Don't translate this Tweet

What if someone said to you that your are good despite being Somali? Here comment was wrong.

Black face, but has white heart. implies he is good despite his color
if an Arab said : ( Israeli President Netanyahu has a white face , but his heart is black ) !!!
What do you understand by this phrase ?​

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
Why did she tweet this 💀💀
Excuse Me What GIF
David Tennant What GIF by Doctor Who
obama-come-on-what-2.gif

This is a popular Arabic phrase .
If you did something good they would tell you
( you are white face أبيض الوجه / وجهك أبيض ) and if you did something bad they would tell you ( you are black face أسود الوجه / وجهك أسود ) .

She is using an Arabic phrase that has been widely used in Arab societies for thousands of years .
You hear this phrase said in the Arab countries, especially the Gulf countries, on a daily basis .​
It's means more Dark heart or a dark face, and a Bright Heart or Bright face

Ancient Arabs never said black people as Aswad, they actually had different classification for dark skin as many of them were also dark

White people especially Europeans were called The Red people as their skin became Red under the heat unlike the real Arabs

Real Arabic is a very sophisticated language

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
What if someone said to you that your are good despite being Somali? Here comment was wrong.

Black face, but has white heart. implies he is good despite his color

Arabs are known for their backhanded compliments towards Africans.

There's a famous somali bantu singer who performed for arab delegates back in the 70s and they described her as "صوت بلا صورة"

It's just that in the Arab language the word 'black/aswat' has a negative connotation and so does in most other languages back in the day even English 'a black day' would mean a bad day in classic english.

While it is controversial, what she said was not wrong. It is a common phrase, black and white are used metaphorically rather than physically in phrases like this
Common doesn’t make it right. If you’re Arab why are you on Somali spot? Or are you one of those sheegatos

It's means more Dark heart or a dark face, and a Bright Heart or Bright face

Ancient Arabs never said black people as Aswad, they actually had different classification for dark skin as many of them were also dark

White people especially Europeans were called The Red people as their skin became Red under the heat unlike the real Arabs

Real Arabic is a very sophisticated language
You are wrong ,

Antarah ibn Shaddad pre-Islamic African-Arab knight and poet
His father, Shaddad, is from the Arab tribe of Bani Abs. His mother was an Ethiopian woman named Zabībah .

Antarah bin Shaddad addresses his beloved Abla ( Cablah ) that he is proud of himself and makes an excuse for his blackness :
تعيرني العدا بسواد جلدي وبيضُ خصائلي تمحو السوادا

My opponents makes me ashamed of the blackness of my skin, but the whiteness of my characteristics

( the whiteness of my good character ) erases the blackness .​

What does he mean by the whiteness of my characteristics ?

the whiteness of my characteristics ( بيضُ خصائلي good white character ) in Arab thinking means : Good manners such as : Courage , generosity, nobility, strength , good origin , virtue, morality , piety , righteousness .....
the blackness of my characteristics ( black " Aswad " character سود الخصال ) in Arab thinking means : Cowardice , Stinginess , lower classes , weakness , wicked behaviour , immorality , impiety , unrighteous , Wickedness ......

So basically he says :
Although my skin color is black , but I have white qualities ( بيضُ خصائلي ) . Therefore, he equates the blackness with bad qualities .

Last edited:
erdogan really does have a daughter called esra but i don't think this is her, erdogan's wife is from the ethnic arab minority btw.

Trending