Does Somalia need a new name and ditch the bad rep associated it?

Do Somalia need a new name and a makeover?

• Yes, the name is a bad luck too

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No, let's stick to the name and try fix to it

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฑ]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I really think we should just stop refering our selves as Somalis, the name is cursed and comes with every negative thing in the world, famines,piracy,terrorism, and on top of that we are the only savages in the world without a government for decades.

We also never fail to loose a spot at the top ten most poorest countries in the world and hold that record for every year since 1960, we need to claim our Gueennes world record award.:kendrickcry:

The diaspora Somali's bad reputation also pute gas to the flame, gang members, welfare receipts, wide unemployment, high education dropping rate and unskilled workforce is what majority of our diaspora community known for.

I now identify as a Puntite or Puntlander as my country of origin,since it draws a blank image to most of foreigners it is still much better a image than anarchy and famine.

I aslo encourage the other Somali states like the DDS and NFD to ditch the floped name, countries change their country names often and ditch if associate with a bad rep , this will also help the country attract more foreign investments and tourists.

No one will come to visit Somalia as a tourist even if we find a peace due to our past history and the civil war media coverage, that disturbing footage are still fresh on everyone's brain
Most of foreigners would still think the pirates,terrorist and clan Mooryaans are still active and operational for next few decades untill they die or forget,

The damage is done already and even if we get a great government,law and order and manage to invest in a world class tourist resorts most foreigners will consider Somalia a dangerous country and will never visit.

Do we need a new name and makeover?

Last edited:
:mjlol::pachah1::pachah1:
man what is wrong with u? Why do u care so much about what other people think. Change the name kulaha. How did u type this drivel do u have no pride?

:banderas:
How about Puntstan but that might interfere with PIM you cant have Puntland and Punstan would be like Soomaliland and Soomalia

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasmโ€ข Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
You can change the name of the country a hundred times but the government are the face and image of the country.

Somalia is a perfect name and has a great flow when saying it. If we want to fix our reputation then we need to fix our country, thatโ€™s all.

I don't mind changing the name of the nation into one that is historically valid. Might take a few years of archaeological digging/research to determine if macrobia is more accurate than somaali because not everyone is an ethnic samaale.

How are Isaaq samaale when people say we're carab? Makes my head spin. Too much bs in our lineage and our forefathers outta be cursed for lying to us.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Germany is still Germany even after their well-earned fascist country image.

Somalia is a beautiful name. We should never change it even if some of us have the qabil disease. It is curable.

The media makes shit leaders look like masakeens. The media is powerful. If we fix our country and promote that online, humans being dumb as they are might forget about the Somali civil war in a decade.

GemState

36/21
VIP
The only problem with it is that it's the same name as a ethnicity, which can make it confusing.

It should be changed to something more inclusive, not everyone in Somalia is Somali. Bantu's, Bajuni, Darod, etc, live here as well, we should be more mindful and considerate of them.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
countries change names but the new name must have greater historic and cultural significance. A recent example is Congo, the country formerly known as Zaire.

In Somalia's case, Two of the three countries that will inevitably emerge already have names that are historically rooted in the people and the land and the third one, hmm I guess we can brainstorm.
1. puntland: multi-millenia old name โ˜‘
2. Jubaland, biggest river in the peninsulaโ˜‘
The third one not sure but if I take a guess.
3. Hawiyestan. What y'all think ? Please brainstorm politely for the third rail country:gaasdrink:

countries change names but the new name must have greater historic and cultural significance. A recent example is Congo, the country formerly known as Zaire.

In Somalia's case, Two of the three countries that will inevitably emerge already have names that are historically rooted in the people and the land and the third one, hmm I guess we can brainstorm.
1. puntland: multi-millenia old name โ˜‘
2. Jubaland, biggest river in the peninsulaโ˜‘
The third one not sure but if I take a guess.
3. Hawiyestan. What y'all think ? Please brainstorm politely for the third rail country:gaasdrink:
Hawiyestan kulaha :dead: :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts