Does anyone else not GAF about the Israel/Palestine conflict?

I know there’s been a lot of topics about this lately, but it’s annoying how it’s everywhere on the internet right now. I can’t scroll through Twitter without seeing it on my feed. I legitimately don’t give a f*ck about this conflict :francis: I remember seeing Israel and Palestine fighting since I was a kid. I’m pretty much indifferent to it now.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I was with my friends protesting in the street of London 2008 or 2009??? I remember joining a free Palestine Facebook group believing I can help somehow in 2014

Now in 2021? This subject doesn't interest. I see no hope for Palestinians people

The same game is playing all over again

I was with my friends protesting in the street of London 2008. I remember joining a free Palestine Facebook group believing I can help somehow in 2014

Now in 2021? This subject doesn't interest. I see no hope for Palestinians people

The same game is playing all overall again

Yeah that’s what I’m saying I’ve been seeing this for some time now over and over again and I just lost interest because I also see no hope for them

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Yeah that’s what I’m saying I’ve been seeing this for some time now over and over again and I just lost interest because I also see no hope for them
I still hope it works out in the end somehow. Not that I expected that but I still hope so.

tbh I feel like there is waaaaay too much bloodshed in the world to truly care anymore. as messed up as it sounds. but we are in the age of exposure. in the past, a person would only know about what is going on in their own backyard- internet/media being global as made us aware of everything and so its better to just make dua for people and stop reading so much on it. anytime there is a world event I scroll quickly past it 😣. but from a geopolitical pov, any conflict in the ME does concern everyone, East to west or will at some point

World

VIP
I care about the situation and support the Palestinian’s cause, but I don’t really think that they have much hope tbh. I don’t see any way in which they will get justice.

I care about the civilians being killed. I don't care much about the politics of the conflict anymore though. It seems to be a lost cause. However the attacks on civilians shouldn't be dismissed, and it should be viewed as crimes against humanity.

I care about the civilians being killed. I don't care much about the politics of the conflict anymore though. It seems to be a lost cause. However the attacks on civilians shouldn't be dismissed, and it should be viewed as crimes against humanity.
It’s not a conflict but rather a genocide. A conflict implies that both parties are on equal footing. This isn’t the case here.

I care about the situation and support the Palestinian’s cause, but I don’t really think that they have much hope tbh. I don’t see any way in which they will get justice.
I think you’re wrong. Things have changed a lot this year. Palestine has received unprecedented support all over the world and people are beginning to see that Israel is an apartheid state. I do believe that they’ll get justice Insha’Allah. Social media has really made it easier for us to see what’s actually going on in real time. To ignore the killings and suffering of others means you have no moral conscious and you’re deliberately turning a blind eye to injustice. The days of claiming ignorance are over.

World

VIP
I think you’re wrong. Things have changed a lot this year. Palestine has received unprecedented support all over the world and people are beginning to see that Israel is an apartheid state. I do believe that they’ll get justice Insha’Allah. Social media has really made it easier for us to see what’s actually going on in real time. To ignore the killings and suffering of others means you have no moral conscious and you’re deliberately turning a blind eye to injustice. The days of claiming ignorance are over.
I hope I’m wrong inshallah. But what do you consider as success for the Palestinian cause?

I hope I’m wrong inshallah. But what do you consider as success for the Palestinian cause?
Success is acknowledgment from the international community that Israel is an apartheid state. Removing weapons and the stopping of funds to Israel by Western countries using tax-dollars. Stop the violence and murders of Palestinians (who are also Christians and Jews so it’s not a “just Muslim” cause). And lastly, returning the land to the Palestinians.

These can be done. Think about if people said that segregation in the US is “just the way it is?” We’d still be using coloured only water fountains today.

World

VIP
Success is acknowledgment from the international community that Israel is an apartheid state. Removing weapons and the stopping of funds to Israel by Western countries using tax-dollars. Stop the violence and murders of Palestinians (who are also Christians and Jews so it’s not a “just Muslim” cause). And lastly, returning the land to the Palestinians.

These can be done. Think about if people said that segregation in the US is “just the way it is?” We’d still be using coloured only water fountains today.
Your last point, returning the land to the Palestinians. That is what I consider success for the Palestinian cause also, however, I do not see it as possible. Some land could be returned in order to determine the borders between Israel and any future Palestinian state, but how can the Israeli state which is a nuclear power and has a population of 7 million Jews be dismantled? As for your other points, they are definitely achievable.

Your last point, returning the land to the Palestinians. That is what I consider success for the Palestinian cause also, however, I do not see it as possible. Some land could be returned in order to determine the borders between Israel and any future Palestinian state, but how can the Israeli state which is a nuclear power and has a population of 7 million Jews be dismantled? As for your other points, they are definitely achievable.
How was slavery dismantled? South Africa apartheid dismantled? Through resistance. Through pushback.

Think about this. Palestinians have no army, no money (they throw rocks at those who have machine guns) while Israel has billions in funds and the most advanced police training (US police officers actually go there for training). Yet, after 73 years they have yet to conquer and defeat the Palestinian people. Why? Because Allah is with them and will always be with them until the hour comes ( i.e. they’ll never be conquered).

Yes it’ll be hard, but I do believe that you cannot put the genie back in the bottle. There’s power in numbers and by people pressuring their governments, we will soon see change and Insha’Allah the Palestinians will get their land back. Will they get it all? Allah knows. I can’t answer that.

Also, I forgot to add, making dua is so so important too. Let’s not belittle it. However, speaking up, no matter what and doing something important as well.

How was slavery dismantled? South Africa apartheid dismantled? Through resistance. Through pushback.

Think about this. Palestinians have no army, no money (they throw rocks at those who have machine guns) while Israel has billions in funds and the most advanced police training (US police officers actually go there for training). Yet, after 73 years they have yet to conquer and defeat the Palestinian people. Why? Because Allah is with them and will always be with them until the hour comes ( i.e. they’ll never be conquered).

Yes it’ll be hard, but I do believe that you cannot put the genie back in the bottle. There’s power in numbers and by people pressuring their governments, we will soon see change and Insha’Allah the Palestinians will get their land back. Will they get it all? Allah knows. I can’t answer that.

Also, I forgot to add, making dua is so so important too. Let’s not belittle it. However, speaking up, no matter what and doing something important as well.
If u think israel hasnt conquered palestine youre delusional.

Palestine literally doesnt exist on the world map. Israel does. If that that doesnt say 'youre my dh!llo' idk what does.

I know there’s been a lot of topics about this lately, but it’s annoying how it’s everywhere on the internet right now. I can’t scroll through Twitter without seeing it on my feed. I legitimately don’t give a f*ck about this conflict :francis: I remember seeing Israel and Palestine fighting since I was a kid. I’m pretty much indifferent to it now.

Then when Tâlût (Saul) set out with the army, he said: "Verily! Allâh will try you by a river. So whoever drinks thereof, he is not of me, and whoever tastes it not, he is of me, except him who takes (thereof) in the hollow of his hand." Yet, they drank thereof, all, except a few of them. So when he had crossed it (the river), he and those who believed with him, they said: "We have no power this day against Jâlût (Goliath) and his hosts." But those who knew with certainty that they were going to meet Allâh, said: "How often a small group overcame a mighty host by Allâh’s Leave?" And Allâh is with As-Sâbirûn (the patient). 2-249

Trending