Dubai: Absolute horrible city planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
:gucciwhat: Dubai is Nice been there a few times.....

9723eb371ca1249b0b47487acc0e39d4.gif

On the HIGHWAY going to JBR :banderas:

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
pure hater...the streets are fine...

have you been there?
I'm a fan of walk able cities that have good public transportation options. I'm anti sprawl and that is what Dubai seems to be.

Also, I have not been there but plan on going to visit some of the smart cities and the Dubai mall/ Burj Khalifa.

I'm a fan of walk able cities that have good public transportation options. I'm anti sprawl and that is what Dubai seems to be.

Also, I have not been there but plan on going to visit some of the smart cities and the Dubai mall/ Burj Khalifa.
Try walking in the 150 degree sun and you'll see why the city is built like that nobody walks in dubai

Dubai feels like a movie set, it's beautiful but lacks character and originality.
If I visit a country/city I want to FEEL and experience the culture.

Just watched this video. I completely agree, Dubai is garbage from an urban planning perspective. They should've built narrower streets and more public transport infrastructure.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Eurocentric bias in this video expecting people to walk long distances in a hot desert. It is built for cars because fuel is cheap there.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Eurocentric bias in this video expecting people to walk long distances in a hot desert. It is built for cars because fuel is cheap there.
It's built like that because of the short time frame and the lack of proper city planning. I have no issue with driving but when you have highways and major roads cutting off the city like shown in the video, that is an issue.

A lot of rich people there so they want to have their own McMansions and commute long distances for whatever reason.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I don't think the creator of this video understood just to what extent the heat is unbearable. You would get a heat stroke trying to walk from one building in half an hour to another. The cars are a very essential part of Dubai life.

Also, what culture would that really add to the streets of Dubai? Only a very small portion of Dubai's residents are natives, while the rest are foreign expats. All you'd be eating is Indian street food, lol.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
It's built like that because of the short time frame and the lack of proper city planning. I have no issue with driving but when you have highways and major roads cutting off the city like shown in the video, that is an issue.

A lot of rich people there so they want to have their own McMansions and commute long distances for whatever reason.

Keep in mind that a city's residents reflect the city's culture--Dubai is a city for the rich by the rich. The rich don't like walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending