Does Somalia/Somaliland need to start building up?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Nah it's a good thing. My awoowe's construction company is constantly building new houses in laascaanood every year. Not only does it grow the city but it's cheaper and easier. We know how to build a gated house, not a skyscraper. To build buildings a few stories high we'd need architects and engineers. Whereas building a house is much more simple. You need a lead, a couple of people who know what they're doing and a crap ton of labour workers.

This employs the uneducated, while at the same time providing new houses for people to settle in.

You're jumping the gun here, a society can't go from cement houses to steel and glass skyscrapers with complex wiring and plumbing. As soon as we have the money, resources, education. We can

Jeesto

VIP
Only for the central business district. For business people it is more efficient that they are all concentrated in a small area.

Not for residential. No need for residential flats, with only possibly Mogadishu as an exception.
This is already the case in cities like Mogadishu, Hargeisa and Jigjiga. Almost all the tall buildings are located along one of the cities major roads and serve as the business districts.

For Mogadishu it's the Makka al mukarama road
b-76.jpg

For Hargeisa, it's the Road number 1
maxresdefault.jpg

For Jigjiga it's the Sayidka road
79128227_436148527035411_8213942211331489792_o.jpg

This is already the case in cities like Mogadishu, Hargeisa and Jigjiga. Almost all the tall buildings are located along one of the cities major roads and serve as the business districts.

For Mogadishu it's the Makka al mukarama road
b-76.jpg

For Hargeisa, it's the Road number 1
maxresdefault.jpg

For Jigjiga it's the Sayidka road
79128227_436148527035411_8213942211331489792_o.jpg
Somalia is truly changing, We would be amazing without this clan bullshit, Qabil has its benefits but somalis are doing this way wrong

You cant import millions of people to your land while your a small ethnic group, Make your country rich and immpossible to function without them, At the same time most are not even muslims and have no ethnic ties to arabs so assimilating is impossible, In a few hundred years uae will be english speaking democracy run by a plethora of ethnic based political parties one for pakis one for indians and so on with a muched changed culture and no islamic laws and will be run on western customs that will happen when everything is run by foreigners they wont let arabs just order them around
facts this wouldn't be an effective solution for Somalia because our population is small even through it looks like we breed like crazy in the west with some Somali families having up to 10 siblings. The only reason why the UAE and Saudi Arabia are relevant to western countries is because of the large amount of oil Allah has blessed them with, when that oil runs out their doomed they better tahrib to Libya when it comes to that

facts this wouldn't be an effective solution for Somalia because our population is small even through it looks like we breed like crazy in the west with some Somali families having up to 10 siblings. The only reason why the UAE and Saudi Arabia are relevant to western countries is because of the large amount of oil Allah has blessed them with, when that oil runs out their doomed they better tahrib to Libya when it comes to that
Diversification of their economies is already underway.

And 85% of Saudi's oil found, not all of it, hasn't been extracted yet. I don't know about the Emiratis though.

Jeesto

VIP
Somalia is truly changing, We would be amazing without this clan bullshit, Qabil has its benefits but somalis are doing this way wrong
We're slowly getting there sxb. PS it's us Somalis who're building all these tall buildings and we've done a damn good job for people that have been in a civil war and poverty for 30 years

We have so many 1 story houses and not enough buildings.

I understand that currently we have a huge land to population ratio and we can afford to use our land like this.

But, we can't afford the development infrastructure every time people want to build new 1 story home neighborhoods in the middle of nowhere.

I feel like in our case, a low population density(compared to the rest of africa) is actually a bad thing considering we can't afford the infrastructure.
It’s better that Somalia avoid making large building right now. That would increase the density in the cities which is something that’s slowly becoming a problem in East Africa. The last thing I would like to see is Xamar looking like Eastling.

We have land, we should be continuing urban sprawl as apposed to stacking people on top of each other, at least not now.

Jeesto

VIP
It’s better that Somalia avoid making large building right now. That would increase the density in the cities which is something that’s slowly becoming a problem in East Africa. The last thing I would like to see is Xamar looking like Eastling.

We have land, we should be continuing urban sprawl as apposed to stacking people on top of each other, at least not now.
Too late:dead:

Population control measures are also a good idea. Government policies to encourage reproduction. We don't have enough people for all the land there is.

Trending