Drone strikes in Somalia

Are you for or against drone strikes by the US in Somalia?

• For

• Against

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I'm disappointed eedo, you're meant to be loyal to America not that butac butac man.

I am loyal to America # 1.

Then i am loyal to Trump because i really believe in his magical thinking optimism. Not to mention, China fears him. He is what an American president should embody.

Bold, Shiny, optimistic. Capitalistic. Daring & insane

I have looked at the reports and casualties are very small but I don't know how accurate they are since the US government might hide true numbers and can label anyone as al shabab. But if the numbers are true I support it somalia has no chance of fighting al shabab.

you clowns saying "small civilian casualities" wouldn't be saying that if another countries drones hit your neighborhood and killed members of your family

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
you clowns saying "small civilian casualities" wouldn't be saying that if another countries drones hit your neighborhood and killed members of your family
That's the biggest problem here. Sure the civilian casualties are small but you're affecting more than 1 person and that could radicalise more people.

Honestly though I think everyone is viewing this issue with an apathetic lense. Its been going on for so long you start viewing it through numbers because the alternative will drain your hope. That could just be me though.

That's the biggest problem here. Sure the civilian casualties are small but you're affecting more than 1 person and that could radicalise more people.

Honestly though I think everyone is viewing this issue with an apathetic lense. Its been going on for so long you start viewing it through numbers because the alternative will drain your hope. That could just be me though.
I flip flop on my views alot on this issue, if there were soliders fighting al shabab civilian deaths would be so much higher but the destructiveness of a drone that can be used thousands of miles away doesn't sit well with me.

Drone strikes never hit al shaabab, always hits innocents, al shaabab are the creation of these western governments and their masters the owners of the private banks to destabilise mineral rich regions for profit.

the problem is that the media has conditioned people to value the blood of white people/westerners only. remember when that white woman from australia was killed, and they were acting like it was the first police shooting...they send those subliminal messages to viewers that some people are worth more than others, and no blood is cheapened more than that of poor, black countries. No one would dare say airstrikes killing U.S. civilians is ok to get back at the damage the us army has done, but the other way around no one blinks an eye...

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Drones are a supplement in war not a cure if you cant win and control your country without it. It is very unlikely you will ever gain true ground support and control with it.

The gov isnt a natural occurrence and as such has the most incapable and spineless people being put in powerful positions. The government has a culture of corruption, tribalism, nepotism, and incompetence. I thought Sharif was gonna change it but even he couldn’t thanks to Godane :manny:

It's recent intensity has kept al shabaab on the run. Although yamamoto let it slip that the American intention is to keep china and russia way from the rare earth minerals quantity in somalia, that will create a new race for resources in the next decade.

Everyone has their reasons. The west wanted to keep somalia backwards and take their resources. Turkey trained the troops and forced them to train danab in a hurry or loose out to china and russia. The only thing holding us back is ourselves and our disunity. I laugh when somalis blame shabaab or the west, because they are just taking advantage of useless african governments and leadership.

:manny:

Give me a link where he said this

If USA wants to get rid of AS, they should provide air support while the government forces go by land. Random drone strikes aren't gonna do anything.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Give me a link where he said this

When it comes to our near-peer competitors such as China and Russia, one of the things they’re focused on is the resources that are coming from East Africa. Because if you look at the future, the biggest repository of rare earth minerals, heavy metals, is East Africa. That’s the future. All your cell phones, all your future high-tech weapons, all those materials can be found in Africa, and mainly East Africa. That’s why these U.S. competitors are there; that’s why we need to look at the continent. What do global competitors want in Africa? You think they care about Africa? Forget it. They do not care. What they want is resources. Why? Because resources are the key to their own economic development.

1 civilian casualty is 1 too many!

Reject American drone strikes!

The terrorist, the fake government/parliament/federal states and their foreign patrons are enemies to Somali people!

What about the cancer causing, depleted uranium munitions used by the Americans? We already have radioactive nuclear waste in our sea dumped by the Europeans as if that wasn’t enough!!

Last edited:
Aren't most of the politicians in Somalia western diaspora. Why doesn't America just go balls deep with Somalia?

Trending