Do you want to have children? (serious discussion)

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
The plan

First Bah: My to-be wife is from the UK. Shes somali and 2 years younger than me. I plan to have 5 kids with her. Aim is to spend 20 years raising them.

Second, third and fourth Bah: Will all be from under developed countries. I'll be looking for specific traits (High IQ, male family members must 6ft+, caucasian, coloured eyes and has to 20 years younger than me). I'll have 5 kids with each one and spend 20 years raising them.

So by the time i am 60 I'll have 20 independent kids. We'll conquer the Somali peninsula :trumpsmirk:

maestro

Cultural revolution
You can have fun while having had kids as well. Instead of sacrificing one or another, have a little of both. Have two kids max, it will be easier than having 4 or 5. In 10 years time, while ur still in ur 30s, he kids will be grown. By your 40s they are driving and have a part time job which means u can have fun as well.

25 to 50 is the peak of your life and the best decades you will ever have if you remain healthy and are career oriented. Rich, Young, energetic, strapping and got a sharp mind. Some people want to spend their golden years chained to a 9-5 feeding kids and some people want to enjoy them.

If having kids was an option at age 50 I'd be OK with it but that is impossible now so nah. I don't want to throw away my best years.

25 to 50 is the peak of your life and the best decades you will ever have if you remain healthy and are career oriented. Rich, Young, energetic, strapping and got a sharp mind. Some people want to spend their golden years chained to a 9-5 feeding kids and some people want to enjoy them.

If having kids was an option at age 50 I'd be OK with it but that is impossible now so nah. I don't want to throw away my best years.
So what will you be doing Instead? A 9-5 is unavoidable for a lot of people, since you aren't doing that, what will your source of income be? Teedakale, if you have money, and you won't be doing a 9-5 job, wouldn't that mean u have more time to have kids and enjoy live ?

maestro

Cultural revolution
So what will you be doing Instead? A 9-5 is unavoidable for a lot of people, since you aren't doing that, what will your source of income be? Teedakale, if you have money, and you won't be doing a 9-5 job, wouldn't that mean u have more time to have kids and enjoy live ?

You can hustle and do what you have to do until you save enough to invest in your own company if you don't already have a dream career. You can do this also if you have children but since you aren't burning through $12000/year per child, you will reach there exponentially faster. Then when you're there you can expand even faster.
If you want a long ass career in something like science research. You will dedicate the 20 years of bringing up a child to your work instead and maybe you'll invent something big.

The possibilities are endless.

For the second question. Yes that means you can afford children and enjoy life but people my age are poor so we have to do 9-5 on the come up. Kids are out of the question for many

When you reach 40 is when you truly have money and by that time yes you can afford children and not have 9-5 job meaning more time to spend with kids and enjoying life. But honestly at that point who tf wants children? its already too late. You'll be 60 when the oldest reaches college age.
Besides I have a few decades left on earth at that point so Children are an unnecessary effort.
If the temptation is too much then you can just adopt a 6-8 year old to feel better. Raise em for around 10 years. It has less impact on your life but won't be as strong of a bond.

It's all very dynamic. More pros than cons if you don't care about passing genes. Me personally, I have 7 siblings and 19 cousins. My genes will definitely live on regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending