Does your family

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Have a tradition of naming grand children the name of the grand father of grand mother maiden names? I am wondering if that is the culture of all somalis?

I named my daughter, my mom name, and my son my dads name.

YOU?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Nope.....we don’t have any traditions tbh. Waan iska nool nahay

1587149712485.png

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
No tbh.

None of my siblings are named after my grandparents. But my sister named her twin daughters after my paternal and maternal grandmother’s names. They both start with J, which it’s kind of cool.

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
Not my family. But I will name my kids ethnic Somali names so choosing “Abdi or Ahmed” is out of the question for me anyway.

Jungle

VIP
My family kinda does ive been named after my granddad. I got 3 cousins named after him as well with the same name :mjlol: if I have a daughter at some point imma name her after hooyo but thats where it ends for me.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Have a tradition of naming grand children the name of the grand father of grand mother maiden names? I am wondering if that is the culture of all somalis?

YOU?
It's not a tradition in my household but it does happen once in a while where they named someone after a relative. I don't think you should do it too much though, it's best to have a diverse variety of names in a family rather than the same 3 names appearing commonly

lalayariis

Bad cop

YOU?
My parents did that to two of my brothers. My name is my grandmas on my Hooyo’s side second name:fittytousand:

Hence I never understood her. Her story was the opposite to naag nool. Zero self-awareness. @Afrique Saw YouTube naag nool as inspirational
you can't blame her though can you? I noticed somali people give kids who are dark skin with madow features low self esteem. And then her husband did psychological abuse on her. She already made the mistake of disobeying her parents, so now its awkward for her to ask anyone for help.