Does your clan do "Caano Shub"?

Is this a traditional practise for certain clans? I've noticed its much more common with the Harti, but I've seen other ceremonies of Galbeed and Konfuur clans performing this practise. It's unheard of my within my clan.

Anyway, it looks wasteful.

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
What is it for? To show your clan has an abudance of camels and milk? So you can waste milk on such frivolous things?

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
I got no idea what it signifies, but I'd like to know too. What traditional practise do Ilma Sade perform?
I wouldn't know because i wouldn't want to attend. Sounds way too boring for me. I will read the facebook summary instead.

It is a tradition that is highlighting the selected chieftain will work for peace, prosperity, and security. In the Somali nomadic tradition, plenty of milk symbolizes prosperity and peace.

Somalis say "kugu maaley", meaning you helped us achieve peace and prosperity.

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Is this a traditional practise for certain clans? I've noticed its much more common with the Harti, but I've seen other ceremonies of Galbeed and Konfuur clans performing this practise. It's unheard of my within my clan.

This girl want to destroy Somali dhaqan so badly 😂

No, we put leaves (caleean) on his head, and by this they mean that they chose him
Yeah, Caleemo Saar is the most common one with clans all around. They also put a Cimaamad over the head or wrap it around the head, and the elder just drinks the milk, as opposed to it being poured over the head and drinking it after.

I think it is more of a Ciid/Galbeed tradition.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It may be unique to Darood, but they also do the normal Caleemo Saar as everyone else. Sometimes they call it one or the other and do both in the ceremony.

All I know is Karanle used to “duub” traditionally most of the Garaads accross the Horn! This practice stopped long ago lakin.

BFDFBEBC-44A7-4BFE-9348-67C2AA32B45E.jpeg

Here is Reer Garaad elder talking about the custom of Karanle doing the “duub” for most other Garaads at the very end!

Most camel herding clans do this Caano shub ceremony.
From what I've seen, Dir, Isaaq, Hawiye, and D&M herder clans don't do it. I think it's unique to Darood subclans. However, there are instances where Reers from other clans that border Darood do it

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP

Habargidir ceyr
caano_shub.jpg

Trending

Latest posts