Dont know myself

You can try things and see if you like it. Have you ever watched a movie or a series? Did you like it? If the answer is yes then boom. There is two interest

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Sister you will never have complete control over yourself so do your prayers and let ALLAH fix a destiny for you. The problem humans have is their ego, they think they in charge and as soon as they fail in something they think they complete disaster which is wrong, because they neither in charge nor failure, they just have free will which makes them do whatever they want.

You will never find yourself so wake up and go with the flow and ALLAH will give you a great destiny

What if i told you? There is no such thing as interest, just go with the flow, wake up and just live. Do not pretend to be in charge.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Go do stuff. If go straight home and watch TV all day. You got no life. Give yourself time and explore a litte

Try garden, I'm telling you, you'll love it. Get a pot, soil and plant a seed. What's how I got started

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Go do stuff. If go straight home and watch TV all day. You got no life. Give yourself time and explore a litte

Try garden, I'm telling you, you'll love it. Get a pot, soil and plant a seed. What's how I got started

Pottery classes are fun, honestly. And you can meet nice people. Volunteer at an animal shelter too, abaayo or do volunteer work involving people like soup kitchens or taking care of the elderly. Very rewarding and once again you meet nice folks. Try being out in nature too. I'm sure there are nice hiking trails pretty much wherever you may live. Look them up, convince someone to come along or go onto meetup.com or facebook and find folks who are hosting a group hike and join them.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don’t know what my interests are ? Im hella confused about myself, don’t know myself well. How can i find what i like?

You write a diary or Journal

Just by referencing your forum personality- i can immediately tell you are an Introvert. Therefore, you like your own space, you are not outgoing. Focus on School and work, and capitalize on your lack of social life by making a killer career life.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
You write a diary or Journal

Just by referencing your forum personality- i can immediately tell you are an Introvert. Therefore, you like your own space, you are not outgoing. Focus on School and work, and capitalize on your lack of social life by making a killer career life.
Lmao i am a ambivert with social anxiety 🤣

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Knowing yourself will take years, as it is more like a ritual of self-discovery in your life than the end-goal, your destination in life.

Be compassionate with you and don't be impatient; most of us fill that gap between our Self and what we believe we are (ego). People who are suggesting activities are well-intentioned but occupying yourself with hobbies won't get to your true essence.
Be well, stay awaken, meditate or pray (or both), and don't forbid yourself from mistakes; as it is a life-long exercise, sometimes you would lose yourself with distractions (and that's permissible!)

I wish you a good journey on this noble quest.

So you don't have any particular interests at all? Try new things. If you don't like what you chose then go to another choice of hobby. Find what suits your mind best. I'm guessing someone has already said this but please follow this. Eventually you will find a new quirk/ hobby that you enjoy. Also about the stress/anxiety part, try to battle against your thoughts, and walk outside daily and gain a liking for nature. Not saying you don't go outside but hypothetically. Alongside with going outside, try to gain a state of mindfulness, this can help as well. Life has many factors, PROGRESSION is one of them. Staying stagnant in this world is inferior to progressing. Life is very diverse and you should enjoy what Allah SWT has given us. Truly knowing yourself however, takes a lot of time.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

People's hobbies are often extraverted and shared with others.
Weird concept, since writing, reading, editing are done alone. (Composing music that these people like, plays and movies are planned ahead by loners).

A cruel fact: most of us are not interesting, yet we think our hobbies make us original.
Hiking is just walking (crazy!),
Reading is just following one word after another,
Sculpting is literally dirt-play, a game for kids.

But, if these activities bring a sense to us, we'd take them and create a persona around them.
We need to separate ourselves from people's labels on hobbies and also have a distant look at our own biases.

What really matters at the end is to live with a light heart, knowingly our own nature (of insipid creatures), despite incomprehension from the tasteless people.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
People's hobbies are often extraverted and shared with others.
Weird concept, since writing, reading, editing are done alone. (Composing music that these people like, plays and movies are planned ahead by loners).

A cruel fact: most of us are not interesting, yet we think our hobbies make us original.
Hiking is just walking (crazy!),
Reading is just following one word after another,
Sculpting is literally dirt-play, a game for kids.

But, if these activities bring a sense to us, we'd take them and create a persona around them.
We need to separate ourselves from people's labels on hobbies and also have a distant look at our own biases.

What really matters at the end is to live with a light heart, knowingly our own nature (of insipid creatures), despite incomprehension from the tasteless people.

I mean I always hoped I would have something interesting going for me.

Don't get me wrong, I have accomplished a lot more than my peers at a relatively young age but I always been wondering whether I should've spent more time learning instruments (I played clarinet, was sh*t) such as the piano or sculpting or art. I had a piano at my family home for a few years and never played it despite intending to.

Whenever people ask if I do anything in my spare time I say "languages" because I speak a few and I trick people into thinking that's something I do in my spare time when its actually out of circumstance.

Last edited:
Put yourself in uncomfortable situations and see how you react. Do you think of yourself as a bit of a pussy? Try boxing for a few months. Are anti-drugs? Try a bit of mdma, etc lol. Deleting all my social media and quiet contemplation worked best for me.

Take a break from internet doing so reflection.

best thing to do is to lock yourself in a darkroom and make sure the environment is quiet. Then just let your thoughts speak to you

Trending