Educating Somalis: The Adal War has nothing to do with Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Factz how is it a historical fact when there was no Somalia statehood or the concept of it at that time. How then is it considered Ethiopia vs SomalIA while the current proper Somalia has nothing to do with it. It looks for me that the leaders of the greater Somalia misused the Adal war and brain washed Somalis to hate and fight Ethiopia.

@Factz how is it a historical fact when there was no Somalia statehood or the concept of it at that time. How then is it considered Ethiopia vs SomalIA while the current proper Somalia has nothing to do with it. It looks for me that the leaders of the greater Somalia misused the Adal war and brain washed Somalis to hate and fight Ethiopia.

Yo sis he is probably breaking his fast . Let him fill his calool :mjlol:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP

My God you're autistic and stupid! Ethiopia was founded in the 19th century you dumbass!

Somalia and their territory has history so does Ethiopia and historically these countries had Kingdoms that fought each other and that is a historical fact. Use your brain cells!

Again, Somalis in 1977 was pushing for Greater Somalia ideology. Never heard of this Adal bullshit, it was probably made up by your people just to make us look crazy.

@Factz no you are the one that need to use your brain you jackass (i have to insult you because you started it). The Adal kingdom was not claiming to be a Somali State but an islamic State incorporating many different ethnic groups. It is not based on Somaliness. The same way the Abysinian state is somehow different from the current Ethiopia. That is exactly my point. The current States are based on something else and their beef is also a very different one. That is why the Abysinian-Adal war and the Ethiopia-Somalia war are very different and not a continuation of the same ideology or state.
Make you crazy :)? You guys are crazy af, no one need to make you crazy.:)

You can't actually be this retarded? It doesn't matter that modern nation states didn't exist it was the Somali people and Somalia is named after them.

This is probably a Somali troll, "italian somalia" lol.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Factz no you are the one that need to use your brain you jackass (i have to insult you because you started it). The Adal kingdom was not claiming to be a Somali State but an islamic State incorporating many different ethnic groups. It is not based on Somaliness. The same way the Abysinian state is somehow different from the current Ethiopia. That is exactly my point. The current States are based on something else and their beef is also a very different one. That is why the Abysinian-Adal war and the Ethiopia-Somalia war are very different and not a continuation of the same ideology or state.

you're retarded, don't quote me again!

Who said today states are the same as the past? I said Ethiopia and Somalia history of fighting dates in the medieval times.

giphy.gif

200.gif

@embarassing dude states and ideologies that they are based on and the people that they incorporate change. And every state should be viewed in a historical context. Are you saying Djibuti was waging war against Ethiopia in 1977 just because it is a Somali state? Was the Somali vs Ethiopia war also a Djibouti vs Ethiopia war just because the state is lead by Somalis? Having Somali ethnic people in a state or even lead by a somali ethnic group doesn't define a State. That is my point. Just as Djibouti has nothing to do with the 1977 Ethio-Somalia war, the same way the proper Somalia had nothing to with the Adal war.

@embarassing dude states and ideologies that they are based on and the people that they incorporate change. And every state should be viewed in a historical context. Are you saying Djibuti was waging war against Ethiopia in 1977 just because it is a Somali state? Was the Somali vs Ethiopia war also a Djibouti vs Ethiopia war just because the state is lead by Somalis? Having Somali ethnic people in a state or even lead by a somali ethnic group doesn't define a State. That is my point.

The issues with the habeshis isnt limited to Adal wars but, the issues have been ongoing since then and in modern times it's mainly the occupation of Ogadenia.

lol the hate isn't just based on the Adal wars, how delusional.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
You can't actually be this retarded? It doesn't matter that modern nation states didn't exist it was the Somali people and Somalia is named after them.

This is probably a Somali troll, "italian somalia" lol.

Yup. First clue is the name Xabashi with an X kkk.

How would a "habesha" know the letter H corresponds to X in Somali :ftw9nwa:

Ethiopia and Somalia wars do date back to Abyssinian and Adal times. That's a historical fact but 1977 war was about Greater Somalia ideology not Ummah ideology because if it was then we'd annex Afar region and Muslim Oromo regions so you're not making any sense.

The 77 war was for a greater Somalia, agreed but Sayid was also greedy and wanted to annex the Muslim Oromos as well. This is why the Somali Abow Liberation front was created. It was a movement of Oromos organized and financed by the Somali government to annex Bale, Arsi and Hararge with the Ogaden.

A lot of eastern Oromos were called Somali Abow then in Somalia and Ethiopia.

Now back to the Adal sultanate, it definitely had other ethnicities not only Somalis.

The Harari, Harla, Argobba Afar etc were all part of it. But that doesn’t mean anyone is taking this part of history from the Somali.

The prominent clans then were the Dir and some Darood clans.

Ethiopia had the Yajju dynasty rule the country. As an Oromo I can be proud of it because they are Oromo. But I can’t claim it my history because I’m not from that clan... Get what habeshi is trying to say?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The 77 war was for a greater Somalia, agreed but Sayid was also greedy and wanted to annex the Muslim Oromos as well. This is why the Somali Abow Liberation front was created. It was a movement of Oromos organized and financed by the Somali government to annex Bale, Arsi and Hararge with the Ogaden.

A lot of eastern Oromos were called Somali Abow then in Somalia and Ethiopia.

Now back to the Adal sultanate, it definitely had other ethnicities not only Somalis.

The Harari, Harla, Argobba Afar etc were all part of it. But that doesn’t mean anyone is taking this part of history from the Somali.

