does racial pride make sense?

does racial/ethnic pride make sense?

• Total voters

southside

Hiiraan
im love being a black man but some would argue that racial or ethnic pride makes no sense since you didn't pick your race or ethnicity at birth, some would also say that the only type of pride that's real is the pride that comes from self accomplishments, what form of pride makes the most sense to you? being prideful of sharing the same race, ethnicity or lineage as the man that invented the first airplane, or being prideful of being that man that invented the first airplane?

Its best to be a total individual. The success of another person from my nationality is not mine to bask in. Care for only your accomplishments and your journey to self improvement.

Everything else is just noise.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
If you look at alt right white nationals that love bragging about white civilizations and white inventions, they’re always unaccomplished losers that haven’t done shit to be proud of

It’s good to have a healthy level of taking pride in your culture. Conversely in extreme you’re so closed off from the world. And other possibly cool people of different ethnicities. Like seriously it helps being cordial with them like really good connects. At least in my experience.

Like I was Salon once the lady was Ethiopian & Muslim. Real nice lady& convo btw. Give me a good discount.

Ethnic pride is a form of demographic control because it helps the ones in power to govern easier with higher levels of social cohesion. They can always blame the 'external' for internal conflicts and claim that the foreign entity threatens their legacy, revered traditions, and progress, which helps inhibit intragroup ambivalence.

I think it's an evolutionary social mechanism that mobilizes and structuralizes the group internally to protect itself from the 'other.'

I believe too much pride is an exaggerated perception of 'self' that hinders growth.

Apollo

VIP
Ethnic pride is a form of demographic control because it helps the ones in power to govern easier with higher levels of social cohesion. They can always blame the 'external' for internal conflicts and claim that the foreign entity threatens their legacy, revered traditions, and progress, which helps inhibit intragroup ambivalence.

I think it's an evolutionary social mechanism that mobilizes and structuralizes the group internally to protect itself from the 'other.'

I believe too much pride is an exaggerated perception of 'self' that hinders growth.

I have a Suugo theory that success within an ethnic group accelerates more success as people get inspiration and pride from people who look like them who achieve great things.

Somalis lack role models (there are some, but not enough). It's fucked up.

I have a Suugo theory that success within an ethnic group accelerates more success as people get inspiration and pride from people who look like them who achieve great things.

You're right, dude. We lack representation, seriously deficient in that aspect. Somalia needs propaganda that artificially boosts morale. :ftw9nwa:

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP

You're right, dude. We lack representation, seriously deficient in that aspect. Somalia needs propaganda that artificially boosts morale. :ftw9nwa:
We need more of these :fittytousand:
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...itage-who-are-helping-advance-humanity.64502/

Yes I’m proud to be a Somali. Even if I didn’t choose it. God chose it for me. It’s better to be proud and feel superior than to have an inferiority complex:icon e biggrin:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
What's wrong with being proud of who you are culture language tradition history etc

And nobody looks down on anyone here

southside

Hiiraan
We don't look down on anyone all we did was defend ourselves from black anti somali racists don't interpret that as us looking down on anyone

But that don't mean I have to feel guilty or whatever

lol sxb i have no reason to feel inferior to another human being, i wont deny that there are hateful somaliphobic blacks but its usually alt right somalis that attack other blacks for absolutely no reason

@southside

Walaal are you bantu? If so, don't listen to these hateful trolls. They are dead and unhappy in the inside and only feel powerful and respected when they are insulting women and black people.

southside

Hiiraan
@southside

Walaal are you bantu? If so, don't listen to these hateful trolls. They are dead and unhappy in the inside and only feel powerful and respected when they are insulting women and black people.
thank you abaayo qabiil wise im udeejeen but my hooyo is beesha Madowweyn, i dont let such people get to me