East Hararghe zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
You really won’t see any Oromos from other regions in east Hararge. Most Oromos migrate to 2 locations for work, Adama(Nazreth) and Finfinne.

Yeah we don’t mix with others at all. The only people we mix with are the Somalis who live in this region as well.

I even saw Oromos in Puntland and Central Somalia. Hence, I was skeptical when writing that post. I thought you guys like to move around. :siilaanyolaugh:

Are there any other Somali clans that are Oromo today that you know of? Are Akisho the only Dir or are there others? You mentioned once about some singers who actually belong to major Somali clans but are Oromo? Is this very common?

Yeah a few.

Abdi Buuh is Issa

Yonis Abdullahi is Gadabursi

Shantam Shubissa and many others are Gurgura

I even saw Oromos in Puntland and Central Somalia. Hence, I was skeptical when writing that post. I thought you guys like to move around. :siilaanyolaugh:

Oromos are mostly settled farmers. If they move anywhere, it would be another plot of land within the clan territory. You won’t see Boranas anywhere besides Borana. AQ sometimes move to wast Hararge and the Akichu live there in large numbers but you get the picture. They stay were they are.

Only 2 clans are nomads today. The Borana and Karrayyu. Which usually stay in their regions.

Oromos lived in Somalia in big numbers back in the 70s and 80s. Not much stayed afterwards.

My parents lived there for 20 years.

Oromos are mostly settled farmers. If they move anywhere, it would be another plot of land within the clan territory. You won’t see Boranas anywhere besides Borana. AQ sometimes move to wast Hararge and the Akichu live there in large numbers but you get the picture. They stay were they are.

Only 2 clans are nomads today. The Borana and Karrayyu. Which usually stay in their regions.

Oromos lived in Somalia in big numbers back in the 70s and 80s. Not much stayed afterwards.

My parents lived there for 20 years.

@AfranQallo

Do Oromo have the same clan/tribal concept as Somalis where they do abtirsi with paternal lineages etc or are they confedeations of people who came together?

Apollo

VIP
@AfranQallo

Do Oromo have the same clan/tribal concept as Somalis where they do abtirsi with paternal lineages etc or are they confedeations of people who came together?

From the studies I have seen, only Sahos seem to be paternally segmented like Somalis. Oromos don't seem to be as Y-bottlenecked.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
How old are the Oromo clans in your region? Somali clans can be up to a thousand years old.

Oromos arrived into that area around the 16th century.

qK7EbIR.png

The reason why they are able to expand in the first place is because Adal Sultanate was heavily weakened so Oromos took advantage.

vjOnorG.png

What was he saying? I assume its similar to what he said in Somali.

He’s pretty much saying the people in this area know eachother well. The Noole, Jarso and Ala know Hawiye and how they dominate Babille etc. He was speaking in oromo to advise us to stop all tension in our side of the fence. He said we are brother, neighbors and mix with one another. Stop all tension. Same with the light skin lady later in the clip. I agree with it all. There should have never been any conflict with the bordering or overall Somali population.

Long story short the people who live there identify as both Somali and Oromo, but the Oromo identity is more politically advantageous and the Somali region is dominated by their clan enemies.

Bale zone is the same story.

Long story short the people who live there identify as both Somali and Oromo, but the Oromo identity is more politically advantageous and the Somali region is dominated by their clan enemies.

Bale zone is the same story.

What Somali clans live in Bale Zone?

When and how did it become Oromo? Especially considering it is surrounded by Somali zones in three out of four directions. Is looks geographically off.

948px-Map_of_zones_of_Ethiopia.svg.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i heard in 2004,

in 2004, out of hate for Ogaden/Absame, about 240 villages, tuulos voted to be part of oromia region, they were karanley, akisho, jaarso, gurgure, all yaryar who are some days dir and some days oromo depending how they feel,

we warned them, we said caghdeer is better for you, we will do dhaanto and speak the same langauge and do peotry slams, they left out of cuqdad, today they have been massacred and reduced,

the oromo plays smart, he marries form them or gives them a wife, they move in and say we are in laws then claim the land,

but Ogaden told them do not marry them or move your counties in with them,

somalis are their own worst enemies, today oromo has wiped out the 1doors, dir etcs in that area an dir i mean by akisho, jaarso, and hawiye karanley

they refuse to listen so what can we say,

so it began in 2004, they voted wiht their feets because of worries about Ogaden domination,

which is weird because oromo waa like 35-40 million and speak a foreign language

this is why ciise works with us today because they learned the hard way, you need to be racist and avoid ajanabi to protected your land, deen and langaue, the oromo has wiped out those who helped them,

there are only two groups in east africa who keep an eye on oromo, Ogadena dn ahmaar, becasue for centuries they tried to invade us and we battled them, during their agressive expansion between 1500-1750s

oromo has attacked and massacred ahmaar, canfaar, sidama, dir, jaarso, 1door, karanely, gedeo people etc in the last 20 odd years, waa bantu mentality,

this is why cabdi iley spent years massacring oromo, because he is Ogaden, he knows their true nature, waa savages who only fear the bullets otherwise they will claim yuor land,

so anyways in 2004 they voted out against our adivse, no they regrett, cabdi iley took the sultan of karanley in feb 2018 to hopsital in jigjiga after he rescued him, his daughter was raped, the very same people they refised to listen in 2004, we said do not leave, karanley was massacred in their own land they voted to join east harareghe, against our own advise,

in a way i am glad, a little, real politik, it means les somalis to contest with in Ogadeniyas elections

the oromo is like a south africa, no cuklture, give him 100$ and he will sell his own deen, haile selaies mum and dad were both muslim oromo who sold their deen

little imaan, this is why ahmaar and Ogaden always keep them at a distance, waa wild

What Somali clans live in Bale Zone?

i dont think james knows what he is talking about,

bale region is divded between boran on the oromo side and mohamed zubeer on the imay side and little bit of afdheer wwhich is cawlyahan, the western shbeele/godey waa aslo reer cabdulle,

the boran side is pure borana and they dont share it with anyone, a little bit also touches libaan south the libaan side boran goes to war with dagodia and garre

but bale doesnt exist bare say, you can say bale is like the east European steppes shared between russia and ukraine, or waamo shared between jidwaq and Mohamed zubeer a historical regions rather than a region that exist as "bale"

and to be exat absame and boran shares the mountain bale mountains rather than a gobal called bale we all live in, which is not the case,

bale region is divded between boran on the oromo side and mohamed zubeer on the imay side and little bit of afdheer wwhich is cawlyahan, the western shbeele/godey waa aslo reer cabdulle,

the boran side is pure borana and they dont share it with anyone, a little bit also touches libaan south the libaan side boran goes to war with dagodia and garre

but bale doesnt exist bare say, you can say bale is like the east European steppes shared between russia and ukraine, or waamo shared between jidwaq and Mohamed zubeer a historical regions rather than a region that exist as "bale"

and to be exat absame and boran shares the mountain bale mountains rather than a gobal called bale we all live in, which is not the case,

Yeah that's a really good description of Bale

Bale is actually populated by the Arsi Oromos, not Borans. The Gurre, Garre and some Hawiya also live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending