Egypt is building a new capital city. It will cost about $45 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want to build a modern Atlantis while their beggars clog the street, and their youth unemployment figures are through the roof. Like a typical Arab, I see they have their priorities straight.

Somalia needs water management. Water collection and storage, reservoirs, irrigation, water treatment sites, sewage treatment/disposal, sewerage networks, sludge-to-farm, etc.. These infrastructures can last for centuries with a good design and build.

Once you have a secured water supply, you have a solid base to build a functioning society from. The next step would be farming and food production. Glitzy city buildings should come AFTER all the basics are covered.

They want to build a modern Atlantis while their beggars clog the street, and their youth unemployment figures are through the roof. Like a typical Arab, I see they have their priorities straight.

Somalia needs water management. Water collection and storage, reservoirs, irrigation, water treatment sites, sewage treatment/disposal, sewerage networks, sludge-to-farm, etc.. These infrastructures can last for centuries with a good design and build.

Once you have a secured water supply, you have a solid base to build a functioning society from. The next step would be farming and food production. Glitzy city buildings should come AFTER all the basics are covered.

Agreed

Some of these "glitzy" cities don't even have a sewage system.
I'd rather Somalia develop at a normal pace, in line with environmentally friendly developments, complete with renewable clean energy.
Who cares about skyscrapers, a lot of these cities look like clones void of culture and warmth.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Agreed

I'd rather Somalia develop at a normal pace, in line with environmentally friendly developments, complete with renewable clean energy.
Who cares about skyscrapers, a lot of these cities look like clones void of culture and warmth.

Which newly built cities don't have sewage systems?

Which newly built cities don't have sewage systems?

I don't want to say the names, but there are certain wealthy countries who do not supply their citizens with clean drinking water and have terrible sewage systems.

I'd rather Somalis live in the same dwellings but have clean water, clean energy and a proper waste management system. Skyscrapers and other superficial things are useless.

Egypt and Ethiopia, may be far more advanced in terms of certain developmental standards, but they like India, have a poor track record when it comes to looking after the weakest in their society.

Somalis tend to have more of a natural welfare system, with a decent governmental system in place, we will cruise past them easily.

Genie

The last suugo bender

Dw , i'll do all of that. for the sewage disposal i was thinking can't we use them for fertilisation of course we need to treat some of the xaar for khat , but even with the khat maybe we'll get crops growing like no tomorrow...... i'm a genius. :ohhhdamn:

Apollo

VIP
Cairo is an urban planning mess. This just out of necessity. You can't equate the situation with Mogadishu, which is fine besides the security issue.

Aaegal

I don't want to say the names, but there are certain wealthy countries who do not supply their citizens with clean drinking water and have terrible sewage systems.

I'd rather Somalis live in the same dwellings but have clean water, clean energy and a proper waste management system. Skyscrapers and other superficial things are useless.

Egypt and Ethiopia, may be far more advanced in terms of certain developmental standards, but they like India, have a poor track record when it comes to looking after the weakest in their society.

Somalis tend to have more of a natural welfare system, with a decent governmental system in place, we will cruise past them easily.

Why not? You aren't going to hurt it's feelings. Every developed nation provides it's citizens with clean drinking water, and working sewage systems.

Did you miss the part where I said I hope Somalia is as advanced in the FUTURE?

Aaegal

Cairo is an urban planning mess. This just out of necessity. You can't equate the situation with Mogadishu, which is fine besides the security issue.
I wasn't trying to equate it to Somalia now. I just said I hope to see Somalia as developed in the FUTURE

Agreed

I agree with the rest but I think building skyscrapers is necessary.

Dw , i'll do all of that. for the sewage disposal i was thinking can't we use them for fertilisation of course we need to treat some of the xaar for khat , but even with the khat maybe we'll get crops growing like no tomorrow...... i'm a genius. :ohhhdamn:

'Sludge', the solid remains from filtered sewage, is called 'Black Gold' in the water industry - it's the next big thing. Previously they would dispose of the 'sludge' by incinerating it; i.e. it a was a burden to dispose of it. But now, if you can thicken it to above 25% or above dry solids content (measure of thickness), you can use it as an excellent fertiliser.

Not to mention if you can cook the sludge and create methane as a byproduct, you can feed a CHP plant, and bingo - you have power. You can generate even more power by putting it through something called a Thermo Hydrolysis Plant; there a few of them in the UK (Thames and STW that I know of).

Literally xaar turned into gold. Invest in water company stock - the big brass are rubbing their hands for the potential income.

A few skyscrapers for corporate offices waa lafahmay. But jerking off over plans out of a Michael Bay CGI storyboard is an Arab disease. The doqomo running the UAE are a prime example. The exuberance in the 80's was irresponsible at best.

I mean look at this shit:

maxresdefault.jpg

They could've turned their desserts into a paradise. The cliched quote goes:

"My grandfather rode a Camel, my father rode a Camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Land Rover, his son will drive a Land Rover, but his son will ride a Camel."

Rashid bin Saeed al Makhtoum​

This can't be true. Egypt is currently broke, and the country is dealing with high unemployment rate and high inflation rate. They definitely can't afford to build a new city.

Aaegal

This can't be true. Egypt is currently broke, and the country is dealing with high unemployment rate and high inflation rate. They definitely can't afford to build a new city.

It's being funded by private companies. Last I read the Chinese had something to do with the majority of the funding.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
They got Arab money thats why, they gotta do Saudias beef; Egypt is a bouncer they get rewards for their loyalty if somalia done the same they'll get a seat closer to Saudi Arabia in the Arab league at most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts