Does anyone else get mistaken for another ethnicity?

Never accept that shit from anyone, such disrespect. Calling other people mentally ill and intellectual disabled. Whats wrong with people this days.

You don't join a federation and then say "I am leaving". Get this right no one forced us to join, now that we are here. We will stay. I am Isaaq from Cerigaabo, and I believe we should lead Somalia. Why Isolate ourselves and accept defeat, we will rise and have the whole cake.

giphy.gif

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
Im especially lightskin for a Somali and usually get Arab/Brazilian etc. Ajnabis can almost never guess that im Somali and Somalis tend to ask me if im Somali in Somali to guage my response.

Im tall, abit skinny & dark curly haired so i guess i can see why they would think so.

Im especially lightskin for a Somali and usually get Arab/Brazilian etc. Ajnabis can almost never guess that im Somali and Somalis tend to ask me if im Somali in Somali to guage my response.

Im tall, abit skinny & dark curly haired so i guess i can see why they would think so.
Interesting.

Gedogyal

good cop
I've only heard Eritrean/Ethiopian and LANDER (????) :williamswtf:

but you guys have to stop taking it as a compliment bc they are implying that Somalis are ugly (I can't even tell you the amount of times ppl have said that to my face, yuck):westbrookwtf:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Ethiopians always start speaking Amharic to me.

When I went to Addis Ababa the immigration officer saw my passport and said you look Ethiopian to me.:francis:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Mixed raced more so than anything else, I blame stereotypes of what it means to be black and african though.

Macalin M

Out here
Nah not really :chrisfreshhah: That’s something I don’t share with them.

I’d say I kinda have their facial features minus the eyes.
Our facial features are pretty similar. They just got fat eyes and there are a couple Somalis with fat eyes too. Probably from mixing with them.

Eritrean/Ethiopian. Even somalis mistake me for one.

When I was younger I was always mistaken to be an arab/egyptian.

Last edited:
I've only heard Eritrean/Ethiopian and LANDER (????) :williamswtf:

but you guys have to stop taking it as a compliment bc they are implying that Somalis are ugly (I can't even tell you the amount of times ppl have said that to my face, yuck):westbrookwtf:
Facts. I don’t take it as a compliment it’s annoying. It’s usually people from those countries that think it.

Our facial features are pretty similar. They just got fat eyes and there are a couple Somalis with fat eyes too. Probably from mixing with them.
Lmao fat eyes. I noticed the guys have sleepy eyes think Amine. And the chicks either nice thin eyes or big eyes. I swear when I first saw him I knew he was Ethiopian.
91A131FB-1B58-4F85-A714-C420BE574BE6.jpeg

Gedogyal

good cop
Facts. I don’t take it as a compliment it’s annoying. It’s usually people from those countries that think it.
For me it's even worse, somalis think I'm not Somali but the comments usually comes from Arabs (and we all know how much they dislike us blacks, esp. somalis)

Useally Eritrean or Ethiopian but one girl told me if i was from papuan or other Melanesians region. :mindblown:

When i heard that took it as joke but inside i was really hurt:mjhaps:

Trending

Latest posts