Drought

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like there is going to be another drought in Somalia. So, as these things happen frequently over the last 25 yrs. The last one being in 2016-2017. Shouldn’t there be something in place to curve the impact on people. Plus, lessen the desertification and climate change in Somalia. Also, the new one is estimated to effect over 2 million people and Somalia humanitarian response plan for 2019 requires 1.08 billion dollars. In conclusion, wouldn’t the next one after this one effect even more people and cost more. Also, in the past droughts use to effect Somalia once every half a dozen year. Now, it effects Somalia every couple of yrs. So, what’s the plan?https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...e-more-than-2-million-deaths-un-says-1.871599
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...s-at-risk-of-starvation-after-months-long?amp

looks like there is going to be another drought in Somalia. So, as these things happen frequently over the last 25 yrs. The last one being in 2016-2017. Shouldn’t there be something in place to curve the impact on people. Plus, lessen the desertification and climate change in Somalia. Also, the new one is estimated to effect over 2 million people and Somalia humanitarian response plan for 2019 requires 1.08 billion dollars. In conclusion, wouldn’t the next one after this one effect even more people and cost more. Also, in the past droughts use to effect Somalia once every half a dozen year. Now, it effects Somalia every couple of yrs. So, what’s the plan?https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...e-more-than-2-million-deaths-un-says-1.871599
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/447055-un-over-2-million-somalis-at-risk-of-starvation-after-months-long?amp
"Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves."

You can't be asking for donations for the rest of your life waxa loo baahanyahay isbadal and I don't think the government is doing that drought, floodings and yet when they receive the money it magically vanishes.

You have innocent people being killed left, right and centre, women being raped, people's land being stolen and all sorts of other injustices. The future looks bleak for Somalia :jcoleno:

VixR

Veritas
Looks like we have to get ready for another round of starving Somalis on TV. Somalia doesn’t have the capability to handle this.

Apollo

VIP
Looks like we have to get ready for another round of starving Somalis on TV. Somalia doesn’t have the capability to handle this.

Somalia is projected to have over one-hundred-million people by the end this century.

Hold my khat.

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
You can do what you want but in the end of the day rain comes from Allah swt. I believe this happening because of a curse from Allah swt, a curse upon the xoolo Somali people slaughtering each other for the sake of stupid shit. Stop killing each other repent to Allah swt, and nimco will come.

mrlog

VIP
You can do what you want but in the end of the day rain comes from Allah swt. I believe this happening because of a curse from Allah swt, a curse upon the xoolo Somali people slaughtering each other for the sake of stupid shit. Stop killing each other repent to Allah swt, and nimco will come.

Adeer I see u dropping some knowledge.
I feel the same way after one sick blunt

With investments in the right irrigation technology the affects of drought seasons can be reduced significantly..
The Israelis are the leading in this kind of technologies, they are growing crops in the desert and they've also overcome scarcity/shortage of water over the years by combining different technologies.

Instead of raising money to feed people whenever there is a drought, we should raise money to implement what @Abdisamad3 shared; israeli technology to combat the underlying issues.

Furthermore, we need many water catchment areas, dams etc, so that rainwater doesn't go to waste all the time.

At this point, we should all be ashamed of ourselves for our poor planning skills.

If we lose our livestock we are FINISHED, it's the backbone of our economy and the only thing that keeps us from being a complete laughing stock.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/447055-un-over-2-million-somalis-at-risk-of-starvation-after-months-long?amp

This can easily dealt with, however the FGS is with holding all the money and not allowing the necessary structures/facilities to be built anywhere.
1. Collect rain water and then purify, turning it into drinkable water.
2. Irrigation channels- instead of using the money to buy penthouses or gucci bags perhaps Farmajo could actually order their construction, taking water across the nation, preventing this.
3. Stability- The country needs this in order to begin building all the necessary facilities to be built.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
They are pretty common thoughts among ethnic minorities living in white countries, see this Asian guy bragging about the coming demise of Canada:

PLease don't post that shitty channel on this website, I just managed to leave a group of people who support that shit and now a Somali brings it up....... You do know that regardless of whether we claim to be ex-muslim, who hates everyone from MENA, or a "proud, noble cushite" we will ALL be on the same boat back to where ever it is they wanna send us- that or a firing squad, according to some altrighters I know irl.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
This can easily dealt with, however the FGS is with holding all the money and not allowing the necessary structures/facilities to be built anywhere.
1. Collect rain water and then purify, turning it into drinkable water.
2. Irrigation channels- instead of using the money to buy penthouses or gucci bags perhaps Farmajo could actually order their construction, taking water across the nation, preventing this.
3. Stability- The country needs this in order to begin building all the necessary facilities to be built.

Also, I'd like to add that agriculture usage makes up a huuuge part of water consumption. According to a report by the United Nations, about 70% of the Earth's fresh water is used for agricultural irrigation. Somalia has to get smart quick on how to properly use their water; I mean, they aren't even the most water insecure nation on Earth, right?

upload_2019-6-9_10-42-8.png

How bad is our government when it comes to water management if the ME region, who rank as some of the most water insecure countries on the planet, suffer from far less droughts than we do? Is there even a council in Somalia that deals with managing water?

The trees became charcoal for shisha in Dubai. Quick cash.

upload_2019-6-10_1-50-3.jpeg

upload_2019-6-10_1-50-36.jpeg

upload_2019-6-10_1-50-56.jpeg

If the government can't ban the charcoal exports, the international community should intervene and establish a sea blockade regime on the charcoal trade and seize any ship caught carrying charcoal out of Somali ports.

So, I was reading this article and it said that there was a drought between 1973-1975 it was considered one of the worst droughts to people who lived at that time in North Africa and East Africa. Ethiopia was affected a lot, however, at that time their government wasn’t so great and there were wars whereas Somalia had a good central government. Since, it had a good central government loss of life was minimized and the cost of drought relief for that long drought was 604 million USD. Therefore, if we want to minimize loss of life and the cost of recurring droughts. A good central government is needed in place. Currently, Alshabab controls a large territory so therefore that would impact the people living there as Alshabab would use that against them as they did before back in 2011 and 2016.
Therefore, the one that is coming now is going to be disastrous because unfortunately the government is not at a level where it’s supposed to be.
https://www.hakimabdi.com/blog/down...-climate?format=amp&__twitter_impression=true

However, people can prepare for the next ones.
I saw what a couple of you wrote, but it’s important that the government has more control for those things to be implemented better. Also, it’s important that the government does what’s best for its people instead of being corrupt. I hope they know that serving their people would increase the country’s profit more than serving themselves. I remember reading somewhere that Allah(s.w.t) increases the fortune for those that help others. Especially those who help people who are close to them.
The Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wa sallam) also said, "We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but will be the foremost on the Day of Resurrection." The narrators of this Hadith said: Allah said (to man), 'Spend (in charity), for then I will compensate you (generously).'" (Bukhari)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts