Does Somalia need a president like Filipino president Rodrigo Duterte?

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
i admire this man wallahi :dzmxmmb:
‘Shoot, but don’t kill’ corrupt officials, President Duterte tells Filipinos

MANILA: President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday told Filipinos that they can “shoot but not kill” public officials who demand money in exchange for their services.

Duterte urged the public to be assertive when doing business with government agencies.

“The only thing that I am asking the Filipino people is really to be assertive, period ... If you pay taxes, fees, clearances or whatever, and these fools ask for a bribe, slap them. If you have a gun, you can shoot them, but don’t kill because you might not be included among those given pardon or computation,” Duterte, a former prosecutor, said in his speech during the inauguration of the Bataan government center and business hub dubbed “The Bunker.”

“Just the foot, then it will only be serious physical injuries ... You admit it, then you go to probation. You do not go inside the prison ... You’ll just report to a probation officer,” Duterte said. “At least you got to shoot a foolish thief.”

The president vowed to defend any person who shoots a corrupt official.

“I will defend you. If the incident reaches my office, I will call for the complainant and tell him to slap (the official) three times ... I’ll ask how much did he demand from you, sir? Five thousand? Then slap that son of a b**** two more times,” Duterte said.

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
EUkw_WuUUAAOGm_.jpg

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
"Shoot but not kill" has to be one of the most unAmerican things I've ever read.

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I don't think so, his tactics wouldn't be compatible with our society. Look at miskiin Farmaajo and how he is portrayed by the opposition as the most evil person in Somali history. Imagine if we had Duterte who openly tells you he will kill and shoot u and then actually kills and shoots u. This is why we have to appreciate our leaders and never vilify them :)

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
If I was the supreme leader of Somalia I would institute Dutertesque methods in regards to Khat, yes. Look how much healthier Somalis in the West look compared to Somalis back home. I know nutrition and other factors play a role also, but we all have our teeth is what I’m saying.

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
I don't think so, his tactics wouldn't be compatible with our society. Look at miskiin Farmaajo and how he is portrayed by the opposition as the most evil person in Somali history. Imagine if we had Duterte who openly tells you he will kill and shoot u and then actually kills and shoots u. This is why we have to appreciate our leaders and never vilify them :)
Corrupt officials deserve severe punishments dont you agree sxb?

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
If I was the supreme leader of Somalia I would institute Dutertesque methods in regards to Khat, yes. Look how much healthier Somalis in the West look compared to Somalis back home. I know nutrition and other factors play a role also, but we all have our teeth is what I’m saying.
i agree khat is shaytaan salad

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
I don’t know how we call ourselves a Muslim country when we let drugs flow in our streets like that, clear sign of hypocrisy, no wonder Allahﷻ withholds prosperity from us.
Sometimes i feel that we're a muslim nation by name :i83dwbv:

I don’t know how we call ourselves a Muslim country when we let drugs flow in our streets like that, clear sign of hypocrisy, no wonder Allahﷻ withholds prosperity from us.
War torn country where the populations average age is 18, surrounded by enemies and the playgroup for foreign powers. You're far too harsh for the reality of the situation.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Seems like you didn't read the article. He's talking about corrupt officials who ask for bribes not his opposition parties. I agree with him, they should be shot and handicapped, they'll forever be seen as "corrupt" by the society.

there's more to being muslim than wearing a jilbaab and avoiding pork sxb
What point are you making. Speak clearly.

Nobody doubts the religiousity of the Somalis. People have concerns about south Asians and Arabs in their practices. Nobody can say a word about somalis.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
War torn country where the populations average age is 18, surrounded by enemies and the playgroup for foreign powers. You're far too harsh for the reality of the situation.

That’s the situation as it stands but the hypocrisy of Somalis is pretty clear to me. We didn’t start taking our religion seriously as a whole until after the war and even that was halfhearted. I see so much degeneracy every time I go to Somalia.

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
What point are you making. Speak clearly.

Nobody doubts the religiousity of the Somalis. People have concerns about south Asians and Arabs in their practices. Nobody can say a word about somalis.
qabiilism and corruption is widespread among somali society, both tribalism and corruption are major sins in islam

dont get me started on the somalis on social media (especially twitter) :it0tdo8:

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
qabiilism and corruption is widespread among somali society, both tribalism and corruption are major sins in islam

dont get me started on the somalis on social media (especially twitter) :it0tdo8:

Tribalism isn’t haram in and of itself, the salaf were tribal. If tribalism supersedes Islam that’s when it becomes haram. There’s no daleel for tribalism being haram and the Prophetﷺ used to praise certain tribes. Somalis however have let tribalism get in the way of our religion. Read this Hadith and tell me if it describes us or not.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever rejects lawful obedience to the leader and divides the community and dies in this state will have died upon ignorance. Whoever fights under the banner of one who is blind, raging for the sake of tribalism, or calling to tribalism, or supporting tribalism, and is killed in this state will have died upon ignorance. Whoever rebels against my nation, striking the righteous and wicked alike and sparing not even the believers and does not fulfill the pledge of security, then he has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1848

Grade: Sahih

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever rejects lawful obedience to the leader and divides the community and dies in this state will have died upon ignorance. Whoever fights under the banner of one who is blind, raging for the sake of tribalism, or calling to tribalism, or supporting tribalism, and is killed in this state will have died upon ignorance. Whoever rebels against my nation, striking the righteous and wicked alike and sparing not even the believers and does not fulfill the pledge of security, then he has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1848

Grade: Sahih
this describes us 100% :i83dwbv:

Trending