East African countries move to ban skin-bleaching products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark2Light_SSBphoto.jpg
East African countries moved a step closer to approving a ban on skin-bleaching products.

The East African Legislative Assembly passed a resolution this month to ban the manufacture and importation of soaps, cosmetics and beauty products containing hydroquinone, an ingredient often used in skin bleaching.

South Sudanese lawmaker Gideon Gatpan, who wrote the resolution, said hydroquinone can lead to skin cancer.

Gatpan said the resolution is intended to promote the beauty of natural, black skin and to protect people from the dangerous side effects of using products and soaps containing hydroquinone.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Dark2Light_SSBphoto.jpg
East African countries moved a step closer to approving a ban on skin-bleaching products.

The East African Legislative Assembly passed a resolution this month to ban the manufacture and importation of soaps, cosmetics and beauty products containing hydroquinone, an ingredient often used in skin bleaching.

South Sudanese lawmaker Gideon Gatpan, who wrote the resolution, said hydroquinone can lead to skin cancer.

Gatpan said the resolution is intended to promote the beauty of natural, black skin and to protect people from the dangerous side effects of using products and soaps containing hydroquinone.

For some reason the bleached photo has my sympathy or I like her more. The black one, I just see as a generic black person who can survive in the jungle. The white one, looks like an Arial butterfly heroine who needs rescuing. :)

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
For some reason the bleached photo has my sympathy or I like her more. The black one, I just see as a generic black person who can survive in the jungle. The white one, looks like an Arial butterfly heroine who needs rescuing. :)
5560.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending