Education Minister appointed a committee tasked on developing and improving the Somali language.

Bs there's Somali language academy in Djibouti that is tasked on keeping the language and it includes members from Djibouti Somaliland DDS Somalia and NFD

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
You been preserve the variations of dialects. Couldn't understand SNTV when it first came back, now it's more Northern.

Some dialects might not exist soon

Jungle

VIP
I think now they will implement this on a wider scale.
10 on the list is a young graduate with family history in af somaali in government or shirib, gabay on both sides. Shes peoples with some other abgaal cisman on the list also. She called abooto sahra at this age so she must be a old soul:mjlol:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You been preserve the variations of dialects. Couldn't understand SNTV when it first came back, now it's more Northern.

Some dialects might not exist soon
Hopefully that disgusting waqooyi dialect derived from Gabooye will be gone soon, reer Bari accent is the gold standard boowe.

I hope they get rid of the "oo aa ee ii uu" and introduce a different method of writing long uowels , maybe use diacritics .
beside af Soomaali, only Estonian , Finnish use vowel doubling, it's kinda annoying when reading or writing.

Last edited:
Hopefully that disgusting waqooyi dialect derived from Gabooye will be gone soon, reer Bari accent is the gold standard boowe.
I just knew you're a sheegato lol waqooyi dialect is a dialect spoken by most somalis even in DDS and NFD and its the main core of standard somali taught in schools as somali poetry is based waqooy dialect

Som

VIP
I just knew you're a sheegato lol waqooyi dialect is a dialect spoken by most somalis even in DDS and NFD and its the main core of standard somali taught in schools as somali poetry is based waqooy dialect
The so called northern dialects aren't actually northern. It's a bad classification.
Northern dialects according to most classifications are spoken by in somaliland, Djibouti, DDSI ,Central Somalia and by daroods in the south while Benadiri somali(southern accent) is spoken by hawiye and others
But of course people from Hargeysa don't speak with the same accent as people from Gedo and Hawiye in Mudug speak the have basically the same accent as Daroods in Mudug.
When they say standard Somali is northern they mean it's derived from the many varieties spoken from Djibouti to Galgaduud, so they don't mean somaliland.

The so called northern dialects aren't actually northern. It's a bad classification.
Northern dialects according to most classifications are spoken by in somaliland, Djibouti, DDSI ,Central Somalia and by daroods in the south while Benadiri somali(southern accent) is spoken by hawiye and others
But of course people from Hargeysa don't speak with the same accent as people from Gedo and Hawiye in Mudug speak the have basically the same accent as Daroods in Mudug.
When they say standard Somali is northern they mean it's derived from the many varieties spoken from Djibouti to Galgaduud, so they don't mean somaliland.
Yes I know that I didn't mean Somaliland but thanks for the clarification

Waqooyi dialect is not spoken in Galbeed you nacas except in the northern parts of Hawd. Hell even in Hawd it's a mix between galbeed/waqooyi since alot of reer hawd run to Jigjiga for jobs.

Reer Djibouti accent is not the same as reer Waqooyi as well, reer Awdal speak a mix of Waqooyi and reer Djibouti.

How am i shegaato langaabyahow kkkk