Drake appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drake type nigga,,,,nah I will allow it this time :reallymaury:

not fan of his but I like this song.
Dont worry fellow Drake Stan. This is a safe zone
59816073.jpg

You've got to rate his music even if you don't rate him as a man. After seeing him shit himself sideways when he got punk'd and after seeing this video he forever lost my respect

You've got to rate his music even if you don't rate him as a man. After seeing him shit himself sideways when he got punk'd and after seeing this video he forever lost my respect

Lmaoo Drake was on his hindi atooro thing lol

Link to the punk'd video for the curious :browtf:

S

syntax

I'm not really fucking with drake like that, he's iii. Part of the reason I don't like most of his music is because it's all over the place, he tries to appeal to way to many different demographies of people. But I think that's his recipe for success. He appeals to so many different types of people: niggas, teenagers, women and white people.

I'm looking at all the songs people are posting here and noticing like 90% of them Noah "40" produced tracks. This guy has to be one of the most slept on hiphop figures in the industry right now, rap game tempur-pedic. He's the one guy thats almost solely responsible for manufacturing and maintaining Drakes sound, and has been since the beginning. Dude has produced 80-90% of all the tracks on Drakes albums..including most of his Hits. And if he hasn't made the beat, he's still has his hand in all of his songs cuz he's Drakes sound engineer and mix/mastering engineer. He basically overlooks all of Drakes music, and is a huge reason why Drake is as popular as he is because he keeps switching up Drakes sound while remaining consistent with the hits..... Yet he gets virtually 0 recognition smh.

Look for yourself to see how many songs he's produced himself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_"40"_Shebib_production_discography I wouldn't say he's the best producer in the game, but definitely the most versatile. I always find it crazy how the same guy who helped produced Hold on I'm going Home also made Started from the Bottom, I'm on One, No New Friends, 0-100, Best I ever Had, and Marvins Room. All of the beats have very different sounds and vibes, something a lot of the top producers fail to do these days...all their shit sounds similiar. If you're a Drake fan you should also read this GQ interview with this dude back from 2011. http://www.gq.com/story/noah-shebib-40-drake-take-care-producer Kinda cool how they been really close friends before they got famous and still remain very close and loyal to each other, shit like this makes me admire their friendship and makes me respect Drake and his producer for being real friends in a industry full of snakes and fakes.

Dude doesn't even produce for other rappers, unless he and Drake aren't busy and they both agree to it. He rarely does. He's jus focused on Drake. Drizzy has to be grateful to have such a good and loyal friend helping him out like that. This is my favourite quote from that GQ Interview.

GQ: You’ve stayed tight with Drake ever since—you almost never work with other artists, and when you do, Drake’s involved.

Noah "40" Shebib: That’s my own personal prerogative. The Jamie Foxx record ["Fall For Your Type"] or Alicia Keys record ["Un-thinkable (I’m Ready) (Remix)"] I did, Drake wrote. The record I did for Trey Songz was a Drake song. The record I did for Wayne was for Drake at first but Wayne hijacked it. They’re all related to Drake. I’ve never, thus far, gone outside of working with him. I’m a pretty loyal person and I feel like we have a lot of work to do and when we get an opportunity to rest and when I can go other places, I will, but thus far, I’ve focused on Drake and we just haven’t stopped working, to be honest. When it comes to this project, one ended and the other started. So if Jay-Z or Alicia Keys is knocking on the door, I would work with anyone who wants to work with me and humbled by the opportunities I’ve received, but I’ve been stubborn to finish Drake’s new album first. This is my responsibility and I take a lot of pride in that.

Last edited by a moderator:

afrosomali

closer to god we africans
r we just gonna forget the guy bought quentin miller's entire flow to reinvent himself nd then got all those leaked reference tracks removed from YouTube

if u like drake u dont like hip hop. u like glitter and glitz

S

syntax

r we just gonna forget the guy bought quentin miller's entire flow to reinvent himself nd then got all those leaked reference tracks removed from YouTube

if u like drake u dont like hip hop. u like glitter and glitz

Drake isn't hiphop, he's more of a pop star now.

I barely listen to Drake music but what he was doing, using a reference track, is common in the music and hiphop industry. You must be naive if you think all your favourite rappers create all their songs from scratch and write it themselves. Drake just took the L this time, but a lot of artists do this shit.

