EDITED YET AGAIN! My new YOUTUBE travel vlog channel. After receiving several ideas I have edited. Take a look at it again (I’m in there)

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Adeer, I am very glad that the legend himself mentioned me in a post.

But then realised you tagged everyone and their dog before me..... smh.

Anyways, I will give it watch iA and I will respond back with my thoughts.

:samwelcome:

:ohdamn: I should have mentioned you separately.
I can’t wait to see the critique :ohhhdamn:

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
The song choice was all wrong. It made it hard to watch :damnmusic:. Change it to something softer or more upbeat.

I'd suggest Nuur Caraale Istaahil.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
:ohdamn: I should have mentioned you separately.
I can’t wait to see the critique :ohhhdamn:

Honestly, in terms of the content, it is very good. At various points, I was thinking if you were going to this shot or that shot but you ended up doing it.

I would suggest probably two things, fit in yourself a bit more into your vlogs after all the viewer wants to see you interacting with the Hargeisa environment. Secondly, I would suggest stabilising your video more, in that you seem to move the camera a bit too quickly and the shots can be a bit shaky, not that big of a problem tho.

To fix the stabilising problem, an easy way is to just cut to a different angle instead of physically moving your camera. Instead of turning around with your camera, cut out the turn.

Apart from those two minor things, very good vlog. Also, I am by no means extremely acquainted with this so I may be giving you horrible advice but advice nonetheless.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Honestly, in terms of the content, it is very good. At various points, I was thinking if you were going to this shot or that shot but you ended up doing it.

I would suggest probably two things, fit in yourself a bit more into your vlogs after all the viewer wants to see you interacting with the Hargeisa environment. Secondly, I would suggest stabilising your video more, in that you seem to move the camera a bit too quickly and the shots can be a bit shaky, not that big of a problem tho.

To fix the stabilising problem, an easy way is to just cut to a different angle instead of physically moving your camera. Instead of turning around with your camera, cut out the turn.

Apart from those two minor things, very good vlog. Also, I am by no means extremely acquainted with this so I may be giving you horrible advice but advice nonetheless.

:friendhug::friendhug: You’ve addressed something I was pondering about, what to do with the video when I’m making a horrible turn. Now I know. Just cut that part out.
Im also currently struggling with how to smoothly transition the video clip to the next scene. I am working on it.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
The song choice was all wrong. It made it hard to watch :damnmusic:. Change it to something softer or more upbeat.

I'd suggest Nuur Caraale Istaahil.

I do appreciate your suggestion. I will look into it.

I do know that I can’t use Western music because they will come after me for copyright violations.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
nice leopard print mask:)

giphy.gif

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I never watch a travel vlog with music. It should be natural sounds otherwise what's the point, I can't even tell what it's like there.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I never watch a travel vlog with music. It should be natural sounds otherwise what's the point, I can't even tell what it's like there.

what do you mean natural sounds ?

I’m willing to further fix it

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
@Grigori Rasputin only thing I have to say is change the font and the background for the beginning card, more formal and add a transition into you. Makes it a tad formal and proper

Nothing else from my side

Apollo

VIP
@Grigori Rasputin

Use those time stamps, so people can scroll to segments within the video. My two cents.

More and more YouTubers are using it. People are lazy these days and don't want to watch full videos but go straight to a certain segment of a video.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@Grigori Rasputin

Use those time stamps, so people can scroll to segments within the video. My two cents.

More and more YouTubers are using it. People are lazy these days and don't want to watch full videos but go straight to a certain segment of a video.

but otherwise what’s your take

Also, Buy 4k camera waryaa and a drone , if you can lol.

This geeljire here is a good vlogger, his videos are very popular you should watch it and learn something from him :samwelcome:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Also, Buy 4k camera waryaa and a drone , if you can lol.

This geeljire here is a good vlogger, his videos are very popular you should watch it and learn something from him :samwelcome:

I’d hate to carry a camera around. I rather use my phone. Maybe I’ll upgrade to 12