Egypt-Ethiopia dispute over giant Nile dam reaches critical point

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
That's not war lol that's sending a army to conquer Abyssinia . Plus it was fought on land of current Eritrea. Was it a real all out war. Today Somalia would have Egypt as neighbors.
Egypt would had a border with us? Oh come on Egypt lost Sudan due to abdul-nasir foolishness

Somalia and Egypt are eternal allies

1200px-Egypt_under_Muhammad_Ali_Dynasty_map_en.svg.png

Ethiopia should divert some of the Nile water to Djibouti, Somalia and Eritrea. The prosperity of the Horn is sacrosanct!

To hell with Sudan and Egypt.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
At this rate the hole horn will descend into chaos.

Kenya and Somalia. Ethiopia and egypt.

The west secretly wants this so they can rush to make more shithole vice documentaries.

:lolbron: :mjlol: :heh:

I think you are not well informed about the issue here. The May "treaty" was not a treaty at all. The US just told Ethiopia not fill the dam until a final deal on the sharing of water is reached and Ethiopia rejected this "order" and pulled out. Egypt was blocking any treaty other than the colonial treaty for decades and now all of a sudden we should believe Egypt and wait forever until a deal is cut? Egypt's plan is simple if we agree not to fill the dam before a final deal is reached. Egypt will continue to block a new treaty for the coming decades and Ethiopia will be bound to wait until a final deal is reached. We ain't stupid. We go the facts on the ground route and everybody will swallow it and starts to live with it believe me. Sudan is just being pressured by the US, in reality Sudan is with Ethiopia.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Whos backing out again?? Ur either ignored or simply just bias.

"Sudan and Ethiopia have deep cooperation." Didn't Sudan just refused to sign Ethiopians proposed treaty like 2 days ago and demanded a 3-way treaty?? So much for the "deep cooperation".

Anyhow, So far It seems like the USA is taking Egypt's side. They will either stop their aid/sanction Ethiopia and pay Egypt for the damages. Or give a green light to Egypt to take military actions.
I hope Ethiopia folds tbh. Because Unlike Egypt, Ethiopias aren't united internally. Any major turmoil/successful coup will send Ethiopia back to the 90s.

Egypt can bytch Ethiopia anyday even if Sudan doesn't back them
the question is which side will somalia benefit from i think we should not be amateur or naive as much as i hate ethiopia our eternal enemy i think it will be more beneficial if we side with ethiopia we share also with them the shabele river they may start building dams and may never share with the electricity abundance they may get from this huge dam egypt didn't side with us 77 war they looked at their interest so we should look also our interests

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
the question is which side will somalia benefit from i think we should not be amateur or naive as much as i hate ethiopia our eternal enemy i think it will be more beneficial if we side with ethiopia we share also with them the shabele river they may start building dams and may never share with the electricity abundance they may get from this huge dam egypt didn't side with us 77 war they looked at their interest so we should look also our interests
Our best interest is for Ethiopia to be weak. Eritrea, Sudan, Egypt, and Kenya all have problems with Ethiopia we would just be joining the losing side by aligning with them

On top of that, I remember when they asked Mubarak about Ethiopia's invasion back 2006. His answer was "I understand why they did it". Fuk Egypt. We should stay neutral tho. We have nothing to gain and too much to lose.

Our best interest is for Ethiopia to be weak. Eritrea, Sudan, Egypt, and Kenya all have problems with Ethiopia we would just be joining the losing side by aligning with them
i heard that in case of war egypt would like to use somali militias like onlf to attack ethiopia egypt want to use us as their slave soldiers they have nothing else to offer other than war which we are tired off plus we would always share boarder with this filthy ethiopians we can't do anything other than look for our interests and priorities

On top of that, I remember when they asked Mubarak about Ethiopia's invasion back 2006. His answer was "I understand why they did it". Fuk Egypt. We should stay neutral tho. We have nothing to gain and too much to lose.
Neutral is the way, Swiss know this

Somalia should hope Egypt wins the dispute but they shouldn't get involved, no need to put an Ethiopian target on their backs.

Screw Ethiopia, they want to say all that "We were never colonized" shit when they teamed up with colonist to screw over other African countries

Last edited:
Whos backing out again?? Ur either ignored or simply just bias.

"Sudan and Ethiopia have deep cooperation." Didn't Sudan just refused to sign Ethiopians proposed treaty like 2 days ago and demanded a 3-way treaty?? So much for the "deep cooperation".

Anyhow, So far It seems like the USA is taking Egypt's side. They will either stop their aid/sanction Ethiopia and pay Egypt for the damages. Or give a green light to Egypt to take military actions.
I hope Ethiopia folds tbh. Because Unlike Egypt, Ethiopias aren't united internally. Any major turmoil/successful coup will send Ethiopia back to the 90s.

You still don't understand the real issue here. The so called final agreement and all the so called May treaty has nothing to do with Ethiopia. The US and Egypt prepared a document and told Ethiopia to sign on it. That is exactly what happened. Imagine there was a decades long negotiation going on between Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt but all of a sudden the US comes in with a document from Egypt and forces Ethiopia to sign. That is what you are calling agreement or treaty. From Ethiopian respective it is useless paper. Egypt, Sudan and the US can sign it if that helps them but it has nothing to do with us or how we use our resources in our own country.

The US sanctioning Ethiopia, or Egypt's military adventure are all possible options but for us Ethiopians we should never ask for permission to use our national resources inside our own country and the most likely and realistically option is that we will be starting filling the dam in the coming months then the focus of negotiation will shift from filling of the dam to the % of water sharing.

Last edited:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Habeshi put their booty up for egypt and allow them to win without firing a single middle.

I guess the Egyptians will twist their arm until they cancel the dam.

Habeshi put their booty up for egypt and allow them to win without firing a single middle.

I guess the Egyptians will twist their arm until they cancel the dam.

Do you have reading disabilities? Read the detail. Egypt accepts the Ethio-Sudan proposal and not the other way around. The Egyptian-US so called agreement is dead because Ethiopia refused to sign it. You will see how Ethiopia will start filling the dam in two months time and creates facts on the ground.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Do you have reading disabilities? Read the detail. Egypt accepts the Ethio-Sudan proposal and not the other way around. The Egyptian-US so called agreement is dead because Ethiopia refused to sign it. You will see how Ethiopia will start filling the dam in two months time and creates facts on the ground.
I hope for you this goes well truly.

You still don't understand the real issue here. The so called final agreement and all the so called May treaty has nothing to do with Ethiopia. The US and Egypt prepared a document and told Ethiopia to sign on it. That is exactly what happened. Imagine there was a decades long negotiation going on between Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt but all of a sudden the US comes in with a document from Egypt and forces Ethiopia to sign. That is what you are calling agreement or treaty. From Ethiopian respective it is useless paper. Egypt, Sudan and the US can sign it if that helps them but it has nothing to do with us or how we use our resources in our own country.

The US sanctioning Ethiopia, or Egypt's military adventure are all possible options but for us Ethiopians we should never ask for permission to use our national resources inside our own country and the most likely and realistically option is that we will be starting filling the dam in the coming months then the focus of negotiation will shift from filling of the dam to the % of water sharing.

GERD is meant to be for power generation not irrigation right? Hence the all water should eventually reach Egypt, none of it diverted to irrigiation or anything

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
There is nothing Egypt can do now unless it air strikes the dam. Stupid Arabs can only do what the US and Israel allow them to do. Rawmeat eating habashis win this one.

Trending