Does anyone else have red hair?

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Both me and my sister have dark auburn hair. It’s runs on both my Cushitic/Berber side and my maadow side. Ironically, neither of my parents have red hair but, my grandparents do.
Now, I know that Africans can have red hair, but they’re usually light skinned. Dark skin and red hair is very rare. The natural hotep chicks would gripe on me about it because they thought I was dying my hair.

This one stupid maadow said that the only reason my hair is this color is because of perm and sunlight. That’s retard because ALL of my body hair is also red. How much sunlight is going on my armpits to turn it red ? Also got these stupid reasons from my mum’s Ethiopian friend that I have genetic defect and malnourishment. Note that I’m have a thin ballet pettanko body type, so I was extra pissed.
I know that people from Madagascar and the Maghreb have blonde/red hair. I’ve seen Cushitic people with red/auburn/chestnut hair but not blonde . Are they any red/reddish haired folks here ?

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
I've seen a few Somalis with light hair color, I am guessing it's genetics because they were born in the West.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
I've seen malis with pale skin laakin i have yet to see one with light hair.
Well, my Berber are pasty asf, but my Somali side are dark like me.
The alleles that code for red hair occur close to the alleles that affect skin color, so it seems that the phenotypic expression for lighter skin and red hair are interrelated.
Red hair can originate from several changes on the MC1R-gene. If one of these changes is present on both chromosomes then the respective individual is likely to have red hair. This type of inheritance is described as an autosomal recessive mode of inheritance. Even if both parents do not have red hair themselves, both can be carriers for the gene and have a redheaded child.
So that’s why most blacks with red/blonde hair are lighter. I think Malcom X had red hair

Well, my Berber are pasty asf, but my Somali side are dark like me.
The alleles that code for red hair occur close to the alleles that affect skin color, so it seems that the phenotypic expression for lighter skin and red hair are interrelated.
Red hair can originate from several changes on the MC1R-gene. If one of these changes is present on both chromosomes then the respective individual is likely to have red hair. This type of inheritance is described as an autosomal recessive mode of inheritance. Even if both parents do not have red hair themselves, both can be carriers for the gene and have a redheaded child.
So that’s why most blacks with red/blonde hair are lighter. I think Malcom X had red hair
you probably have like 12-30% European from your African American side, Malcom X had reddish hair and green eyes he attribute the red hair from having a Scottish grandfather.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
you probably have like 12-30% European from your African American side, Malcom X had reddish hair and green eyes he attribute the red hair from having a Scottish grandfather.
True, my Berber side has French and Northern Ireland ancestry. The Barbary slave trade did raids on ships and by raids on coastal towns from Italy to the Netherlands, Ireland and the Southwest of Britain, as far north as Iceland and into the eastern Mediterranean. One my maadow side great grandma is from Cade Verde and they have Spanish names

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
My grandmother and my mom have it especially when they were younger now it’s dark brown one of my aunt has freckles and lightish brown hair my family is diverse

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
you should do a 23andme test it would be interesting too see what you get.
No, I got student loans and bills. @NotoriusBIG-V2 . I identify with my African roots the most. This is me and my sister when we were kids. Mind you, we’re 4th generation. My Somali forehead genes are strong asf.
1D2359A5-D905-4C0C-9FBA-495EAEC518A7.jpeg

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
I think you mistaking the red hair for henna :hemad:
I love henna tattoos. I know there’s a tribe that dyes their skin and hair. It’s all natural. Red hair is a mutation and is rare even among whites. Isn’t 5 percent or something like that? Red hair in Europe came from the Nordics. The original Thor had red hair, not blonde

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
@NotoriusBIG-V2 Actually, a lot of ajnabis think I wear makeup and use henna all the time. A lot of maadow chicks use bronzer to try to get the same lighter/reddish pigment. I use to get in trouble in HS for wearing black lipstick but it’s just my natural lip color. Very dark lips are rare I guess.