Don't have salary discussions with coworkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A white lady who is a bit more senior than me (we share the same manager) has found out she makes less money than I do. The look on her face... She looked so hurt. This girl who is also a few years older than me and is so dedicated and does unpaid overtime everyday til 6pm was very offended but tried to hide it. Her education level and experience is much higher than mine. I think she's even more hurt because she always hears me complain and that I have a bad attitude at work. And I'm a slacker; extended lunches and sneaking out early.

I have a feeling she was discriminated against due to her gender when she got the job.

I feel bad. I should have never answered her when she asked the question

I

IntensiveCareUnit

Yeah, when I got my first internship at an office job, there are like 3 things you should avoid talking about...salary being one of them.

Douchey thing of her to ask in the first place. If the wants to get paid equally, She should give an oath of chastity so she doesnt owe the company money with all her maternity leaves. smh

Anyways she was job searching this afternoon. I peeked at her computer screen

She mad.

I want to see if in the next couple of weeks if she slows down and doesn't work too hard anymore.

:hemad:

Keep in touch. I might be able to refer you up in the near future.
tumblr_n2rne6xmRw1snsc04o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending