Don’t disrespect the hijab

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
If you wear tight clothing and show your hair etc, don’t bother with the hijab. I get it everyone hasn’t journeys but if you were repeatedly told what your doing is haram and you brush it off with “they just haters” “don’t judge only god can” then we have a right to judge because we told you in private and you still put it out on public for all to see and expect no judgement. Advice does mean haram police. Take @suad_abdi1 on tiktok for an example. She’s disrespectful and just...
Instead of realizing what she’s doing, she just disables her comments

Last edited:

Villainess

Wallahi I’m never the type of woman who bring other ladies down, it’s just why wear a hijab and sexualize it?

Alluring

Sayonara
Wearing hijab doesn't mean someone is going to become a saint but I don't like when they wear it as an accesory. Basically throwing it on and wearing what they normally would just with a designer scarf on their head. Hijab is a barrier and it includes your body not just your hair.

Villainess

Wearing hijab doesn't mean someone is going to become a saint but I don't like when they wear it as an accesory. Basically throwing it on and wearing what they normally would just with a designer scarf on their head. Hijab is a barrier and it includes your body not just your hair.
Exactly, the just wear it not for respect but for the sake of fashion. It's not a trend...

The most annoying thing is ppl dont even do the head covering properly. I remember telling a classmate that it doesnt just mean hair but should include coverage of neck, ears, chest etc. But she was like don't judge me, you don't have the right....

Also loadd of ppl now don't even wear scarves they wear turbans and hats and try to pass that up as acceptable.

After “hijab of the eyes” came the order describing the dress code for women:

وَ لاَ يُبْدِيْنَ زِيْنَتَهُنَّ إِلاَّ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَ لْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلىَ جُيُوْبِهِنَّ...

“...and not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms...”

(1) What is the meaning of “khumur” used in this verse?
Khumur خُمُرٌ is plural of khimarخِمَارٌ , the veil covering the head.

So the word khimar, by definition, means a piece of cloth that covers the head.

(2) What does the clause “placing the khumur over the bosoms” mean?

According to the commentators of the Qur’an, the women of Medina in the pre-Islamic era used to put their khumur over the head with the two ends tucked behind and tied at the back of the neck, in the process exposing their ears and neck. By saying that, “place the khumur over the bosoms,” Almighty Allah ordered the women to let the two ends of their headgear extend onto their bosoms so that they conceal their ears, the neck, and the upper part of the bosom .

This is confirmed by the way the Muslim women of the Prophet’s era understood this commandment of Almighty Allah. The Sunni sources quote Ummu ’l-mu’minin ‘A’isha, the Prophet’s wife, as follows: “I have not seen women better than those of al-Ansar (the inhabitants of Medina): when this verse was revealed, all of them got hold of their aprons, tore them apart, and used them to cover their heads.

The meaning of khimar and the context in which the verse was revealed clearly talks about concealing the head and then using the loose ends of the scarf to conceal the neck and the bosom. It is absurd to believe that the Qur’an would use the word khimar (which, by definition, means a cloth that covers the head) only to conceal the bosom with the exclusion of the head! It would be like saying to put on your shirt only around the belly or the waist without covering the chest!

Trending