EmDrive/M-Drive/RF resonant cavity thruster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found it, I can believe it was so close and missed it but anyways to celebrate my return to this section I'll be posting something that'll blow your minds away as it can helps us do FTL travel after 30 years!

You hear and see that? SPAAACE here I come! :cool:

2AE8826A00000578-3177449-image-a-46_1438096122652.jpg

It won't work. Sorry bro. Your fantasy machine still violates conservation of electromagnetic momentum. 50-70 μN is won't even get a snowflake out of the Earth's gravity well let alone to the nearest star, especially when your error bars are between 15-30 μN. That's some pretty bad science and I won't dismiss the idea that at least one of these guys is smoking the good stuff.

It won't work. Sorry bro. Your fantasy machine still violates conservation of electromagnetic momentum. 50-70 μN is won't even get a snowflake out of the Earth's gravity well let alone to the nearest star, especially when your error bars are between 15-30 μN. That's some pretty bad science and I won't dismiss the idea that at least one of these guys is smoking the good stuff.

Well its confirmed to be plausible through experiments done by NASA, Some private institutions and the Chinese space agency, lets not jump to conclusions and be hasty. We should sit and wait, if it works then hooray and if it doesn't well too bad for us.

Well its confirmed to be plausible through experiments done by NASA, Some private institutions and the Chinese space agency, lets not jump to conclusions and be hasty. We should sit and wait, if it works then hooray and if it doesn't well too bad for us.

Khattob my boy, you still have a lot to learn about the universe. I was going to give you a full theoretical refutation using only a little advanced undergraduate E&M and common sense. No quantum fields or nasty lagrangians needed. This idea is incredibly stupid but the problem is you don't know enough physics yet to see why that is the case. My suggestion to you is to keep learning and one day you will come across this fundamental equation:

r1h4z4.jpg

Once you understand all of the terms in that equation and what it's implications are for this fictional device, you will laugh and look back at your ignorance and naivety in this thread. The results of the Chinese or the NASA people who aren't even proper NASA is wholly uninteresting and quite experimentally ambiguous. It will take much much more than that to break conservation of momentum. Experiments that at least cost several million dollars to run and produce Nature level publications.

The truth is, there is almost no reason to expect conservation of momentum to be violated at such macroscopic scales. Why? Because it is intrinsically built into the standard model of particle physics, which has been one of the most successful physical theories that describes just about everything in the physical world except for gravitating bodies in the relativistic limit. Before it was complete, there was once a time when scientists at particle accelerators were so puzzled by beta decay and couldn't explain at all the missing energy in each reaction to the point it was actually believed by many scientists that energy conservation was no longer a fundamental law of science. That was before the Neutrino was proposed to explain the missing energy. The point of all of this is, if momentum conservation could be so easily violated in such poorly designed experiments, it would have certainly been found out well before particle accelerators and at the low-energy quantum mechanical limit.

I don't fully accept the notion that it's completely impossible and they are 100% wrong. If what they are indeed observing is true, then it certainly won't because of their laughable nonexplanation of the "quantum vacuum virtual plasma" mumbo jumbo but will be something far more exotic and would mean practically all of physics would have to be rewritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending