Eastleigh hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
Ranging from four stars, hotels in Eastleigh are excellent quality, secure and have the desired technology expected in quality hotels.

See i noticed how Somalis in Eastleigh/Nairobi are trying hard with their (resturants & hotels) to target wealthy clientele to sleep and dine at their businesses. I guess this market shift is really good for the local economy and can bring in alot more tourism/business stops and revenue to the area.

Hubble

VIP
Land and property prices in Eastleigh are now higher than the upper middle class suburbs areas. If the government just fixed the roads, cleaned the rubbish these businesses would be 5* because locals would receive more business. Somali cuisine and pride in hospitality in our culture is the key to success.

Land and property prices in Eastleigh are now higher than the upper middle class suburbs areas. If the government just fixed the roads, cleaned the rubbish these businesses would be 5* because locals would receive more business. Somali cuisine and pride in hospitality in our culture is the key to success.

Somali MPs have long lobbied for it and MP Yusuf Hassan finally did it. They have actually built several roads already and some are in construction.

Hubble

VIP
Looking good! This is great news for all Kenyans, it's a good investment for the government and local businesses will get trade from a broader range of clientele. Eastleigh is going to blow up!

Looking good! This is great news for all Kenyans, it's a good investment for the government and local businesses will get trade from a broader range of clientele. Eastleigh is going to blow up!

Lets hope so, i heard from relatives that business really took a hit during the security crackdown due to alshabaab.

Hubble

VIP
Lets hope so, i heard from relatives that business really took a hit during the security crackdown due to alshabaab.

Travel warnings, extrajudicial killings, enforced disappearances, police raids, xenophobic attacks, closing of money transfers. The place was shut down. It will take a while to recover but Somalis are hard working they'll never stay at home bc of slow business and Nairobi's working class depends on them so there will always be business in Eastleigh. There's a wide range of services on offer like spare parts and more investment will come in with improved infrastructure.

Hubble

VIP
If only we could move these businesses to Somalia tho

:angryman:

I know, right!? It's annoying af but once the country stabilises we'll have much more. Our problem is that while Ethiopia and Kenya are happy to have one main/capital city, we're not. We have a lot but it's spaced out across the country.

Apollo

VIP
Nairobi has the best climate. Nice and temperate.

I wish Somalia had highland cities like Kenya does. I can't stand tropical (+30C) temperatures.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I know, right!? It's annoying af but once the country stabilises we'll have much more. Our problem is that while Ethiopia and Kenya are happy to have one main/capital city, we're not. We have a lot but it's spaced out across the country.

I remember reading somewhere that Eastleigh generates $2 billion a year, Kenya's GDP is $40 billion.

Imagine what that would do in Somalia where the GDP is only $5 billion.

cooliocooliocoolio

Man o man with our business acumen huge diaspora and the right institutions we could easily have a Somali miracle and transform our country in a generation and that's without the untapped massive resources

But we busy fightin over scraps like charcoal that's destroyin our environment

Hubble

VIP
It brings in more if you include trade in Kenyan shillings.

Somalia will have a massive turn around if an honest government comes in. It's puss easy to make money these days. The Chinese are slowing their manufacturing down as they get more skilled and ambitious so taking over the industries they leave behind will make us a lot richer. The problem is that we have uneducated people in power who think burning trees down for charcoal is better than making furniture or matchsticks :hova:

Apollo

VIP
Many of these Kenyan born Somalis are hopelessly Kenyanized culturally and speak better Swahili than Somali. I wouldn't bet on them returning to Somalia even if the economy picked up there.

Hubble

VIP
Many of these Kenyan born Somalis are hopelessly Kenyanized culturally and speak better Swahili than Somali. I wouldn't bet on them returning to Somalia even if the economy picked up there.

Who said they would? We're just talking about potential and making comparisons.

i doubt it. Alot of them are getting itchy fingers at the possibillity of investing in Somalia. There are already many Suju businesses opened up in mogadishu one example is Takaful Insurance of Africa. They see it as a business oppurtunity tbh.

Eastleigh is not only comprimised of native Somalis but also qaxooti entrepeneurs.

You can also expect many wealthy Somali entrepeneurs from Dubai also returning to invest.

We have some work in the pipeline in Somalia as well [and are] waiting for the country’s situation to stabilise.
http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/engineering-design-firm-wants-to-bring-dubai-to-africa/

He and many others will come eventually.:eating:

Apollo

VIP
The UAE doesn't give citizenship to Somalis, even the ones who have been there for decades. So it's not that surprising that some are returning from the Emirates. As for those Sujus.. I am not so sure.

The UAE doesn't give citizenship to Somalis, even the ones who have been there for decades. So it's not that surprising that some are returning from the Emirates. As for those Sujus.. I am not so sure.

Its not about returning its about investments and branching out your company. Sujus have already opened up Takaful insurance in Mogadishu the first insurance company over 20 years. I am pretty sure they will invest in Somalia or else they are missing out on oppurtunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending