Drone strikes in Somalia

Are you for or against drone strikes by the US in Somalia?

• For

• Against

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Apollo

VIP
For, it saves $$ for the local government and it will turn people against hosting Al-Shabaab in their towns.

Never forget people:

gettyimages-861541292_wide-8725e5a130fb05b73c87eae657f886f8506dcedc.jpg

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Gives legitimacy to AS by allowing them to propagandize American involvement. Indirect American military participation is best in my opinion

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Why wouldn't it turn people against AS?
AS gets to use civilian causalities as propaganda and the US is their main enemy anyways. The FGS isn't as easy to demonize as a "evil foreign kuffar".

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Drone strikes dont even hit Al shabab but random civilians, cattle and farmers. If you are travelling by car in the South, you can be struck by a drone strike. How many civilians have they killed and brushed it under the carpet?

Only criminals support these murderous drone strikes in the South

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
For, it saves $$ for the local government and it will turn people against hosting Al-Shabaab in their towns.

Never forget people:

gettyimages-861541292_wide-8725e5a130fb05b73c87eae657f886f8506dcedc.jpg
Yeah, even with humans getting hit it's a miniscule amount compared to how much Al-shabab kills. There's no doubt drone strike work but it comes at a cost for some folks plus it's great propaganda for AS.
Gives legitimacy to AS by allowing them to propagandize American involvement. Indirect American military participation is best in my opinion
I mean the point is valid but so does leaving minorities disenfranchised and that's an even bigger selling point of AS. Honestly I just want America to not half-ass it.

Drone strikes dont even hit Al shabab but random civilians, cattle and farmers. If you are travelling by car in the South, you can be struck by a drone strike. How many civilians have they killed and brushed it under the carpet?

Only criminals support these murderous drone strikes in the South

Maybe the Americans believe the camels are hiding bombs in their humps :ileycry:

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
I want ten strikes daily al shabaab will be rid of quickly if that happened. Yall calacaaling about how a couple civillians are dying from drone strikes but al shabaab bombings kill double the amount of civilians so might as well do it.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I want ten strikes daily al shabaab will be rid of quickly if that happened. Yall calacaaling about how a couple civillians are dying from drone strikes but al shabaab bombings kill double the amount of civilians so might as well do it.
There's one problem though. Family and community is a main component of society in Somalia and someone's loss won't be only felt only by direct/indirect family. It could be felt by the whole tuulo. In which case AS gains a foothold. Drone strikes can take on AS but it may also push people towards a group like them.

although that's just my assessment and I'm not well versed in rural Somali communities.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It's recent intensity has kept al shabaab on the run. Although yamamoto let it slip that the American intention is to keep china and russia way from the rare earth minerals quantity in somalia, that will create a new race for resources in the next decade.

Everyone has their reasons. The west wanted to keep somalia backwards and take their resources. Turkey trained the troops and forced them to train danab in a hurry or loose out to china and russia. The only thing holding us back is ourselves and our disunity. I laugh when somalis blame shabaab or the west, because they are just taking advantage of useless african governments and leadership.

:manny:

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
There's one problem though. Family and community is a main component of society in Somalia and someone's loss won't be only felt only by direct/indirect family. It could be felt by the whole tuulo. In which case AS gains a foothold. Drone strikes can take on AS but it may also push people towards a group like them.

although that's just my assessment and I'm not well versed in rural Somali communities.
They wanna join al shabaab they can die too blatant. If they fear the govt more than they fear al shabaab they wont join

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
There are so many civilian casualties, I am against.
:it0tdo8:
Are you saying 500 lives wasn't enough to turn ppl away from shabaab. The casualties are because of the cowards shabaab fighting an unfair war like cowards. You must fight cowards and send them to hell. The martyrs killed by the strikes are a risk we have to take.

We have no choice at this point.

500 lives perished in one day and caused shabaab to split till this day over that event. Ppl should hate them, all it would take is attrition and our race will perish thanks to these fools.
:gucciwhat:

Trending