Egypt-Ethiopia dispute over giant Nile dam reaches critical point

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
We'll see sxb. The African Union is headquartered in Addis. Egypt can't touch Ethiopia. All the Madows will rally for them.

I doubt it gets to that point. Egypt has been relying on an old colonial agreement that maintained their Nile water supply. If anything Ethiopia is going to demand money to make the problem go away.
It won't get to that point because it's not needed. Behind the scenes Ethiopia will go back to sucking Egypt dīck. Aabo Egypt will spank his dark son Ethiopia on the futo and tell him he can finish his project. It won't have drastic implications on Egypt. Xaartopia knows Egypt can wipe Xaartopia from map in 1 day. Big lipped Bantus what can they do? What Bantu country can aid Ethiopia in a fight against Egypt which is destined to become one of the top 10 superpowers in the future.

It won't get to that point because it's not needed. Behind the scenes Ethiopia will go back to sucking Egypt dīck. Aabo Egypt will spank his dark son Ethiopia on the futo and tell him he can finish his project. It won't have drastic implications on Egypt. Xaartopia knows Egypt can wipe Xaartopia from map in 1 day. Big lipped Bantus what can they do? What Bantu country can aid Ethiopia in a fight against Egypt which is destined to become one of the top 10 superpowers in the future.
:dead1: :deadpeter::dead:

Typical big mouthed talk. Do you think we built the dam and not fill it at the end? How stupid is that even to think Ethiopia will not fill the dam after investing over $4 billion dollars. It is insane to think or expect Ethiopia not to fill the dam. That is not gonna happen. Egypt was threatening and crying before we started building the dam and after we created reality on the ground now they are only negotiating about the filling dates and when we start filling they will come to their senses, finally.

The old colonial treaty was unfair no question about that. However, Ethiopia was the one that refused to sign the new treaty back in May. Egypt wants the filling of the reservoir to be staggered over up to seven years. if Ethiopia filled the dam over seven years Egypt would only lose 14% in water supply and 18% percent of its farmland. Alternatively, if Ethiopia were to fill the dam in three years(Ethiopia's plan) Egypt's water supply would decrease by 55% and see 70% reduction in its agriculture area. If you still think the 3 years plan is fair than idk what to tell you lmao. Even Sudan who was previously was siding with Ethiopia are now seeing Ethiopian's childless games. And they're demanding Ethiopian to come back to the table.

In the eyes of international law, Ethiopia can not start filling without coming to an agreement with both Egpyt and Sudan. If they do, however, they will get heavily sanctioned at best. Or/and Egpyt will declare war on Ethiopia. In both cases, Ethiopia as it is today will cease to exist. If they dont stop these childish/dangerous games.

I think you are not well informed about the issue here. The May "treaty" was not a treaty at all. The US just told Ethiopia not fill the dam until a final deal on the sharing of water is reached and Ethiopia rejected this "order" and pulled out. Egypt was blocking any treaty other than the colonial treaty for decades and now all of a sudden we should believe Egypt and wait forever until a deal is cut? Egypt's plan is simple if we agree not to fill the dam before a final deal is reached. Egypt will continue to block a new treaty for the coming decades and Ethiopia will be bound to wait until a final deal is reached. We ain't stupid. We go the facts on the ground route and everybody will swallow it and starts to live with it believe me. Sudan is just being pressured by the US, in reality Sudan is with Ethiopia.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I think you are not well informed about the issue here. The May "treaty" was not a treaty at all. The US just told Ethiopia not fill the dam until a final deal on the sharing of water is reached and Ethiopia rejected this "order" and pulled out. Egypt was blocking any treaty other than the colonial treaty for decades and now all of a sudden we should believe Egypt and wait forever until a deal is cut? Egypt's plan is simple if we agree not to fill the dam before a final deal is reached. Egypt will continue to block a new treaty for the coming decades and Ethiopia will be bound to wait until a final deal is reached. We ain't stupid. We go the facts on the ground route and everybody will swallow it and starts to live with it believe me. Sudan is just being pressured by the US, in reality Sudan is with Ethiopia.
do you think now that sudan is politically unstable and is in debt to ethiopia and abiy for saving them from a potential civil war that they will likely back away from ethiopia building a dam this will just leave egypt all alone and without Sudan refusal the dam can be built anyway

