Dubai police start training on flying hover-bikes. This tech could make a big difference in Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/dubai-police-start-training-on-actual-flying-hover-bikes
dubai-police-copy.png

Dubai’s police force has apparently started training its officers how to pilot a new flying motorbike, an initiative from the Russian-owned California-based Hoversurf first unveiled at last year’s GITEX convention in the United Arab Emirates.

The vehicles are expected to be in action in just over a year’s time, coinciding with Expo 2020 – the ‘festival of human ingenuity’ – which Dubai won the right to host.

Each S3 2019 hoverbike costs $150,000, though Hoversurf has gifted Dubai police its first example to allow training to begin and to help get the promotional ball rolling. The two parties signed a partnership agreement in late 2017.
Based on a prototype previously made from aluminium, the body of the ‘electric vertical take-off and landing bike (EVTOL)’ is a one-piece carbon-fibre composite, which both reduces the weight and adds structural rigidity. The new curb weight – now just 114 kg (253 lb) – means Hoversurf has been able to install a ‘more capacious battery’ discharging 12.3 kWh as part of the S3 2019’s hybrid powertrain.
This also allows the drone, restricted by law to a 96 km/h top speed (52 knots) and an altitude of 16 ft (5 metres), to fly for up to 40 minutes on what the company calls ‘drone mode’ (this drops to anywhere between 10 and 25 minutes when the pilot alights).

Also newly developed are the three-blade propellers, each of which is said to be 10 per cent quieter than the previous twin-blade design and smaller in diameter by 5 cm. Power comes from the as-of-yet unspecified ‘new engines,’ which provide 33 kW of power apiece (around 45 hp), while total thrust is said to be 364 kg (802 lbs).

Bear in mind this is not the first time Dubai police has thought big when it comes to promotion. Its ‘Supercar Fleet,’ purely promotional, already boasts a Bugatti Veyron, an Aston Martin One-77, a Lamborghini Aventador and a BMW i8 among others. Until recently, Dubai police also held the Guinness World Record for the largest ever synchronized car dance, an accolade only overhauled last month by the Nissan Patrol.
image1-1507901533.gif

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The technology is in its infancy and still very expensive but the possibilities are exciting.

With hover vehicles, Somalia's lack of roads is no longer an issue. In fact, if everyone uses hover vehicles, we won't need roads at all. In a country as large and sparsely populated as ours, that would be huge.

Imagine riding through the open baadiyo going wherever you wanted. You would be able to drive between villages and towns in a straight line instead of riding for hours to reach the main roads and taking the long way around.

Again this technology is still far away but I hope to see it in Somalia before I die.

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
The technology is in its infancy and still very expensive but the possibilities are exciting.

With hover vehicles, Somalia's lack of roads is no longer an issue. In fact, if everyone uses hover vehicles, we won't need roads at all. In a country as large and sparsely populated as ours, that would be huge.

Imagine riding through the open baadiyo going wherever you wanted. You would be able to drive between villages and towns in a straight line instead of riding for hours to reach the main roads and taking the long way around.

Again this technology is still far away but I hope to see it in Somalia before I die.
Imagine seeing odeyaalls with macwiis using the hover cars as camel replacements. I think its possible in the near future especially due to the vast distances between our major cities

I get it, just fly into your target and decapitate them with the blades of the hover bike :obama: these dune coons and their ingenuity
I magine this in saudi arabia. These niggas already struggled to take down a drone...imagine assassins on these coming for MBS.

:damn:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Knowing Somalis a certain folk will use to explode themselves:jaynerd:

Look at the brightside, no more isbaaro:rejoice:

Oh wait..:stevej:

That's cute, you think a country struggling for basic stability and resources can afford to buy pointless shit like that?

:dabcasar::siilaanyolaugh: You tweeking, nigga. :chrisfreshhah:

Crow

Boowe, I might buy one when you build the Palm Islands like those fancy & expensive island homes in the sea like Dubai.

I’ve a dream, that one day in 2200’s a machine gun mounted on those Hoover vehicles will be the new Abdi Bille’s used in tribal wars in Somalia. Eeg riyada aad iga keentay!!

Crow

Boowe, I might buy one when you build the Palm Islands like those fancy & expensive island homes in the sea like Dubai.

I’ve a dream, that one day in 2200’s a machine gun mounted on those Hoover vehicles will be the new Abdi Bille’s used in tribal wars in Somalia. Eeg riyada aad iga keentay!!
Just imajine our grandsons using it

Status
Not open for further replies.