Does Somalia need to adapt Sharia Law based constitution?

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
The Sharia law is timeless and is needed in Somalia right now, it is relevant in every period of time when human beings go to an absolute destruction.

Whats interesting is to look at somalias condition for the past 200 years. No one can disagree that in the past 200 years somalia has experienced the biggest losses in every aspect of societal succes.

We lost land, we'v got colonized by foreigners (and still is), lost in basic social cohesian, murder, tribalism, and corruption til this day. Ironically those past 200 years there was a absence of islam, and the implementing of islam. Its not a coincidence that the absence of islam have brought chaos, and corruption.

When islam and Sharia Law was implemented in our societies, we experienced victory, Ogaden was a part of somali empires, and the habashi could never conquer us.

Today we're being enslaved by foreign countries, like Ethiopia ,China, USA (for the past 27 years), and even the arab countries. I have documents which proves that USA have been drilling for oil in somali land in 1991, and masked their operation as humanitarian one,we are basically getting robed by many foreign countries and will definitely leave us dry.

Does Somalia need a Sharia Law based constitution, rather than the gaalo constitution?

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Ofcourse it needs. We are Muslim Country. Shariah is our guidance

And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers. [5:44]

I would never trust a group of Somali's to practice Sharia law as God intended.

Last time around they banned bras, the internet, and football.

I would never trust a group of Somali's to practice Sharia law as God intended.

Last time around they banned bras, the internet, and football.
These are paid agent provocateurs sponsored by the West and the Najdi Al-Saud devils to ensure Sharia Law is associated with repression and going back to the stone age.

It's world class propaganda that has even deterred genuine Muslims by this false association.

It's why the khawariij are the dogs of hell fire because in this world they are the dogs of the disbelievers used against other Muslims.

Our prophet emphasized that any knowledge is the lost property of the believer and he should take it wherever he finds it, throughout history we were at the forefront in innovation and acquiring knowledge.

Now you have groups with names signifying that getting education is haram, when the prophet himself let prisoners that waged war against him free on the condition they teach 10 of his companions how to read and write.

Last edited:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
No we need to re-introduce secularism to our people, it must be revived , new laws based on principles and common grounds must be legislated, we must priotise separating religion from the state, the least thing we want for our country is to regress to backwardness, it's never going to have an impact on our society if we are looking up to Gulf States but we end up like Afghanistan.
Take the ICU for example they've done as much damage as their mooryaan predecessors.

Actually it's the masses that are most likely to fall for the deceptions, lies and propaganda.
This is the first time I agree with this fellow @Southerner despite having many things to disagree with , his words are concrete with facts.

@Manafesto what if I tell you , thousands of people had been framed during the reign of the maxaakiinta and still exist in AS controlled territories , it had benefited individuals and they used leverage over it, ridding their enemies for good , how many had their arms and legs amputated , executed and stoned to death without any crucial evidence?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Yes it will end corruption

Not to mention it will create order for Muslim Somalis. Humans desire order more than anything. Even the liberals. If the whole society behaves in a strict Islamic ways, there will be less moral issues. As for corruption i don't think Shariah will stop that. Greedy men given the power of Sharia men -centrist society will even be worst.

So i guess i am left with -- the current situation is better. But even this one, it cannot stay forever as population increases

Last edited:
The Sharia law is timeless and is needed in Somalia right now, it is relevant in every period of time when human beings go to an absolute destruction.

Whats interesting is to look at somalias condition for the past 200 years. No one can disagree that in the past 200 years somalia has experienced the biggest losses in every aspect of societal succes.

We lost land, we'v got colonized by foreigners (and still is), lost in basic social cohesian, murder, tribalism, and corruption til this day. Ironically those past 200 years there was a absence of islam, and the implementing of islam. Its not a coincidence that the absence of islam have brought chaos, and corruption.

When islam and Sharia Law was implemented in our societies, we experienced victory, Ogaden was a part of somali empires, and the habashi could never conquer us.

Today we're being enslaved by foreign countries, like Ethiopia ,China, USA (for the past 27 years), and even the arab countries. I have documents which proves that USA have been drilling for oil in somali land in 1991, and masked their operation as humanitarian one,we are basically getting robed by many foreign countries and will definitely leave us dry.

Does Somalia need a Sharia Law based constitution, rather than the gaalo constitution?
I’m with you 100%

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Yes. Have you seen how crazy somalis are?? They need someone to keep them in check. The religion we already have got them to lessen the HIV rates and running around raping children. Without Islam Somalia would be x10s worse. We need sharia ASAP

I appreciate your sentiment but that tactic would be self-defeating. The implementation of the Sharia is incumbent upon us but this is not as compatible with the nature of the Faustian state as people may think.

A good critique of this is in "The Impossible State". This book is written by a Palestinian brought up in the rites of the Syriac Orthodox Church yes but he makes some valid points about how the Shariah is not some dull set of rules but all pervasive within society. The public/private distinction within the Shariah is very different to that of liberalism and the religious/secular distinction simply would not exist. There is no separation of powers and no division of the temporal and spirit.

For the Shariah to be properly implemented, the state would not be like states that we see around the world because the state would not be sovereign: the state would not be able to put aside the Shariah whenever it wants. It would not be able to decide the state of exception.

A problem that I see many people nowadays having is that they don't understand the modern way of understanding the world is historically anomalous and you cannot assume modern categories existed in the past. The secular/religious dichotomy came from Western Christianity via the doctrine of the two swords amongst others.

Plus, having written constitutions are stupid. On whose authority does this written constitution bind the people and the state? De Maistre very well skewered this when he said: "The essence of a fundamental law is that no one has the right to abolish it. For how could it stand above all men, if some men had made it? Popular agreement is not possible. And even if it were, an agreement is still not a law at all and obligates no one unless a higher power guarantees its enforcement."
There is no fundamental law to the Somalis but that of the laws Allah has revealed to us through the Qur'an and through the practices of his Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) recorded in the Ahadith. There are a few countries which do not have written constitutions like the UK, Israel and New Zealand and they manage fine.

If there must be a constitution which is written, let there be just a couple of sentences.

1) We bear witness that Allah is the sovereign of All and his law binds all.
2)Among the laws which govern us, some are written and others are not.

The second sentence was what the Romans included in their books of law to describe their constitution.

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
Yes 100% Somalis need to have structure and harsh discipline other wise they will run amok like '93