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
i don't get what they are ing on about if Ethiopia wants some water then annex either eritrea or djbouti plus the nile has a shitty water quality who wants some mummie parts stuck in their dam

do you think now that sudan is politically unstable and is in debt to ethiopia and abiy for saving them from a potential civil war that they will likely back away from ethiopia building a dam this will just leave egypt all alone and without Sudan refusal the dam can be built anyway
Sudan and Ethiopia have deep cooperation. Just the last two days a high Sudanese delegation was in Ethiopia for a two day meeting with high level Ethiopian delegation. Currently Sudan is just pressured by the US and doing what the US wants but they are not any serious concern for Ethiopia.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Watered down dhegcas and xaarbeshas will smoke each other:lolbron:
We all know Ethiopia will fall into ethnic conflict, it's a ticking bomb:manny:
Amisom looking for a new shithole to to manage after their 2021 deadline.

Ethiopia looking real nice right now.

1589897632058.png

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Egypt the spoiled kid will eventually accept the new reality. It can't get all the waters of the Nile forever and at the same time block any equitable water sharing treaty. They blocked any attempt for a new equitable water sharing agreement for decades now hopping they will always have the colonial ear treaty that will give Egypt and Sudan 90% the waters. Little did they know that we slowly but surely have created new facts on the ground and the starting of the filling of the dam in two months will be another mile stone in creating facts on the ground. This is the only way to force Egypt abandon the unfair colonial treaty and accept a new equitable water sharing agreement which Egypt always blocked. The Ethiopian government is doing well in insisting in starting filling the dam in two months time. Create reality on the ground as fast as possible, that is the only way to throw the obsolete and unfair colonial treaty cancer into history's dustbin.
While I accept the premise that Egypt is hinging it's flimsy argument on a colonial treaty. Why doesn't Ethiopia just allow the ethnic groups it annexed to secede? Ethiopia's current size is the result of colonial machinations as well.

I don't really have a stake in the issue but you're Amhara no? Your empire was a massive net beneficiary of the colonial period. It's a bit rich to see you cry foul, but development anywhere in Africa is great to see.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
While I accept the premise that Egypt is hinging it's flimsy argument on a colonial treaty. Why doesn't Ethiopia just allow the ethnic groups it annexed to secede? Ethiopia's current size is the result of colonial machinations as well. I don't really have a stake in the issue but you're Amhara no? Your empire was a massive net beneficiary of the colonial period
it goes against the current narrative

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Sudan and Ethiopia have deep cooperation. Just the last two days a high Sudanese delegation was in Ethiopia for a two day meeting with high level Ethiopian delegation. Currently Sudan is just pressured by the US and doing what the US wants but they are not any serious concern for Ethiopia.

I can understand Sudan wanting to remain neutral and doesn't want to offend both nations more likely Ethiopia is in an even stronger position to build their dam and Egypt won't do anything other than cry. besides Egypt doesn't border Ethiopia and without Sudan, they won't do anything about the dam

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I don't want to sound pro xabashi, but Egypt had already gone through war 2 with Ethiopia in late 1800s and Ethiopia won twice :lolbron:
That's not war lol that's sending a army to conquer Abyssinia . Plus it was fought on land of current Eritrea. Was it a real all out war. Today Somalia would have Egypt as neighbors.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
It's all Egypt's fault, Ethiopia was planning to build this dam since Mubarak's era, and all Egypt was doing is undermining and lowering the Ethiopians. Mubarak had gone and husaini came, nothing happened, he was overthrown by sisi and this guy was worse than his predecessors and his regime lowered Egypt from the most influential country in Arab world's to this freak, money-begging country that everyone see. And now with Ethiopia polling out from any agreement in these couple of years, no one has any doubt that Ethiopia is intransigencing. But still Sisi's Egypt still acting like a fool, and think that it will have an agreement with Ethiopia very soon. But no Ethiopia is starting to the dam, and Egyptians will only have to pray for the days to come