Do your parents have family photos hanging in the home?

My mom took down all the family picture frames from the walls a few years ago because she says it’s haram. She also took down the frames with ayat al kursi and islamic calligraphy bc that’s haram to have on the walls as well, apparently

So now the walls look so bare and sad. Like no one lives here. Does anyone else have no pictures on the walls?

We did back when my family lived in the States. In our home in Hargeisa, we only have Ayatul Kursi, some Quran and a picture of the Hajj left on our walls. That’s all my Ayeeyo (AUN) would allow us to have loool

I found out not long ago. It’s haram to have any pictures of people/animals/animate objects hanged on the wall. You could have a picture of nice fruits or the ocean; something like that if you want though.
You also can’t put any Quran verse on the wall, we had to take down ours-it was in gold lettering, and that’s even worse apparently, but it was hard to read anyway. Even plain Quran verse is a no-no.
There’s reasons for it, they make sense tbh.

And no, I’ve never had pictures of myself/family hanging. We have a lot of pictures but they’re all in photo albums. It’s better that way, any randoms who come into your house to fix something might see your pictures

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
My mom took down all the family picture frames from the walls a few years ago because she says it’s haram. She also took down the frames with ayat al kursi and islamic calligraphy bc that’s haram to have on the walls as well, apparently

So now the walls look so bare and sad. Like no one lives here. Does anyone else have no pictures on the walls?
No iam to ugly for my mother for her to have pictures of me in her house :mjcry:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
There’s a photo of my mum, dad and I that used to hang on the wall but we took down cos my mum wasn’t wearing hijab.

I found out not long ago. It’s haram to have any pictures of people/animals/animate objects hanged on the wall. You could have a picture of nice fruits or the ocean; something like that if you want though.
You also can’t put any Quran verse on the wall, we had to take down ours-it was in gold lettering, and that’s even worse apparently, but it was hard to read anyway. Even plain Quran verse is a no-no.
There’s reasons for it, they make sense tbh.
So many rules just so you can appease allah . Truly ridiculous you guys can’t see the irony

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

We took ours down awhile back too, but we got paintings of nature/flora instead.

Trending