The prominent clans then were the Dir and some Darood clans.

Ethiopia had the Yajju dynasty rule the country. As an Oromo I can be proud of it because they are Oromo. But I can’t claim it my history because I’m not from that clan... Get what habeshi is trying to say?

Harla are Harari and Argobba had nothing to do with Adal Sultanate. They are from central Ethiopia (Shewa) and yes, the prominent ones of Adal Sultanate were Dir, Isaaq and Darood.

Also, Siad Barre wanted to colonize Ethiopia to make history then take back the Somali region including Harar. That's all.

Again, I was trying to tell her that Somalia and Ethiopia history had kingdoms that fought each other and that's a historical fact. I didn't say it had something to do with 1977 because it didn't. That was Greater Somalia ideology.

Harla are Harari and Argobba had nothing to do with Adal Sultanate. They are from central Ethiopia (Shewa) and yes, the prominent ones of Adal Sultanate were Dir, Isaaq and Darood.

Also, Siad Barre wanted to colonize Ethiopia to make history then take back the Somali region including Harar. That's all.

Again, I was trying to tell her that Somalia and Ethiopia history had kingdoms that fought each other and that's a historical fact. I didn't say it had something to do with 1977 because it didn't. That was Greater Somalia ideology.

Agreed, my first time seeing the comparison of the 2 events. But you never know, there’s always a random dude on the net talking smack from time to time.

Tell the Harari, they were not part of the Adal sultanate. They were definitely a part of it, so were the other ethnicities. Argobbas lived and still live in western Hararge. Harla have become Oromo, Somali and Harari today.

I think the topic about Harar is long dead and done. The surrounding is all Oromo today and the city itself is its own region. No one will allow it to join the Somalis unless all the eastern Muslim Oromos accept to join with the Somali.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Agreed, my first time seeing the comparison of the 2 events. But you never know, there’s always a random dude on the net talking smack from time to time.

Tell the Harari, they were not part of the Adal sultanate. They were definitely a part of it, so were the other ethnicities. Argobbas lived and still live in western Hararge. Harla have become Oromo, Somali and Harari today.

I think the topic about Harar is long dead and done. The surrounding is all Oromo today and the city itself is its own region. No one will allow it to join the Somalis unless all the eastern Muslim Oromos accept to join with the Somali.

I'm sorry but Somalis never assimilated Hararis. In fact, Hararis were allies of Somalis since they shared a kingdom together. The Somalis historically dominated Hararghe until the Oromo expansion were many Somali clans were absorbed by Afran Qallo (Oromos) after the weakening of Adal Sultanate and they were mainly Dir sub-clans.

When Siad Barre wanted to annex Hararghe, the Afran Qallo accepted the Somali identity because they knew if they joined Greater Somalia. They would've reach a greater height.

I'm sorry but Somalis never assimilated Hararis. In fact, Hararis were allies of Somalis since they shared a kingdom together. The Somalis historically dominated Hararghe until the Oromo expansion were many Somali clans were absorbed by Afran Qallo (Oromos) after the weakening of Adal Sultanate and they were mainly Dir sub-clans.

When Siad Barre wanted to annex Hararghe, the Afran Qallo accepted the Somali identity because they knew if they joined Greater Somalia. They would've reach a greater height.

I said Harla. They are today assimilated into Somali clans.

We did not accept the Somali identity. It was the Jarso - a sub subsub clan of AQ who did. And Some Arsi the mixed with the Ogdeen in Bale, a clan called Rayyittu. These are small clans, not the entire clan accepted this identity, it was forced. It had a bigger picture to assimilate those of us the border of you.

VIP
Adal Sultanate is most definitely part of Dir history.

The Dir clan is one of the oldest clans in the Horn of Africa and the oldest clan among the Somalis.[5] According to Somali history, two of the oldest monarchies in the region, the Ifat and Adal Sultanates, were dominated by Dir.[6]

The early Adal Kingdom (9th century to 13th century) was an exclusive Dir Kingdom with its capital being Zeila.[7] In the 10th century, the Jarso clan a sub-division of Dir established the Dawaro Sultanate centred in Hararghe Highlands.

The Dir-Madaxweyne Akisho, along with the Gurgura, Issa and Gadabuursi subclans of the Dir represent the most native and indigenous Somali tribes in Harar.[8] [9] [10]

sources : https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Dir (clan)

5.Ethnographic Survey of Africa, Volume 5, Issue 1. International African Institute. 1969. p. 17. Retrieved 15 February 2018
6.Futūḥ al-Ḥabasha. (n.d.). Christian-Muslim Relations 1500 - 1900. doi:10.1163/2451-9537_cmrii_com_26077
7.Encyclopedia Americana, Volume 25. Americana Corporation. 1965. p. 255.

DIR POWER :vncu2n5:

:banderas:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I said Harla. They are today assimilated into Somali clans.

We did not accept the Somali identity. It was the Jarso - a sub subsub clan of AQ who did. And Some Arsi the mixed with the Ogdeen in Bale, a clan called Rayyittu. These are small clans, not the entire clan accepted this identity, it was forced. It had a bigger picture to assimilate those of us the border of you.

Harla are Harari you fool. Jarso were originally Dir and they have T1a haplogroup and a Jarso user in this forum said his clan will re-claim the Somali Dir identity back and he said he was a proud Somali.

Many clans in Hararghe that were sub-clans of Dir were forced to be assimilated. Stop denying the Oromo expansion against Somalis when Adal Sultanate was weakened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending