walk in the park, fun to do, and sometimes entertaining.

Scar.

OP, do you really want to listen to anything from Scar? Dude murdered his own brother

Its only annoying when you gotta fix some dumbasses stupid code, but when you get to lead a project and create a new app or feature its awesome.

Agreed on the learning though, some of the initial concepts like objects can take some time for newbies.

Yo.

If you want money, learn CS.
If you like to have your own freedom one day, learn CS.
If you have a great mind for ideas, learn CS.

It's hard man, but it's the most rewarding thing you can do in this world. Especially if you live in a western country. You should be learning CS by default. You want freedom nigga, learn CS.

Its only annoying when you gotta fix some dumbasses stupid code, but when you get to lead a project and create a new app or feature its awesome.

Agreed on the learning though, some of the initial concepts like objects can take some time for newbies.
what math knowledge do you have?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Scar.

OP, do you really want to listen to anything from Scar? Dude murdered his own brother
Mufasta was a just leader, but the people of pride rock needed a scar to bring them back to earth.

But albeit, learning is hard, but becomes enjoyable once you get the gist of it.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
@Calaf @kickz, @freeupgang, @Sol, etccc

Why don't we build something that can provide value for us and the Somali community at large? I'm tired of playing office politics with caadans. Well that's a lie, I dislike being under anyone's authority, Somali or caadan.

There are so many services we could build for Africa's booming economy in the next coming decades. Every single problem Africa/Somalia faces has a solution in an App, especially when everywhere you go, it seems like everyone has a phone.

App to exchange goods using crypto? (That's already developed).
App to connect rural nomads to the world and get direct monetary gain?
App to ______.

A country can go from third world status to first world with the introduction of the internet, power lines, etc. Renewable energy is the big push all countries are making, how about a company that supplies solar panels, wind turbines, etc.

"Yes bro, this is a dangerous area for you, let me go there and convince the locals how safe your tech is." Skip over to your cousins, the "locals", about how much they'd profit with sheer pretending.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My dad was an engineer he kinda wanted me to become a doctor cus it was his dream but i was like nah, i wanna become an engineer and i didnt see myself becoming anything else tbh. I dont dislike it, some topics get me passionate but as a student im just waiting to get out of uni lol i just finished my last final exam yesterday ending my second year, two more left for me. Ill be graduating around 23 years old. I was a year or two late compared to my peers back in school because i graduated from hargeisa and finding a good uni for me was a bit difficult.

My dad was an engineer he kinda wanted me to become a doctor cus it was his dream but i was like nah, i wanna become an engineer and i didnt see myself becoming anything else tbh. I dont dislike it, some topics get me passionate but as a student im just waiting to get out of uni lol i just finished my last final exam yesterday ending my second year, two more left for me. Ill be graduating around 23 years old. I was a year or two late compared to my peers back in school because i graduated from hargeisa and finding a good uni for me was a bit difficult.
How is the Somali educational system? Does it just adopt whatever the hell the EU uses (Ib system iirc)
Also would it even be possible for a smart farax to go to a top tier school in US/UK or does it really depend on how prestigious it is?

How is the Somali educational system? Does it just adopt whatever the hell the EU uses (Ib system iirc)
Also would it even be possible for a smart farax to go to a top tier school in US/UK or does it really depend on how prestigious it is?
I actually spent 90% of my schooling in the UAE just my final year was in hargeisa, naturally i felt like i learnt nothing during that year, it kind felt like dugsi because the students heavily relied on memorizing everything to get by, even math lol. The one i was in had forms like form 1,2,3,4 idk which country does that in the world, but i think its closer to UK.

I study in Malaysia rn and tbh unless the student pays a loooot of money(unlikely) or gets a scholarship theres no way in hell would they join such prestigious unis because they dont really find most somali schools credible, i was accepted for a canadian uni payed for the semester chose my classes and all but my somali pport fked me over as i couldnt get a student visa after trying twice. Thats where i wasted alot of time so i just went to a good malaysian uni and looking back at it im happy we did that because the costs are literally fraction of what i had to pay for canadian uni PLUS the pandemic happened and now most unis are just glorified youtube. Id feel so bad wasting tens of thousands of dollars a semester for a couple videos.

As for my peers some classmates went to turkey, few went malaysia and majority stayed in somalia for local universities.

I actually spent 90% of my schooling in the UAE just my final year was in hargeisa, naturally i felt like i learnt nothing during that year, it kind felt like dugsi because the students heavily relied on memorizing everything to get by, even math lol. The one i was in had forms like form 1,2,3,4 idk which country does that in the world, but i think its closer to UK.

I study in Malaysia rn and tbh unless the student pays a loooot of money(unlikely) or gets a scholarship theres no way in hell would they join such prestigious unis because they dont really find most somali schools credible, i was accepted for a canadian uni payed for the semester chose my classes and all but my somali pport fked me over as i couldnt get a student visa after trying twice. Thats where i wasted alot of time so i just went to a good malaysian uni and looking back at it im happy we did that because the costs are literally fraction of what i had to pay for canadian uni PLUS the pandemic happened and now most unis are just glorified youtube. Id feel so bad wasting tens of thousands of dollars a semester for a couple videos.

As for my peers some classmates went to turkey, few went malaysia and majority stayed in somalia for local universities.
How do Somalia get scholarships if there school isn't credible? Very sad how they use memorization though but not surprised because there's no standard to go by iirc

How do Somalia get scholarships if there school isn't credible? Very sad how they use memorization though but not surprised because there's no standard to go by iirc
Usually they have to apply themselves, there isn't anyone coming for you. There were turkish scholarships oppurtinities around the time i graduated tho i didnt look much into it.

People think Somalia is an anarchy and look down on us, our education isn't standardized, infact a few of the books used as class material was written by the same teachers that were teaching my class. This was in hargeisa. In the south perhaps things are better or are the same.

Trending

Latest posts