Empressjamila's 23andme results

alien

📍outer space
VIP
the diversity mashallah :salute:

I'm unlikely to get that since both sides are geeljire cumar maxamuuds (with a 25% Leelkase). so unlikely to be mixed since we don't come from the big cities/coastal

The result would make sense if hawiye that has a grandmother or great grandmother mixed with somali bantu. But if you read she said her father is HA and mother is gadabgursi, her mother thou lived in Djibouti and she has maternal lineage of Comorien from comoros island. 23andme probably did not detect but comoros are mixed with Yemen, i heard the its like 80% bantu, 20% arab.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
The result would make sense if hawiye that has a grandmother or great grandmother mixed with somali bantu. But if you read she said her father is HA and mother is gadabgursi, her mother thou lived in Djibouti and she has maternal lineage of Comorien from comoros island. 23andme probably did not detect but comoros are mixed with Yemen, i heard the its like 80% bantu, 20% arab.
Comorians are quite heterogeneous when it comes to middle eastern ancestry. Your average Comorian has more South East Asian and South Asian ancestry than Arabian. Comoros History despite being closely related to the rest of the Swahili coasts is also tied to Madagascar in many ways.

Comorians are quite heterogeneous when it comes to middle eastern ancestry. Your average Comorian has more South East Asian and South Asian ancestry than Arabian. Comoros History despite being closely related to the rest of the Swahili coasts is also tied to Madagascar in many ways.

Thanks for correction, yes i read somewhere about Asian mixed, her 1.9 East Asian makes sense now.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
If I could be part any Other African group it would be khoisan. They’re so unique
giphy.gif

Apollo

VIP
Yea you’re right! My mom is also Djiboutian

Hmm, French Empire explains your result.

1024px-EmpireFrench.png

Wtf? First time I've heard the word "Austronesian" in my LIFE

It basically means Southeast Asian.

640px-Chronological_dispersal_of_Austronesian_people_across_the_Pacific_%28per_Benton_et_al%2C_2012%2C_adapted_from_Bellwood%2C_2011%29.png

I wish I was Congolese. Or Ghanaian are my top 2. After that it’s Japanese or Korean.

Congolese on 23andMe is not specific to the country of the Congo.

It means Bantu and can be from Cameroon to Uganda to South Africa.

The only African cluster on 23andMe that is relatively specific to one country is the Somali component, but even there it can be from Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, or Djibouti.

Trending

Latest posts