Does anyone else think Somali women are miskin during ramadan? Share your stories

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I make simple iftaar, rice , chicken, fries and salad with fruits and a smoothie, None of that oily sambuus and buur. That was last done two years ago

I told my mother i quit my job is not to be in the kitchen like a slave. I should make the most making ibadah.

I make simple iftaar, rice , chicken, fries and salad with fruits and a smoothie, None of that oily sambuus and buur. That was last done two years ago

I told my mother i quit my job is not to be in the kitchen like a slave. I should make the most making ibadah.

Yeah, making salad, fruit salad, main meal, sambusa, buur, malawax etc every day is too much. Does your family ever expect that?

our hooyoyin and grandmothers/great grandmothers and beyond having been doing this for millennia, its ceeb to feel sorry for a woman being a woman, ramadan gives xalimos a great opportunity to woman up and show us what they're made of

Wallahi it's a serious topic. It's not just all the cooking but all the cleaning as well. You're looking at several hours of work every day. With somali food the kitchen gets really hot as well so it's a struggle

I never thought anything of it but when you see it with your own eyes you'll see it. Mashallah I'm a farax
You’re smart good hearted man, you’ll be good husband and father one day iA. Most of these faraxs don’t realize that their iftar, dinner and suuhor is being prepared by a fasting woman. On top of that most of these women have to go to work or have young kids at home they have to feed throughout the day. They also have to grocery shop, do laundry, clean the house all the while fasting. But most faraxs are selfish and don’t realize they don’t have 4 maids in the house, all they have is a mom or a sister or a wife that’s doing it all while they chill and take it easy. If fasting is hard for a man, it’s twice or three times as hard for most of us. And that’s xaq darro....every second she feels overwhelmed or exhausted it’s a dembi on the men she’s serving.

Last edited:

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
Farax works 10-12 hours a day to support family a lot of the times.
When he comes home he has earned the right to kickback and relax.
but If you are a young lad with no job then help your mom in kitchen.

our hooyoyin and grandmothers/great grandmothers and beyond having been doing this for millennia, its ceeb to feel sorry for a woman being a woman, ramadan gives xalimos a great opportunity to woman up and show us what they're made of
Ramadan is for Quran and Islamic activities. You eat and sleep less, you pray more. It’s not an « opportunity to woman up ». What’s ceeb is people who sleep all day and wait for food.

@karkaar

Sad that you have that mentality.

You can't get through to someone who doesn't even have sympathy for his own ageing mother slaving away in the heat during Ramadan so they can make a lot of food, when you could have helped to give her more time for Ibaada.

Only Allah knows if we will live to see another Ramadan.

Kamaal

Sidii roon Raba og
My jiiniis are locked up huuno. I have no power in Ramadhan

:(

The one that text you earlier is in trouble, Malaa'ig found his cellphone which he is not suppose to have🙉 he is in the hole now. I think you snitch him, delete that post.

@karkaar

Sad that you have that mentality.

You can't get through to someone who doesn't even have sympathy for his own ageing mother slaving away in the heat during Ramadan so they can make a lot of food, when you could have helped to give her more time for Ibaada.

Only Allah knows if we will live to see another Ramadan.
My mother enjoys what she does and so did my grandmother before her :manny: ,and btw she does get help because the girls in my household use ramadan as an opportunity to showcase their skills.

Farax works 10-12 hours a day to support family a lot of the times.
When he comes home he has earned the right to kickback and relax.
but If you are a young lad with no job then help your mom in kitchen.
Guess what you may work 8-10 hours but your job ends at some point. For a woman it doesn’t. And don’t act like most faraxs are construction workers, most spent their day at work on their arse. While your mom or wife’s work is nonstop from early morning to the last chore late at night. These days, most women also work full 8+ hours, get home and go straight to preparing iftar, dinner etc. After everyone is fed, she still has to clean, do laundry, prepare for suhoor. In what world is that comparable or fair? At any giving moment whether a woman works or not we still have the bigggest share of the daily responsibilities. There’s a reason why most Somali women are stressed out and most faraxs chilling.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts