Dr.Doug McDonald Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWeekday

Garxaajis Slayer
So the greatest Somali athlete in history Sir Mo Farax is not even Somali :mjlol:

Someone has to let my cousin know so he can start running with our Oromo cousins in Ethiopia :pachah1:

img214556902.jpg

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
They're originally Oromos who learned the Somali language from us Galbeed Somalis.

Jaarsoo Oromo
Akisho (var. Akisha, Akishe; also known as Gurre) is a Somali clan, part of the larger Dir group whose members live in Ethiopia and northern Somalia. The Akisho are a sub-division of the Ali Madaxweyn Dir, and they are reputed to be descendants of the eldest sons of the Madaxweyne Dir.

The Akisho inhabit both the Somaliland region of Somalia and Ethiopia. In Somaliland, Akisho members live in the southern Woqooyi Galbeed Province, Wajaale, Ala’ibaday, and Gabiley. In Ethiopia, where the Akisho are the most widespread Somali group, Akisho members inhabit Jijiga, Baale (Nagelle), Baabule, Fayaanbiiro, Qabri-Bayah, Fiq, Hara-Maaya, Harar, Obra, and Dadar.

http://somalipeople.wikia.com/wiki/Akisho_(clan)

TheWeekday

Garxaajis Slayer
Akisho (var. Akisha, Akishe; also known as Gurre) is a Somali clan, part of the larger Dir group whose members live in Ethiopia and northern Somalia. The Akisho are a sub-division of the Ali Madaxweyn Dir, and they are reputed to be descendants of the eldest sons of the Madaxweyne Dir.

The Akisho inhabit both the Somaliland region of Somalia and Ethiopia. In Somaliland, Akisho members live in the southern Woqooyi Galbeed Province, Wajaale, Ala’ibaday, and Gabiley. In Ethiopia, where the Akisho are the most widespread Somali group, Akisho members inhabit Jijiga, Baale (Nagelle), Baabule, Fayaanbiiro, Qabri-Bayah, Fiq, Hara-Maaya, Harar, Obra, and Dadar.

http://somalipeople.wikia.com/wiki/Akisho_(clan)
They're not Dir...even ask the other Dirs on this site or the ones you know personally.They are their own stand alone clan who have been assimilated by us Galbeed Somalis (Ciise,Samarone and Jibriil Abokor).We taught them the Somali language

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
They're not Dir...even ask the other Dirs on this site or the ones you know personally.They are their own stand alone clan who have been assimilated by us Galbeed Somalis (Ciise,Samarone and Jibriil Abokor).We taught them the Somali language
So why were they mentioned in Futah al Habash as a Somali clan over 500 years ago?

Leo

The Brave
:pachah1: If I hadn't known any better, I would say this is by far the most convincing hogwash I've read in a long time.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The genetic distance between Oromos and Somalis is larger than between the Portuguese and Russians. But since Eurocentric scientists never sample Somalis we get shoved in with Ethiopians on these tests.

:ohhh:

If so, how much internal diversity is there in the Maxa Tiri speaking Somalis? Is there any structure to be found within Maxa Tiri Somalis?

I would be very sceptical of great genetic distance between Oromo and Somali for several reasons, but even discounting the adopted Somali clans in Oromo, the original and purest Oromo the Borana, their genealogies start with a guy named Samaalo.

The reason why a lot of Oromos are very different from Somalis is that Oromos conquered about 20 different tribes and absorbed all of them into the Oromo Gadaa, so you've got everything in there, Hadiyas, Habeshas, Wolaytas, Gurages and everything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending