Empowering the disabled

One of the biggest problems in the Somali community that’s not talked about is ableism. Many Somalis are ignorant to how disabilities work and just blame everything on jinns. When I was younger, my ayeeyo tried doing Quran saar on me for my autism which didn’t work. My whole life I’ve felt ostracized by somalis for my disorder I feel one of the reasons Allah is punishing us is because of how we treat the disabled. We need more disabled representation in parliament and maybe even a disabled president if we want to combat this. What do you guys think

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
One of the biggest problems in the Somali community that’s not talked about is ableism. Many Somalis are ignorant to how disabilities work and just blame everything on jinns. When I was younger, my ayeeyo tried doing Quran saar on me for my autism which didn’t work. My whole life I’ve felt ostracized by somalis for my disorder I feel one of the reasons Allah is punishing us is because of how we treat the disabled. We need more disabled representation in parliament and maybe even a disabled president if we want to combat this. What do you guys think
Mental health awareness is lacking in somali culture. Im sorry you had to go through that. One of the good things to come about the social media age is more people are knowledgeable about mental disorders.

Mental health is as serious as physical health if not more.

The issue is not the Quran saar but your folks not also taking you to the doctor for evaluation.

Were you here in the West when this happened?

The issue is not the Quran saar but your folks not also taking you to the doctor for evaluation.

Were you here in the West when this happened?
Quran saar is a good thing it’s just misused sometimes. Yes I was in the west my grandma used to live with me when I was a kid. My parents never took me to get diagnosed I was diagnosed in elementary school by a child psychologist

Trending