Anyways I find this way more interesting than Quentin Miller. Listen to this track from one of the Started from Bottom producers. This is even more blatant than Quentin Miller, how'd it slip under everyones radar.:cosbyhmm: I honestly believe he wrote Started from the Bottom. His song is pretty blessed tho i rate it :obama:

gUqMDWu.png

S

syntax

Dude that's what a reference track is. Here let me show you a example. You know Kanyes new single, All day right? He used Kendrick as a reference track artist and it even got leaked online. Yet nobody gave a shit. Why? I honestly don't know. I remember it leaking online and then they tried to cover it up as a remix...but it's clearly a reference track cuz ye used the flow and even credited him writing in the song credits, just like Drake credited Quentin Miller in all of the songs he referenced tracked for.

Heres the "remix" aka reference track tho. Its kind of hard to find online since they removed all the ones on youtube. He's clearly using the same flow and cadence as Kanye on this beat.

S

syntax

You guys take music way too seriously...:browtf:

lol no qarxis I do, I'm low-key a retired mod on a big hiphop forum/site. I like music a lot though, it's one of my biggest interests/passions. I used to be in the school band and everything from grade 6 till grade 9 till i realized how gay it was, but I love playing instruments and making music. I use to make beats too several years ago and in high school, but I gave up cuz i don't have time. I never got really good at it cuz i didn't stick with it. But this is my favourite beat that i ever produced. Just sum thing i used to do to kill time in the summers

afrosomali

closer to god we africans
Exactly. Most of the big artists have ghostwriters. Meek miill has weak ass bars, he should consider using ghostwriters too. His flow and voice is his only saving grace
i don't care about "artists" but if u wanna front like ure a rapper u better be a rapper- wasn't drake super butthurt when macklemore won the rap grammy nd macklemore said kendrick deserved it more (drake thought he shoulda got it lmao)

kanye is creative and experimental. drake makes club music

S

syntax

i don't care about "artists" but if u wanna front like ure a rapper u better be a rapper

kanye is creative and experimental. drake makes club music

But he doesn't front himself exclusively as a rapper, I mean dude said it himself in this song he's a the king of pop

He's moved past rap a while ago, thats why he's extremely marketable. He never tried to market himself as a "real rapper". He just makes hits, thats why he does crazy shit like this. http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...ake-ties-beatles-14-simultaneous-hot-100-hits

Drake is for middle age caddaan people who want guilty pleasure music, teenage girls, s, average people and everyone else who doesn't give a f*ck about the legitimacy of artists bar's. Which actually makes up a huge chunk of the population...which is why hotline bling became another hit despite his ghostwriting/refernece tracks being public. Cuz frankly his fan base doesn't really give a shit.

lol no qarxis I do, I'm low-key a retired mod on a big hiphop forum/site. I like music a lot though, it's one of my biggest interests/passions. I used to be in the school band and everything from grade 6 till grade 9 till i realized how gay it was, but I love playing instruments and making music. I use to make beats too several years ago and in high school, but I gave up cuz i don't have time. I never got really good at it cuz i didn't stick with it. But this is my favourite beat that i ever produced. Just sum thing i used to do to kill time in the summers
No way, were you in any way affiliated with r/hiphopheads?:lolbron::hmm:. And id kill to be in a band when i was younger, but my aabo would probably accuse me of shaydaan caabud:kendrickcry:

:damnmusic:
My dude this beat was straight raaxo, Why did you stop? And name your top 5 favourite producers of all time :denzelnigga:

S

syntax

@seth mcfarlane idk man that line from that song is pretty damning, why else would he says he's the king of pop. HE was jus flexing all over that track lol. But anyways my main point is, his fanbase doesn't give a f*ck. He'll continue to be successful as long as he keeps putting out good music. You can't compare Kendrick, who's a real rapper, to Drake. They have two different fanbases and people see them in completely different lights. Yet they are both extremely successful in their respective lanes.

@McLovin lool no qarxis man I don't wanna expose myself. I stopped because I have way too many responsibilities and not that much free time anymore. I would love to one day get back into it.

Hm top 5 producers eh. Lemme see. I'll post my favourite beat from them too.

In no particular order

1.Kanye. This is still the best intro i ever heard to any hiphop album

2.J Dilla. In my opinion the best ever. GOAT

3. DJ Premier. Most mesmerizing beat i ever heard.

4. Pharrell.

5. Timbaland. I know this isn't hiphop, he made a shitload of great hiphop tracks, but this is my favourite beat that he made.

@McLovin what about u sxb, who are ur top 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending