Economical turmoil in Puntland continues (Protests in Qardho) All shops closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Osman what we are talking about is that any manipulation of the currency in circulation by printing large amount of notes by anyone whether it is businessmen with state officials in the case of Puntland or businessmen and gangs will cause suffering and inflation even the slightest.

Does the rest of Somalia share the plight of Puntland people?

No is the answer.

Why?

Because in the rest of Somalia new currency is not printed to pay the salaries of thousands unlike Puntland.

Any truthful observer acknowledges it.

Has Puntland been here before (economical turmoil and crisis)?

The answer is Yes in 2007 and 2008.

Why?

The then governnent said it was propping up the TFG in southern Somalia as a Puntlander (Abdullahi Yusuf) was the President.

Because the TFG did not have enough resources and income, Puntlands revenue from ports, airports and taxes were diverted to prop up the TFG.

Puntland was sucked dry and there was no money to pay to law enforcement and other employees.

This resulted in daily mutinies and capturing of the State Bank in the capital Garowe. Adde Muse's government started printing money that caused economical meltdown in Puntland. In that period Lasanod switched hands to Somaliland. Puntland was broken.

The money printing got out of hand they were printing more and more and the criminals behind got filthy rich as it was unregulated and unsupervised. Inflation sky rocketed everyone was in shock.

So what happened is religious figures located the money printing houses by looking for them street by street they at the end pursuaded the businessmen owing the machine to sell it and have mercy on the population which they heeded.

Puntland recovered.

Fastforward after disastarious economic policies and mismanagenent by corrupt Gaas in 2014 and 2015 Puntland returned to its economic dark years of 2007/08.

There were mutinies and strikes by government employees so Gaas brought back the money printing machine. This has caused inflation and weekly protests in Puntland and closure of shops.

I still do not know why Abdiwali Gaas has not been rewarded with the Nobel Prize in Economics yet. He has been doing so great in that regard.

2015nobelinecon (1).jpg
21230946_10213217016875730_803389911563982158_n.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I still do not know why Abdiwali Gaas has not been rewarded with the Nobel Prize in Economics yet. He has been doing so great in that regard.

View attachment 29445 View attachment 29446

Can you demonstrate how a bigger supply of notes is going to crash an economy? I would like to hear that!!! I can understand the west because they set interest rates which determines if people will borrow or not. If interest rates are low, more borrowing will happen because customers see good deals to over-look because they can pay pack their loans quicker and own assets. But if interest rate is high, borrowing money isn't possible because it will take longer to pay your loan. It's interest rates that control the economic activitiy in the west. Can you tell me where PL sets interest rates? It can't because it doesn't provide loans to banks which then passes onto the consumer in terms of loans n interests. It doesn't have this enforcing power over the economy as you think!!! The market adjusts itself based on purchasing power of people!!!

The ppl can store that extra bundle of cash in warehouses and that cash regardless how much it is will have the same value in the market place as long as the honor system is maintained by the people. It is when they don't honor the notes is when it loses value in somali economy not how big the supply of the notes are. Unless you can demonstrate to me how a high supply of notes cause inflation in somali economy, I would be interested. I could be wrong but please demonstrate it because I can't see how. I can store that all that printed mony into warehouses and take out as much as like, as long it's honored that's all that matter. I also demonstrated they set exchange rates not based on the circulation of currency but on the purchasing power which makes more sense!!!! I say this mainly because heaps of warlords were printing currency in somalia back in the 90s, nothing like this ever occurred. Only possible answer is the 'honor' system was maintained which is why the 'supply' of notes caused no issues.

When Mamo Ruqiyo Hashi Warsame (who is mad) makes more economic sense than a Harvard educated Professor of Economics Abdiwali Gaas.

Video is from yesterday where she talks about the economic crisis. She eloquently recites a poem about how the government revenue is big and taken in big sacks and locked away (stolen) and how it has no blessing, hidden from the poor, the soldiers not getting anything and employees are crying.

She says new people are needed to build the country as the current leaders are failures.

'When the farm soil becomes hard/bad you need to take the old soil out and put new soil for it to become fertile again.' Mamo Ruqiyo September 2017

In the span of five weeks, three journalists were arrested in Puntland and Somaliland. The arbitrary arrests were made in response to the journalists' investigative and critical reporting of the government and its officials' actions.

Journalist and founder of Puntlandone.com Ahmed Ali Kilwe was arrested by security forces in Garowe, the administrative capital of Puntland, on 2nd July 2017. His arrest is connected to a Facebook post he wrote on 23rd June, criticising the president of Puntland, Abdiweli Mohamed Ali, and his use of public funds. According to the Media Association of Puntland, who spoke with officials, counter terrorism police arrested Ali Kilwe by order of the president for allegedly "posting articles impertinent to the Puntland President". Ali Kilwe was later released on 16th July.

DG5SDPdXcAEVG1l.jpg

On 6th August 2017 Omar Saeed Mohammed, a journalist for the news website Horseed Media and the privately-owned Somali Cable TV channel, was arrested by security forces in Garowe. He was held incommunicado until his release on bail on 12th August 2017.The police refused to give the grounds for the arrest, but staff at Horseed Media, believe the arrest might be linked to a Facebook post Omar wrote on the alleged involvement of the Puntland president in a counterfeit money-printing scam.

On 6th August 2017 Omar Saeed Mohammed, a journalist for the news website Horseed Media and the privately-owned Somali Cable TV channel, was arrested by security forces in Garowe. He was held incommunicado until his release on bail on 12th August 2017.The police refused to give the grounds for the arrest, but staff at Horseed Media, believe the arrest might be linked to a Facebook post Omar wrote on the alleged involvement of the Puntland president in a counterfeit money-printing scam.

DG5SDPdXcAEVG1l.jpg

Omar and his Horseednedia were staunch supporters of Abdiwali Gaas. They should know as Horseed were his biggest supporters before becoming leader and after. They are also spokes outlet for his biggest support base (Qardho subclan) and is their son in law as he is married to one of their daughters. For them to outline his corruption is a huge blow and shows that the dam of corruption has broken and everything is flowing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.