• Yes

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver

During the so called “Islam’s Golden Age”, Muslim philosophers were at the forefront of philosophical discourse in Europe. Have you heard about Muslim philosophers like Al-Farabi, Avicenna and Averroes? Thanks to salafis, everything is haram today.

@YourBroMoe

Look Sxb, imagine that you are very old and your brain is ravaged by dementia and Alzheimer’s and you could no longer recognise yourself and your loved ones, all your personality traits have abandoned you, will you cease being a self? How is a “constant personality” be applicable to such a scenario? Does it still exist?

@YourBroMoe

From that inference above and other cases of brain damages, they illustrate that the idea of the "self and constant personality" is controlled by physical chemistry and neurones in our brains and that is also why the concepts of the "souls, spirits" are old folkloric beliefs and myths incorporated into religious beliefs. Since religion is based on the rewarding and punishing of the individual in the "hereafter", that "soul" should be returned to the body, otherwise, you might punish or reward someone else. Sorry Sxb, it doesn't exist.

Philosophy is a cucks workout while us Chadstone are in the gym working out and taking all the females the cuck philosopher is sitting there thinking if he never saw xaar does that mean xaar does not exist:kodaksmiley:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
@YourBroMoe

From that inference above and other cases of brain damages, they illustrate that the idea of the "self and constant personality" is controlled by physical chemistry and neurones in our brains and that is also why the concepts of the "souls, spirits" are old folkloric beliefs and myths incorporated into religious beliefs. Since religion is based on the rewarding and punishing of the individual in the "hereafter", that "soul" should be returned to the body, otherwise, you might punish or reward someone else. Sorry Sxb, it doesn't exist.
Good answer. I feel like this question isn't given the importance it's due. I guess one has to create a constant personality instead. That way, the decisions made by said individual will be to their benefit both in the present and in the future.

Good answer. I feel like this question isn't given the importance it's due. I guess one has to create a constant personality instead. That way, the decisions made by said individual will be to their benefit both in the present and in the future.

YBM

Sxb, you are right because many are wary that it might get in the way and raise doubts of their “blind faith”. personality evolves and adopts to “new realities”, thus requiring realignments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts