Does anyone else miss somalia?

Does aanyone else miss somalia?

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I miss seeing somali people all the time the crazy eid celebrations, sleeping in during the afternoon the beach in berbera

where do i start?

Lying in the beach carefree sipping ice cold beverages the smell of the xalimos perfume carried by the ocean wind from their diraacs, the giggle of children as they played happily on endless sandy beaches; the aroma of freshy caught fish being grilled over open charcoal stoves the persistent pleas of merchants selling fruits and nuts the breath taking coolness of the mists over sheikh escarpments.

I was born in wales, my father was born here aswell and his father before emigrated here from yemen and never lived in somalia. yet i feel homesick over a home i had never seen before until recently stuck in still black and white images. I'm thankful i got the chance to visit somalia and i wish to move there soon, rn im stuck in the diaspora with my age mates growing further and further from tradition the deen and our homeland.

What do you miss about somalia?

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
I miss how everyone was related to me in some way. It felt like I'm a part of a big family

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I think it’s natural. I hope you can visit once covid is over.

We forget it used to be a punishment to exile someone from their native land. Being a foreigner unable to go back was never meant to be a thing. Especially for us in the western world who are so different to our adopted countries.

Cant wait to go back to a city I can truly call my own
1611272648448.png

don't remember much, but
miss the small villages I lived in as kid , visiting relatives in miyi ,drinking caano geel , the sandy beaches of that small village up north ,but most of all I miss the taste of my dear hooyo's laxoox in the morning .

I left Somalia when I was 5 after losing my parents , never went back .

don't remember much, but
miss the small villages I lived in as kid , visiting relatives in miyi ,drinking caano geel , the sandy beaches of that small village up north ,but most of all I miss the taste of my dear hooyo's laxoox in the morning .

I left Somalia when I was 5 after losing my parents , never went back .
I'm sorry for yout loss AUN your parents

I have to say i'm extremely homesick and it gets worser with the minute.
Strange how alot of somalis lived outside somalia so long and still dont plan to go back and see their country... do we still have passion for our country? you can't imagine how sad i feel when my friends talk of their countries and i cannot talk positively about somalia... do any of you have that feeling? the sad thing i have a feeling which is that i don't belong nowhere...

I miss seeing somali people all the time the crazy eid celebrations, sleeping in during the afternoon the beach in berbera

where do i start?

Lying in the beach carefree sipping ice cold beverages the smell of the xalimos perfume carried by the ocean wind from their diraacs, the giggle of children as they played happily on endless sandy beaches; the aroma of freshy caught fish being grilled over open charcoal stoves the persistent pleas of merchants selling fruits and nuts the breath taking coolness of the mists over sheikh escarpments.

I was born in wales, my father was born here aswell and his father before emigrated here from yemen and never lived in somalia. yet i feel homesick over a home i had never seen before until recently stuck in still black and white images. I'm thankful i got the chance to visit somalia and i wish to move there soon, rn im stuck in the diaspora with my age mates growing further and further from tradition the deen and our homeland.!

What do you miss about somalia?
Wow! Cant even imagine. It’s like you’re talking about a time so long ago, like some faraway exotic land you only hear about in stories. Your description is poetic, nostalgia inducing, a vivid imagery of a homeland I no longer know or remember. InshaAllah one day I’ll be back and I hope on that day I’ll experience it all. Thanks for sharing πŸ™πŸ½

Hmm somewhat but not really.

The only good thing about Somalia for me is that I felt at home and not like a foreigner which felt nice. I actually had a connection to the place and I wasn't just a guest like I feel in the UK.

But it's not comfortable living there, especially since I'm used to better living standards.

Well that is my experience at least.

Hmm somewhat but not really.

The only good thing about Somalia for me is that I felt at home and not like a foreigner which felt nice. I actually had a connection to the place and I wasn't just a guest like I feel in the UK.

But it's not comfortable living there, especially since I'm used to better living standards.

Well that is my experience at least.
You can live even more luxury in xamar If you got the MoneyπŸ˜ƒ