DP World increases tax of general goods at Berbera port by 40% and 20% food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
This means the average cost of living will even get higher for the average family they will be hit hard. Second group to be affected by it will be the businessmen who will immigrate to other ports.

30571356_10208800544730585_1243847080569053617_n.jpg

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
This means the average cost of living will even get higher for the average family they will be hit hard. Second group to be affected by it will be the businessmen who will immigrate to other ports.

30571356_10208800544730585_1243847080569053617_n.jpg

Go change the title, this is the ministry... The purpose of the increase of import taxes is to increase local production.

Somaliland imports way too much food & consumer goods. And there is already assembly plants + other factories and farms which are having trouble supplying in the country due to cheaper imported goods

Bohol

VIP
Go change the title, this is the ministry... The purpose of the increase of import taxes is to increase local production.

Somaliland imports way too much food & consumer goods. And there is already assembly plants + other factories and farms which are having trouble supplying in the country due to cheaper imported goods

Much of Somaliland is arid so that is why it imports basic grains as it can't be grown in Somaliland due to the unreliable weather and too many droughts. Increasing tax on food imports means cost of living in Hargeisa and other areas that use Berbera port will skyrocket. It will destroy the average family backhome who are already feeling the affects of inflation even harder.

SirLancelLord

VIP
Much of Somaliland is arid so that is why it imports basic grains as it can't be grown in Somaliland due to the unreliable weather and too many droughts. Increasing tax on food imports means cost of living in Hargeisa and other areas that use Berbera port will skyrocket. It will eat the average family backhome who are already feeling the affects of inflation even harder.

For the short term as the market will adjust to the new reality.

The Egg Farm on the outskirts of Hargeisa was struggling had thousands of eggs going to waste because the country was flooded with imported goods and the same with a whole lot of fruit & veg produces.

Bro be positive first, it's all about the bigger picture of encouraging local produce. The government is only following the Somaliland Vision 2030 that sees Somaliland being an exporter rather then importer along with being a middle income economy.

Go check that document out will give an insight to governments plan

I'm basing my business on this, where I don't plan on importing except when setting up (machinery etc)

Bohol

VIP
@SirLancelLord raising taxes for the new DP World overlords is
meaningless though. It won't benefit the average person backhome but the pockets of DP
World and few politicians that work with them. Where are those hundreds of millions of
taxes raised before? in the pockets of thieving politicians. The egg farm is owned by my
uncle outside New Hargeisa indeed that was a new initiative but I don't think much of
Sland can become food growers overnight due to the crippling droughts. They don't even
have water to feed their livestock never mind to grow grains like rice which require a lot
of water which is unrealistic.

Bohol

VIP
if the average joe cant keep up then wont a selective better off group of businesses just benefit a lot instead? t

Only big businessmen will benefit and the DP World crooks since the costs will be passed on
to the average joe in the market who will have to buy inflated rice prices and other foods.
I don't see how this benefits 99% of the people.

Only big businessmen will benefit and the DP World crooks since the costs will be passed on
to the average joe in the market who will have to buy inflated rice prices and other foods.
I don't see how this benefits 99% of the people.

its ironic that the part of somalia that was colonized by the brits is trying to enforce the same shit that the brits are trying to enforce on themselves. only the rich benefit while the gap between them and the poor will widen eternally.

:kodaksmiley: This deal might just screw you guys in the ass

Bohol

VIP
its ironic that the part of somalia that was colonized by the brits is trying to enforce the same shit that the brits are trying to enforce on themselves. only the rich benefit while the gap between them and the poor will widen eternally.

Atleast Britain is a wealthy country with many middle class people (millions) and its people
are not in the middle of never ending droughts or starvations . Sland can't afford it in the
long-term, it won't benefit 99% of the people but only few politicians/businessmen working
with DP World.

Atleast Britain is a wealthy country with many middle class people (millions) and its people
are not in the middle of never ending droughts or starvations . Sland can't afford it in the
long-term, it won't benefit 99% of the people but only few politicians/businessmen working
with DP World.

i guess being a british diaspora really rubbed off on them. wonder what other kinds of cancer and aids they want to bring to my poor brothers and sisters up north:mjcry:

Bohol

VIP
i guess being a british diaspora really rubbed off on them. wonder what other kinds of cancer and aids they want to bring to my poor brothers and sisters up north:mjcry:

If the tax wasn't being stolen and was being used to build the land it would have made sense. However much of it is usually stolen by politicians who put it in bank accounts in Dubai.

upload_2018-4-10_0-46-11.png

DRACO

VIP

we aint Somalians:camby:
did we rejoin while i was sleeping:mugshotman::faysalwtf:
giphy.gif

SirLancelLord

VIP
with DP World.

How did Britain become wealthy, not overnight it took a thousand years. It's an old country Somaliland is trying to catch up with enemies that wish it's Denise everywhere and an unrecognised legal status. It's trying to do it's best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending