Does talking to yourself make you crazy?

Are you crazy if you talk to yourself?

• Hell yea

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Only if people see you in the act

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
A quick search for 'talking to yourself' will reveal that there is an active debate on whether there is anything wrong with talking to yourself or not.

I'll admit that if I saw a dirty homeless guy standing by himself and muttering, I would probably assume that he was off his rocker, but I have to admit that I talk to myself a good bit. But I am not really talking to myself as much as I am just talking so that I can hear the sound of the words in my head.

When no one is around, I find myself practicing conversations that require diplomacy and tact to see how it sounds when said aloud. I sometimes make comments on things that I'm working on like, "That looks good." or "Needs another coat of paint . . ."

So am I crazy? Don't answer that.

I think that the difference is whether you allow other people to see you talking to yourself. If you are not even cognizant enough to know that you shouldn't let people see you talking to yourself then there is a better chance that you might be mentally unstable.

Do you think that talking to yourself is a sign of insanity

Nin-culus

Laandheer
A quick search for 'talking to yourself' will reveal that there is an active debate on whether there is anything wrong with talking to yourself or not.

I'll admit that if I saw a dirty homeless guy standing by himself and muttering, I would probably assume that he was off his rocker, but I have to admit that I talk to myself a good bit. But I am not really talking to myself as much as I am just talking so that I can hear the sound of the words in my head.

When no one is around, I find myself practicing conversations that require diplomacy and tact to see how it sounds when said aloud. I sometimes make comments on things that I'm working on like, "That looks good." or "Needs another coat of paint . . ."

I think that the difference is whether you allow other people to see you talking to yourself. If you are not even cognizant enough to know that you shouldn't let people see you talking to yourself then there is a better chance that you might be mentally unstable.

Why would one ask such a question. Ofcourse, it’s caadi to talk to yourself when needed sometimes I pattern myself not in front of others tho shit idk if it’s normal but I do it

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I say things to myself outload all the time, I don’t think it’s an issue until u start having full conversations with urself like asking questions, then walking across the room and answering the same questions :)

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Visions: great.
Talking with yourself: go see a doctor.

I mutter to myself quite alot. Youre fine sxb

I think what you mean is thinking it perfectly normal especially those shower thoughts I be having full conversation with myself for an hour

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
6455.jpg

I talk to my dogs, is that insanity? When people talk to an invincible entity, it is called religion, but talk to an invincible friend and you will be accused of suffering from a mental illness.

It depends how you talk to yourself. I do talk to myself loudly when I'm working and seeking solutions, but if I did publicly. it would be considered unusual.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I talk to myself every day. It helps me with my revisions, to memorise numbers and names. It's a great way to hear yourself and if you're bored, talking to yourself is great as you can remember silly things you did in your life without looking like a weirdo, because most people think I am. Who cares? Talking is liberating.

I talk to my dogs, is that insanity? When people talk to an invincible entity, it is called religion, but talk to an invincible friend and you will be accused of suffering from a mental illness.

It depends how you talk to yourself. I do talk to myself loudly when I'm working and seeking solutions, but if I did publicly. it would be considered unusual.

Do you actually have a dog?
:susp::nahgirl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending